Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I saw something on the news. Sadly, quite a few lost their lives too. Glad you`re ok Pat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    yakky, which Duragloss products, in your experience, appear similar to Zaino.

I`m only asking as I`d like to try some DG products. Any suggestions, apart from the obvious AW?

The real dead ringers for me are:

Z6= DG921

Z10=DG221

Z16=DG253

ZAIO=DG101 (though I haven`t compared durablity, looks and ease of use are identical)

Z2(non pro)=DG111 still have that super plastic look I love on silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Not to worry, the DG bros have a ChemE background, so he`s covered :wink:

:lol too funny!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How about 501 AIO ???? What is your impression of 501 ??
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean #105?

Post Thanks / Like
    Iowa, as Zaino pointed out, has a long-standing demonstrable resistance not just to electing women to represent it, but also to women running for presidential office in the Iowa Caucus. You would think that if anyone could

But it is also an overhyped media circus, which helps give Iowa disproportionate influence on who gets the Republican nomination, despite the fact that no binding delegates are actually selected. The Iowa caucuses are low-turnout, high-intensity

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking Zaino news...

Couple things...I have a bottle of ZAIO from 2008. Still works fine. That`s a pretty darn good shelf life.

As far as I`m aware...Sal has never claimed to be a chemist. But I`d assume that he has hired a chemist to do his formulating.

Like the rest of you, I wonder why it`s been so long since he`s released anything new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    ...Like the rest of you, I wonder why it`s been so long since he`s released anything new.
    because everyone still has 43 coats of z 2 and z5 to wear off. lol

Brandt K.
    Likes JBM, Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Its hard to believe that such a popular product 10 years ago, now has no activity on their big thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rotts4u View Post
    Its hard to believe that such a popular product 10 years ago, now has no activity on their big thread
    I`ve been a user for probably 20+ years. AIO is my "go to" product. I`ll try the newest "flavor of the week" but go back to what I like the best. I use Black Fire Si02 as a topper in between my bi monthly AIO applications.... why so often? Because I need some "driveway therapy".

I think Zanio lovers maintain a low profile because many hate hearing about it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow ! almost 90 and one half thousand views !!!!

Also a user for over 20 years, had it all down to a science..
    Even bought some smaller plastic bottles to mix the ZFX so no wasting the quarter or half ounce of the mixed product..

What could he possibly want to say today ? He started the movement to coatings and everything has continued to evolve past that line..

What I have learned after these decades, is that he is very thrifty with his words, and does not change his Business Plan - ever -

I still like to use his Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner for those Clients that desire a little "leather scent" in their vehicles..

Whatever he used in the Leather Conditioner always worked great on BMW M5 Leather, for example..

The Cleaner sprayed/brushed on leather, and then steamed through a large triangular shaped brush with a thick white towel over it, usually turned the towel brown, as it removed the body oils, dirt, etc., out of the leather..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Wow ! almost 90 and one half thousand views !!!!

Also a user for over 20 years, had it all down to a science..
    Was a Z-ealot for 10 years, got tons of compliments. Every Spring, order the $130 `Show Car Kit` and wonder why I was spending so much on care care Breaking Zaino news...

Kinda a Saran-Wrap gloss, can`t really remember if it beaded that well. Do remember that self cleaning was pretty poor (although didnt know it at the time). Just accepted the fact that if car got rained on, it needed a wash and bird bombs needed immediate removal...even if 11pm at night Breaking Zaino news...

Longevity was pretty good for that time and ya sure learned the whole `less is more` application method. Z2, Z5, ZFX, Z6 and the Holy Grail, Z8 Grand Finale! Spray & Seal was nice too.

Protection was minimal, ended up with etched waterspots. Leather In A Bottle was nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well, I believe I started a thread about this not that long ago, about how the latest thing on the "what`s new" page at the Zaino website...was still Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal, the original subject of this thread and the first-to-market WOWA sealant. They finally took the "what`s new" section down, after being unchanged for more than 10 years (I think actually the MF towels came later, but never had an entry on the "what`s new" page).

It all got a to be a little too much to deal with for us people in NJ, who were unable to order from the Zaino Store and had to mail or fax order pages to the Jersey rep who was actually in PA. He was very good, it was just in the age of E-commerce it was a drag to be stuck in the fax-commerce era. I think ultimately he did start accepting PayPal at his site.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after all these years I guess Zaino isn`t flavor of the month anymore. I`m guessing at this point Sal is getting up there in age, not really sure how old he is. The whole 40 layers of Zaino thing was comical.

I still use Zaino on occasion. Last week I used the ZPC fusion polish to remove some overspray from a recent paint job. That products cleaning ability is really great. I still love the glow of Z8. It would be nice if Sal updated it with ceramic and buzz words. The leather conditioner is a pretty good product as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about resurrecting an old thread from January, 2007!!
    Here I thought this was news about Zaino and Collinite merging companies and calling it Zainolite OR Optimum Polymer Technologies buying out Zaino and calling this new enterprise Opti-Poly-Zain.

Yes, there are still you Zaino-zealots out their who have their products in your detailing collection and STILL use them from time to time, I assume just to use it up or feel "detailing nostalgic" as a reminder of what they were (are?) like.

I am still waiting for some Autopian to tell us about some breaking news about Malm`s Waxes! And unless you`ve read magazines like Popular Mechanics or Popular Science or Motor Trend (remember this printed media before the internet ?) it probably does not ring a bell.
    GB detailer
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information