Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    AW is a very nice OTC product but I don`t think it`s in the same leaque as Z-CS. The difference is in the ingredients.

And what are the ingredients, per se? If it`s going to last marginally longer than what I`m using now as a standalone LSP, it`s very comparable to AW, IMO, regardless of the "superior" ingredients.

For up to 9 months protection to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself (no ZFX). You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer`s product.

This wording looks very craftily done, if you ask me. It gives the reader the impression that this new CS will last 9 months, however the whole top coat jargon simply means on top of the Z polishes. Z5 was already a 6 month protectant...again, 3 months is hardly revolutionary, at least to me.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    This is good news. But honestly, I never, ever minded using ZFX. The people that complained about it loudest, never actually used Zaino! I am keeping a very open mind and ignoring the claims on durability. I have used other products, mainly Meg`s prior. And still use Meg`s due to it`s breadth of line. But I have switched to Zaino (as a LSP) for the last 6 months and honestly don`t regret it. I approached Zaino with a very open mind and the results speak for itself. But the bottom line, you need to have your paint in perfect shape prior to a product like a Zaino. Another data point is that I am impressed with Sal`s commitment to continuously improve his products. Some people see "snake oil" and some people see results. You can only see results, if you actually used and tested the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    How long before Duragloss has their version of CS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Do you *think* this or *know* this??

Me thinks he thinks.

I have no doubt that it will be a good product but mind the hype and frenzy

Post Thanks / Like

This wording looks very craftily done, if you ask me. It gives the reader the impression that this new CS will last 9 months; however the whole top coat jargon simply means on top of the Z polishes. Z5 was already a 6 month protectant...again, 3 months is hardly revolutionary, at least to me.

I believe the 9 month claim is if the CS is used on top of the Z sealants (Z2 or Z5), not as a standalone LSP. No durability estimate has been given as a standalone that I`ve seen. That is a key factor for me. I would assume 3 months on its own (6 months for the Z sealant + 3 for the CS = 9 total). .

I have gotten 6 months and 1 week durability thus far with 1 coat of CS on a ZPC prepped surface, with NO Z8 wiped downs, just purely Z6 after monthly washes on an outdoor car belonging to a client. In complete honesty, the car looks like it just received a coat of Z5pro. Is the beading as tight as it originally was? Of course not, but it certainly does still have strong beading, and is certainly still protecting.

I am getting 2.5+ on AW as standalone, so 3 on CS is really not revolutionary for me..

I have tried Duragloss AW, and although it is a nice product, in all honesty, it’s like comparing apples to oranges. AW is a nice spray sealant/booster, and CS is a very long lasting sealant.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, that is good solid real world info. I will await further tests and analysis, but if it truly lasts 6 months on its own, then I think it has great potential.

I wasn`t trying to suggest it is the same as AW in function (I realize CS is marketed as a sealant, not a spray), just that it appeared to offer similar durability if you read through the lines. If this turns out to be true, then great! While you may not be able to compare sealants to sprays in general, I do believe they can still be compared in terms of protection and durability. After all, I`ve had AW last longer than some other "true sealants" on the market, so I can`t resist comparing other LSPs to it as well, whether they are in the same "class" of product or not. Look forward to further real world testing....
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I think the "hype" over ZAIO is because it doesn`t need ZFX and because there is a hole in the market. Most AIO`s aren`t durable. Also, Klasse AIO has lost a lot of follwing after it`s reformulation for VOC and it`s durability has suffered.

My understanding is that Werkstatt`s Prime Strong can be used as a stand alone, one step sealant. In addition, Poorboy`s Polish w/Sealant seems (at least my first impressions) to be a viable AIO replacement.

I don`t think there is a `hole` in the market but there is always room for an improved product.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like this CS is very promosing. I have not tried Zaino so far but will likely give CS a try once it comes out. I think part of the turn-off with Zaino (at least for me) is the "hype" that goes along with it. For example, it is interesting how the CS testers call AW a "nice" product. IMHO AW is an excellent product in the sense that it does what it`s supposed to very well and for a very reasonable price. If CS is that much better at doing what it`s supposed to and the price is right, they definately have a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei
    This is good news. But honestly, I never, ever minded using ZFX. The people that complained about it loudest, never actually used Zaino!

