Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Wasn`t Anthony Orosco working on the same thing?

Anthony was testing a true sealant from Optimum. I`m not sure about the removal-less aspect :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    Anthony was testing a true sealant from Optimum. I`m not sure about the removal-less aspect :nixweiss

It was definately the same concept. - dried clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Hope to see another great product come out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    I think wise Autopians will take a step back, take a breath, and wait patiently for their product to arrive in the mail. Then they will test the product and draw their own conclusions.

:werd: :goodjob

I would definitely like to try these to see how they work. If it truly is a "buffless" sealant that is easy to use, lasts 4+ months, and looks like Z2/Z5 then I am sure it will be a hit.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty smart by Zaino to bring out AIO and ZPC for that matter. Because ultimately he was losing some business in the swirl remover market and the All In One market. His objective (one would assume) is to offer one stop shopping for Zaino users and potential users, and have a product to fill every need.

Post Thanks / Like

Scottwax,

I think we should wait for the product and test its performance to be fair to Sal. Use it as directions indicate and see what the final result is. Is the remaining sealant optically clear? Does it look good? Does it work as advertised? Is it durable?

It`s hard to say Sal has or has not done something important here until one has a chance to use the product.

I`m not disputing at all that the two new items will be quality products. Personally, `optically clear` means nothing to me. What does is how what I put on my car makes it look.

Product hype in this highly unregulated business of detailing products is commonplace but Zaino imho is better than most at being realistic. There are in fact several products like Turtle Wax Ice that will last just a few days so I can`t see where Sal has made any unsubstantiated statements.

I don`t recall seeing on any other manufacturer`s site other than Zaino`s any claims about what other products do or don`t do, just what their product does. Zaino`s products are good enough that there isn`t even a need at all to discuss the merits of other sealants or waxes and how long they last or don`t last. There is already enough hype and/or misinformation about detailing on the internet already without making blanket statements about silicones and carnaubas, that`s all. Does that make sense to you?

I haven`t used Turtle Wax Ice and I don`t think too many serious detailers do. What I do know is the products I have tried....Meguiars, Clearkote, Optimum, Poorboy`s, 1Z, Klasse, Werkstatt, Wolfgang, Detailer`s Pride, etc, all provided at least a couple months protection for me.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

VOC free too.

Scottwax, what do you think of the results in the photos?

They all look really good.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    Pretty smart by Zaino to bring out AIO and ZPC for that matter. Because ultimately he was losing some business in the swirl remover market and the All In One market. His objective (one would assume) is to offer one stop shopping for Zaino users and potential users, and have a product to fill every need.

Excellent strategy! I`ve had a couple manufacturers ask me what it would take to get me to use their products exclusively and my answer is "make more products". Make enough products that will cover all my detailing needs and make each one as good or better than anything else on the market.

What really intrigues me about the new Zaino sealant is the compatibility with other products. It appears Sal has been listening to people wanting his products to play nice with other products.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The older you get in life the more apt you are to believe what you see not what you hear Thats my approach to any product I use and test, because sadly your view may be different from someone else`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    There is already enough hype and/or misinformation about detailing on the internet already

Understatement of the decade.

I have tried....Meguiars, Clearkote, Optimum, Poorboy`s, 1Z, Klasse, Werkstatt, Wolfgang, Detailer`s Pride, etc, all provided at least a couple months protection for me.

I wish everyone on this board could say the same.

VOC free too.

Clear Seal is VOC free.

Do you happen to know the status of Optimum`s product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    Understatement of the decade.

:LOLOL You got that right!

As far as durability goes, I generally mention the Dallas area seems to be pretty wax friendly. The only one that was a real disappointment was Formula113, seemed pretty much dead at 6 weeks but then again, when I was sent a sample, I was told the focus was on appearance, not great durability. Still, that is more than `days`.

My only point is that the product discription, IMO, should be about the products attributes, not the perceived shortcomings of other products, that`s all.

Clear Seal is VOC free.

Do you happen to know the status of Optimum`s product?

It appears to be in the final stages of testing. I guess Anthony Orosco is doing the field testing. I`ve been promised a sample when the production version is finalized. Could be weeks, could be months, I really don`t know. My basic understanding is it is VOC free, leaves a very slick surface and has great durability. I am hoping Anthony has some updates soon.

In any event, it is great to see companies like Zaino and Optimum working hard on new and better products...that means everyone else will have to as well. A couple years down the road, we will probably have a plethora of new and better products from a variety of companies to chose from.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

What is Optimum working on? I must have missed the thread.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergray
    Scott,

What is Optimum working on? I must have missed the thread.

Thanks!

A pure sealant. Search Anthony Orosco`s threads, he is the one testing it.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t want to get into all this drama, but from looking at the past 10 pages or so I still maintain NOTHING gernerates this much excitment or bashing than Zaino. I mean a lot of you guys have been bashing Zaino because of ZFX then he comes out with a product you just apply and walk away and your still complaining? What do you want? Sal to apply it for you too.

As I said before I don`t get mad anymore, because everyone has their opinion and I have learned a lot from this site. I also test as much as I can, I have been doing this as my passion since 1978.

I buy all the topic products. I have the whole Werkstatt line,Duragloss line and most recently Optimum polish,Polyseal, ONR and OCW. All good products ,some better than others. But for me nothing is Zaino. And now an AIO and CS, I am excited .

If they perform any where near the Z8,ZPC or Z5/2 pro they will be a huge hit and hard to bash.

Somewhere in this thread somebody mentioned Corvetts having swirls sealed in. Well isn`t the premise of this site that prep is everything? If it seals in bad imagine a properly prepped finish will look like? Yes carnuba, glaze and products like that hide things but what Autopia preaches is PREP.

A lot of you guys enjoy mixing products,I don`t. So now Zaino has a product that will , that should be good news.

As soon as they are available I will buy them and test them. And if they are as good as promised Zaino will have raised the bar that much more.

Trust me I love new products and will try them all ( If I can )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    AW is a very nice OTC product but I don`t think it`s in the same leaque as Z-CS. The difference is in the ingredients.

To me that`s a very bold statement.

I`m in love with AW. One, it`s cheap. Two, it`s super easy on and off, it isn`t picky at all. Three it looks great and lasts a long time.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information