Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Sorry if this comes across as stepping on toes....but over a year ago...well over a year ago, I began formulating a "self-curing" sealant with David @ Optimum (my ideas, his formulations).

I wanted a sealant that you just wiped on and then walked away. So David put together various formulations but all lacked something but excelled in other areas.

I am expecting to get flamed here, perhaps even black balled....but is it just coincidence that you now see more spray waxes, longer working - "dustless" polishes that claim to be "pad dependant" and now I also expect to see a rash of "one step" products.... or is it just me?

Anthony

Sal didn`t invent anything new or your suggestion that someone else is doing so or had a novel idea.

ALL-IN-One type products have been around for a long time (i.e cleaners waxes for the 60`s) . Many poor performing one-steps LSP sealant (no buffing required) types have also been around for over 25 years (my 79 Rx7 had such a treatment from the dealership that I watch them apply $300 option that didn`t work).

Pad dependency has always been known by experienced dealers. Again nothing new.

What is new is that some of these products excel at what they do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sealants that spray on and walk away go back to the eighties, they just never worked like advertised and thus it went away. It`s what competition is all about. As soon as Ford has a new gadget, Chevy has it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t let this thread get out of hand; just use the DC one as an example of how not to behave. So far this discussion has been excellent for the most part. Cheers.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the excitement about Zaino stems from the fact that his products simply work well consistently.

There also arent any visible "family tree`s" (read: CG) visible, he seems to be a pioneer. Sal comes across as a guy that really loves cars and advancing his product line. (I dont know him personally)

Thre are so many cheats and spoofs in this business now. Anything that comes across as honest is a hit.

Optimum - great stuff, I replaced 3m with it.

Zaino - great stuff, still has that Neiman Marcus status.

Meguiars - great stuff, just too commercial for my use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know one steps have been out for a long time....I used Hi-Temps one step and Meguiars 66 years ago.

My point is there seems to be a perked interest in this area. I know of a few smaller companies now working on them...I`m guessing a few new ones will be coming out very soon.

I also know that some larger product companies have sought to get a peek at Optimum`s formulations....and I am sure other small time operations have (I know this as fact as some have shared stories with me) experienced something along these lines also.

I`m not claiming that the idea behind the sealant is something that I alone created, that would be ridiculous. My belief is that certain companies are at the forefront of product development and the big boys are nervous (Zaino would not be one of the big boys).

Zaino has a well marked out line in the enthusiast crowd, others go for the professional crowd first, enthusiast second. I don`t believe I have ever knocked Zaino as a horrible product, it`s got a great, very loyal following. Actually I look forward to using or having someone compare my sealant to Zaino`s.....*IF* this latest beta version works as planned:nervous2: If it can equal, perhaps even surpass the Zaino version, I know we did something very special.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I haven`t tried zaino yet but how much better will you get with it than this?

Very nice!!:2thumbs: Looks wet AND reflective. Looks good here!!

Never used this product on any commercial customers, but sure would use it looking at from this pic. I`ll have to try.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Sorry if this comes across as stepping on toes....but over a year ago...well over a year ago, I began formulating a "self-curing" sealant with David @ Optimum (my ideas, his formulations).

I wanted a sealant that you just wiped on and then walked away. So David put together various formulations but all lacked something but excelled in other areas.

I am expecting to get flamed here, perhaps even black balled....but is it just coincidence that you now see more spray waxes, longer working - "dustless" polishes that claim to be "pad dependant" and now I also expect to see a rash of "one step" products.... or is it just me?

Anthony

It could be several things. First most raw chemcials come from few manufacturers. Secondly, many products probably have similar abrasives sourced from similar suppliers(was Mothers available prior to OP?). Third, I`ve heard that Sal was playing with buffless technology for years before he was satisfied it would work. Good luck in your quest and hopefully you will develope a product aimed at volume detailers who would benefit from that type of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I haven`t tried zaino yet but how much better will you get with it than this? This truck was very dirty. I washed, clayed, washed and finished it up with Auto Magic Awesome Gloss

That`s what I preach. It`s amazing how a less expensive product can produce truly stellar results when used correctly. Save your money and learn how to use your products. The person who wins at the end of the day is the one that did it fastest, cheapest and the best!! :secret
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Score!

