Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking Zaino news...

The only news is they’ve regularly started discounting some of their products.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

About those old school products, many still exist. Look at Collinite 845. That was an industrial wax used on electric isolators. The only change to that product was due to VOC law changes and it still outlasts some of the latest flavor of the month products that cost more.

Somehow I think Sal might have outsmarted everyone. He`s probably sitting on a beach having one of those umbrella drinks while guys are using the latest and greatest product line not even knowing that it`s really a Zaino product being sold under a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The only news is they’ve regularly started discounting some of their products.
    Really?? I just looked and saw they are giving away some things if you place a certain size order, but I think "Daily Driver Protection Package" always was discounted--has there been something else going on? It really doesn`t matter to me, anyway, I (as a New Jersey resident) still can`t order from the Zaino store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Yes, there are still you Zaino-zealots out their who have their products in your detailing collection and STILL use them from time to time, I assume just to use it up or feel "detailing nostalgic" as a reminder of what they were (are?) like.
    I still use their ZAIO under FK1000P. Nothing wrong with it IME...

I am still waiting for some Autopian to tell us about some breaking news about Malm`s Waxes! And unless you`ve read magazines like Popular Mechanics or Popular Science or Motor Trend (remember this printed media before the internet ?) it probably does not ring a bell.
    I used so much Malm`s that I bought gallon jugs of both their polish and their Wax! Considering how you can do a Suburban with less than 1oz. that`s saying something, although OK...we used it at the dealership and my guy was wasteful.

I got JustJesus to try it and he was blown away by the beading/water behavior, but I haven`t heard back from him about it since...forever.

That is one seriously under-rated product IMO...I like it far better than any other liquid wax except for 845, and I only prefer the 845 because it lasts/protects better. Just *posting* about it makes me think how much I loved that stuff...it was all I used on the Jag until I discovered Souveran in the `90s. It and M16 were basically my only LSPs for many years.

But don`t hold your breath regarding Breaking News about Malm`s Heh heh, their "Clean Cars Make Money" booklet, all about "how to Detail"/etc. is so egregiously awful that it`s good for a laugh (or at least it was back in the day). I actually wrote in corrections lest somebody I know read their "how to do everything wrong"-type advice. "Wash only with plain water..." type nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah...the days of mixing ZFX, Z2/Z5 in those little bottles...and layering the everylovin` life outta the car.

Gotta say, at the time I thought it was pretty darn good...2004 thru 2014 I`d guess. Long lasting (as 24 layers of something should be ) but really didn`t protect from much...don`t let that bird bomb sit for too long. I can`t even really remember if it beaded or sheeted but it sure shined like it was wrapped in Saran Wrap.

On the plus side, $129 each Spring for their `Show Car Kit`, maybe a few bottles of shampoo over the Summer and that was about it for car care expenditures.

Was HUGE on the Corvette Forum, people doing so many layers it woulda put Ceramic-Pro to shame (Doh!)

Post Thanks / Like

AIO user her. I`ll use Clear Seal and still have a bottle of Grand Finale.
    Yesterday I tried out my "Finisher" and AIO on the blue hull of my friends boat while standing in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I think Sal might have outsmarted everyone. He`s probably sitting on a beach having one of those umbrella drinks while guys are using the latest and greatest product line not even knowing that it`s really a Zaino product being sold under a different name.
    Or a Duragloss product being sold under a Zaino name lol....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Really?? I just looked and saw they are giving away some things if you place a certain size order, but I think "Daily Driver Protection Package" always was discounted--has there been something else going on? It really doesn`t matter to me, anyway, I (as a New Jersey resident) still can`t order from the Zaino store.
    The sales come and go, they has 20% off leather care stuff, and 15% off everything for a short while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I can`t even really remember if it beaded or sheeted
    OMG, Zaino beaded like nothing else, IME. I was always very miffed that I couldn`t get any of the DG products to bead as well, even with the 601. Maybe the ZFX was the beading secret.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, wannafbody liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Or a Duragloss product being sold under a Zaino name lol....
    I`ve used some products from both lines and don`t see the similarity between them. Granted I haven`t compared each product against each other. If you are correct, it may be a similar situation to the gas and oil industry where many manufacturers share base chemicals but the add packs are different. I`ve been at a large name brand fuel terminal and watched as the name brand truck, independent trucks and competitor name brand trucks filled at the same pump. I was told that the additive pack was different based on where the delivery was going to be dumped. I`ve read that Amsoil and Mobil 1 both use some of the same base stocks but everyone knows that Amsoil is better than Mobil 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me...I have been using Zaino products since they were released. I have been in this "game" for over 23 years and have tried DG products right next to Zaino. The similarities are shocking. Then again we could argue S100 and P21S are different right? lol
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes GearHead_1, David Fermani liked this post
    Thanks David Fermani thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Trust me...I have been using Zaino products since they were released. I have been in this "game" for over 23 years and have tried DG products right next to Zaino. The similarities are shocking. Then again we could argue S100 and P21S are different right? lol
    I thought to my self, don`t even go there! All this old, ancient detailing "discussions" about whose products are like each other or who makes what for whom.
    (Adams products being re-labeled Chemical Guy`s products, which they are NOT or Chemical Guys products being made by Warner Chemicals.) Yes, I am too lazy to find and post links to these past flaming (remember that term??) thread discussions. Made for some "interesting" reading AND some "insight" on the car-care manufacturing world!

BUT, with the COVID-19 pandemic, all I see on cable TV are "classic" football, basketball, hockey, & baseball games or TV series re-runs, so why not resurrect old threads about who makes what care-care products for whom.

Come to think about it, how much do you hear (read) about Dura-Gloss products anymore??
    Or Liquid Glass (which I think was still being sold at at AutoZone for $30.00 for a 16 ounce can!)
    Rejex?
    Klasse All-In-One and Sealant "twins"? (I use AIO; great product for motor compartment paint and door/trunk/hatch jams, and clear-coated wheel-rim paint)
    Clay Magic?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

BUT, with the COVID-19 pandemic, all I see on cable TV are "classic" football, basketball, hockey, & baseball games or TV series re-runs, so why not resurrect old threads about who makes what care-care products for whom.

Come to think about it, how much do you hear (read) about Dura-Gloss products anymore??
    Or Liquid Glass (which I think was still being sold at at AutoZone for $30.00 for a 16 ounce can!)
    Rejex?
    Klasse All-In-One and Sealant "twins"? (I use AIO; great product for motor compartment paint and door/trunk/hatch jams, and clear-coated wheel-rim paint)
    Clay Magic?
    Probably should be in a new thread: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought to my self, don`t even go there! All this old, ancient detailing "discussions" about whose products are like each other or who makes what for whom.
    (Adams products being re-labeled Chemical Guy`s products, which they are NOT or Chemical Guys products being made by Warner Chemicals.) Yes, I am too lazy to find and post links to these past flaming (remember that term??) thread discussions. Made for some "interesting" reading AND some "insight" on the car-care manufacturing world!

Rejex?
    Clay Magic?
    i,still use the klasse twins. I buy my cars brand new, wash “properly” and twice a year they get a “twin” treatment, and I use beadmaker as a drying aid. I’m quite happy.

Sure there’s a few swirls, and whatnot but only in sunlight when looking real close, but other wise, shiny paint, black tires, clean windows. Life is good. All my cars are daily drivers.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839

Thread Information