Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    Yay! No more ZFX bottles to dry up long before they are ever used! Yay!

How long before Duragloss has their version of CS?

I was wondering if anyone has applied Z-2 Pro without the ZFX flash, and had just as good results. Is it that critical that you use the flash?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Scott often points out that they don`t have acid rain in TX. Where you are to where I am is the acid rain belt and I think that has a lot to do with it (along with all the other environmental fallout we have here from population density, etc.)

very good point. I live 1.5 miles from a coal power plant. Most products I`ve used in the past get destroyed fairly quickly.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBAILEY
    wannafbody...when use tested the Z-CS did it have any filling capabilities like Z-5Pro? I wonder if the Z-AIO will. The Z-AIO is probably the better step to be filling. Did Sal give any hints about how much he plans on charging for these 2 new products? I hope the Z-CS comes in bigger than 1-2 oz bottles.

ZAIO doesn`t have filling ability it does have some minor corrective ability. It has pretty good cleaning action.

I`ve heard that the Z-CS will be available in 4 oz sizes.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silk
    I was wondering if anyone has applied Z-2 Pro without the ZFX flash, and had just as good results. Is it that critical that you use the flash?

I`ve used Z2pro without ZFX and got about 4 months of beading outside 24/7 with occasional washes. ZFX is reccomended for the base coat because it helps anchor the sealant to the paint better.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressornsc
    Now, let me start by saying that I`m as big of Z fan as anybody (have aobut every `number` + the shirt). But...

I seem to remember a similar thread a few months ago aout a product that had almost the same claims and it got slammed. TW Ice.

However I do trust Wanna`s opinion more than most, but it`s just interesting how radically different the thread goes when Zaino is in front of one name, and Turtle Wax in front of the other...

IIRC TW Ice needs to be buffed off. Others on various forums have stated that Ice has poor durability. The difference between brand X retail product and Zaino is that Sal won`t release a product until he`s got it right. His products are designed for the most demanding enthuiasts who want durable, technologically advanced products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been waiting for this since ZFX came out. If I can use ZAIO, Z2Pro with no ZFX, then the Z-CS to my heart`s content, I`ll kiss Sal`s feet. Okay, gross, maybe not, but I`ll be one helluva excited detailer. Anybody want to buy a garage full of polishes, glazes and waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Having tested the beta`s on this one, it certainly will live up to the hype. If surface is correctly prepped, and the procedure is followed to the T, the sealant will be dried in 15 minutes, and sometimes less.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I use carnaubas almost exclusively on my black car all summer in Dallas. I have never had a problem with them not holding up, even this past summer when we had 40+ 100 degree days and my car is parked outside 24/7.

I`m on board with Scott on this point. Like Scott, I use carnaubas all summer long here in West Texas with no ill effects at all, in terms of "rapid LSP degradation". I take the realistic approach with my nubas in the summer as I have seen the life of my applied nubas degrade "a bit sooner" in the 5 months of 98-105 degree summer time temps. The scorching sun down here does play a factor on the longevity of the wax on my vehicles. That`s exactly the reason why I re apply Souveran, Natty`s Blue, Max Wax, XXX, #26, CMW, Trade Secret, PW & now 5050 every 3-4 weeks or so. I`ve never been one to let my carnauba LSP "run it`s course" & totally collapse, so to speak. When my nuba degrades in looks to roughly 75%, ( to my 20+ year enthisiasts eye ) I re apply another layer. In the interim, I do use products to "boost" my nuba LSP after each wash. FK#425, FX-100, CM, OCW, Blitz & recently Aquawax etc. For instance, I`ve been able to extend a single layer of Souveran, (with AIO as a base) using #425 & FX-100, to last nearly 2+ months (this past June & July) through the 100 degree days down here on my black paint. Would I expect a single layer of Souveran to last 10 weeks without any maintenance in the scorching summers here? Probably not. Have I? No. Z5 Pro/ Z2 Pro? Heck yeah! Zaino has lasted 6+ months on my parents grey Explorer, this past summer, without even breaking a sweat. Apples & oranges, really.

As for the great Zaino hype machine...... I never buy into the hype & claims of any manufacturer, of any product until I have "hands on" experience with said product. Opinions & experiences vary. That`s for sure. What works for me just might not work for others. For instance, Z5 & Z5 Pro don`t seem to have any effective "filling properties" as the product claims & I`m a Zaino user. My prep regimine eliminates swirls & marring, so I don`t use the Z5 / Z5 Pro for filling. I admit it.........I bought the Z5 "twins" because of Z`s filling claims. Silly me! However, Z`s UV protection is 2nd to none, IMO. It`s sealant properties & paint protection are at the top the charts. I now use Zaino as a base for my favorite nuba. It`s a combo that has proven to be quite effective year round for my past & present vehicles. Z for protection & nuba for looks.

I am interested in the new Z products, knowing the quality of the existing Z line up. It`s nice to see that Sal continues to push the envelope & evolve his products in an effort to stay ahead of the curve.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the question for me is............Why do product manufacturers continue to set such un realistic product expectations for their customers? I`d like to see them switch their hype towards the "features & benefits" of their products for their customers as opposed to such lofty, unrealistic mis truths inorder to sell their products.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole virgin applicator pad thing is a bit strange...

and I dont see the hype over ZAIO, as there are already AIO`s out there, I must have misssed something.

Now the CS....that sounds like something I`d like to try, especially if that claim of protection for up to 9 months has any merit.

CS ontop of PoliSeal sounds like a winning combo in getting a great looking finish with minimal effort. I thought I read somewhere that Optimum is developing a no whipe off sealant as well....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice

Now the CS....that sounds like something I`d like to try, especially if that claim of protection for up to 9 months has any merit.

I believe the 9 month claim is if the CS is used on top of the Z sealants (Z2 or Z5), not as a standalone LSP. No durability estimate has been given as a standalone that I`ve seen. That is a key factor for me. I would assume 3 months on its own (6 months for the Z sealant + 3 for the CS = 9 total). I am getting 2.5+ on AW as standalone, so 3 on CS is really not revolutionary for me...
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the "hype" over ZAIO is because it doesn`t need ZFX and because there is a hole in the market. Most AIO`s aren`t durable. Also, Klasse AIO has lost a lot of follwing after it`s reformulation for VOC and it`s durability has suffered.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the 9 month claim is if the CS is used on top of the Z sealants (Z2 or Z5), not as a standalone LSP. No durability estimate has been given as a standalone that I`ve seen. That is a key factor for me. I would assume 3 months on its own (6 months for the Z sealant + 3 for the CS = 9 total). I am getting 2.5+ on AW as standalone, so 3 on CS is really not revolutionary for me...

CS will/can be a stand alone LSP. I have gone 2.5 months so far. 9 months :nixweiss. That`s something I will not be able to evaluated. Even my DD`s get quarterly pampering.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

AW is a very nice OTC product but I don`t think it`s in the same leaque as Z-CS. The difference is in the ingredients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    AW is a very nice OTC product but I don`t think it`s in the same leaque as Z-CS. The difference is in the ingredients.

Do you *think* this or *know* this??
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information