:wavey ...but I have used Zaino. It just always seemed pointless to buy a product, plus another product to mix with it for best results when there are grab and go products I consider as durable as Zaino (and I prefer the appearance) that I can use instead.

But I would agree a grab `n go sealant from Zaino is excellent news. :xyxthumbs

Another data point is that I am impressed with Sal`s commitment to continuously improve his products.

I agree. Sal obviously has heard the criticism of needing an accelerator to get the best results and has taken steps to produce a product that eliminates that need.

However, I remember reading scathing reviews of another product that had improved when tweaked for VOC compliance, with many comments along the line "they shouldn`t use their customers as guinea pigs by giving them inferior products and then improving them later". Yet, when Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro came out, no one complained that the previous versions weren`t as good, they just to Sal for improving the formulas.

No problem with that at all, any time a company improves their products they deserve accolades, not criticism for dumping crappy products on unsuspecting consumers. Could be upon initial rollout, the technology just wasn`t there to make a better version. I just think we should be fair to everyone and give them that benefit of the doubt.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sal has not invented a new detailing genre and there are many products that will function like this product. He did create a product that is perfect insertable into his detailing product line.

The point for the creation of an All-In-One product by Zaino was to make available a product of this genre that will work perfectly with Zaino sealants. There has been a cry for such an item that not only fills this void in the Zaino system but also because of the unavailability of pre-VOC AIO. Even though other acrylic based products work as well as the old AIO their base make-up is still different than the Zaino sealant base structure.

Nice to have another option available that will leave no question about optimal Zaino performance.

Another toy to play with.

I have not tested this product because of an hiatus from beta-testing due to vocational responsibilities. I can not comment on Zaino AIO`s performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwin-I look forward to you testing the ZAIO followed by the new sealant.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s very important for all point-of-views in this discussion to keep everything in perspective. This whole industry benefits from the release of new technology, quality products, etc. It pushes every company to make better products and every user to expect better products, but at the same time, being over-zealous and "hyping" products rarely benefits anyone.

This thread has some very valid points and claims, and it also has some invalid points and claims. Each reader, especially those less experienced, should take this into consideration when reading through all of the *opinions* that have been posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sal has not invented a new detailing genre and their are many products that will function like this product.

I don`t think this is correct. If Sal has invented a sealant that does not have to be buffed off then that is the first product of its kind as far as I know, having worked on car detailing since 1983.

Scottwax,

I apologize for not responding sooner. My laptop battery died last night and I realized had left the battery pack at a client`s office.

I think we should wait for the product and test its performance to be fair to Sal. Use it as directions indicate and see what the final result is. Is the remaining sealant optically clear? Does it look good? Does it work as advertised? Is it durable?

It`s hard to say Sal has or has not done something important here until one has a chance to use the product.

Product hype in this highly unregulated business of detailing products is commonplace but Zaino imho is better than most at being realistic. There are in fact several products like Turtle Wax Ice that will last just a few days so I can`t see where Sal has made any unsubstantiated statements.

Again, the final proof will be in whatever performance we observe. Given Zaino`s track record in sealants I`m optimistic.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Edwin-I look forward to you testing the ZAIO followed by the new sealant.

Scott,

I really like The Clear. It seems to have omnipotential in terms of detailing. Works over carnuaba and still maintain the carnuaba-rich appearance witha slight chase of sealant POP.

Pretty interesting stuff. I have not tested the latest version but I will as soon as it becomes available.

The 1 oz beta sample I tested yielded about 15 applications. I have been using it on my vehicles and on customer vehicles that I had time for as a final coat prior to delivery (I normally take 4 evenings to complete a detail).

Hopefully, in a few months I will be able to get back to some serious beta-testing.:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the great Zaino hype machine...... I never buy into the hype & claims of any manufacturer, of any product until I have "hands on" experience with said product.

Well said Rob. With all the hype in this industry I would be cautiously optimistic or neutral until one has used and tested the product themselves.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information