Ill bet a guy with skills like Scottwax can do a better job with a can of Turtle wax than a random guy off the street can do with the entire Autogeek warehouse.

From the movie Christine, "You cant polish a turd kid".

Post Thanks / Like
    To this day I sometimes wonder why so much heated discussion goes into LSPs. I mean we`re all smart enough and experienced enough to know that the LSP is at most a fraction of what goes into the final look of a vehicle.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 15951
    there`s a finite amount of improvements that can be made to products, IMO. I bet there are very few original ideas in detailing.

Not so fast!

I may be tilting my cards.........but I’m already developing a product that will one-up any spray-on, walk-away sealant.

It’s a “touch-less†sealant; and the coolest part is that it never even touches the surface of the car!!!

It’s a new Water-based, self-dissolving, synthetic polymeric, optical enhancing, advanced polymer â€â€â€â€.eye-drop.

Just two drops “one for Pirates†will deliver an optically clear, mile-deep, mirror-like result on anything you look at, and it will last and last.

It also will remove swirls and of course it contains no abrasives (it goes in your eyeâ€duh).

It contains UV-99 protection and you can instantly add layer after layer by just putting in more drops.

This stuff applies so quickly that we like to sayâ€.â€If you blink, you’ll miss itâ€, “Reallyâ€!

RET:spot

Post Thanks / Like
    The All In One market has probobly heated up because people realized the success Klasse has had over the years and really Klasse dominated the All In One market. So now you have JW`S Prime, Optimum Polyseal and so on. Plus its really the best route for an inexperienced detailer to start with. He can do a 1 step process and still play 36 holes of golf in one day....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ret
    Not so fast!

I may be tilting my cards.........but I’m already developing a product that will one-up any spray-on, walk-away sealant.

It’s a “touch-less†sealant; and the coolest part is that it never even touches the surface of the car!!!

It’s a new Water-based, self-dissolving, synthetic polymeric, optical enhancing, advanced polymer â€â€â€â€.eye-drop.

Just two drops “one for Pirates†will deliver an optically clear, mile-deep, mirror-like result on anything you look at, and it will last and last.

It also will remove swirls and of course it contains no abrasives (it goes in your eyeâ€duh).

It contains UV-99 protection and you can instantly add layer after layer by just putting in more drops.

This stuff applies so quickly that we like to sayâ€.â€If you blink, you’ll miss itâ€, “Reallyâ€!

RET:spot

:LOLOL

You stole my idea!!!!! Well, my custom formulation from CG. :grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    :LOLOL

You stole my idea!!!!! Well, my custom formulation from CG. :grrr

No,no,no....this is Completely differentâ€. Mine smells like bacon

LOL

RET

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    The All In One market has probobly heated up because people realized the success Klasse has had over the years and really Klasse dominated the All In One market. So now you have JW`S Prime, Optimum Polyseal and so on. Plus its really the best route for an inexperienced detailer to start with. He can do a 1 step process and still play 36 holes of golf in one day....lol

...although, Poli-Seal really wasn`t developed to compete with AIO, in that is has true correction ability. There are not too many one steps that correct the finish (within reason, of course), look great and have decent (3 months) durability. It was developed to fill a hole in the market.

Is the new Zaino sealant or the still in development Optimum Sealant really filling a perceived hole by not leaving any residue that needs to be buffed off? Honestly, that aspect of either product means little to me and probably when you get down to it, not a whole to anyone here. I`d say the vast majority of LSPs we use are so easy to wipe off that is it almost enjoyable to do so. The only real benefit seems to be a small amount of time saved. I seal 4 cars in one day, I might save 5-10 minutes a vehicle. At the end of the day, that will add up...maybe enough to wash my car regularly...maybe not. . To the average enthusiast though, I think once the novelty wears off, both products will be judged on their appearance and durability more than anything else.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread Information