Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    CS is a stand alone product with great durability. CS does not use or need ZFX. Apply allow to dry and you are good for months.

ZFX is needed "if" you are not using Z1, CS or ZAIO for the initial application or you desire to apply multiple coats in "1" session.

ZFX is not rquired to get excellent, not just good, durability out of Z2 or Z5 PRO. These sealants were known and proven their toughness looooong before ZFX was introduced.

Hope this clears up your confusion. :wavey

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you need to allow ZAIO to cure before topping with either Z2pro or CS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    do you need to allow ZAIO to cure before topping with either Z2pro or CS?

No. Nor do you need Z1 of ZFX to appliy a single layer of Z2/Z5PRO over ZAIO. CS can also be applied immediately after ZAIO.:bounce

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    No. Nor do you need Z1 of ZFX to appliy a single layer of Z2/Z5PRO over ZAIO. CS can also be applied immediately after ZAIO.:bounce

Wow- that is cool. I just assumed that ZAIO needed to fully cure before topping for best results.

Post Thanks / Like

Initial testing with Z5/Zymol/CS extremely promising so far. No incompatiblity noted.

What characteristics are you looking for when noting incompatibility issues?

I have never mixed the Zaino line of products with any other product because I was informed of these incompatibility issue`s from the get go. consequently if my veicle has Zaino products on it nothing ever goes on top of it.

With the introduction of CS, I am sure that other products will be used on my vehicles then topped with CS. That is why I am asking.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would assume that BLKZ28 is looking to see if CS washes off a carnauba. Has anyone tested CS over a VM or RMG or a synthetic glaze?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    What characteristics are you looking for when noting incompatibility issues?

I have never mixed the Zaino line of products with any other product because I was informed of these incompatibility issue`s from the get go. consequently if my veicle has Zaino products on it nothing ever goes on top of it.

With the introduction of CS, I am sure that other products will be used on my vehicles then topped with CS. That is why I am asking.

What I look for when incompatibility testing is visual clues like streaking, hazying when exposed to sunlight (products separating due to poor bonding and cross-linking), cloudy appearance immediately after application and buffing, inability to buff off completely, any change from normal application/buffing ease, prolonging drying/hazying or incomplete drying/hazying and short term durability of the initial appearance.

So far CS has appears very welcoming at both being a base and a topper? The Z5/Zymol/CS did excellent (no hazying) yesterday under a 70 winter angled Sun.

Where`s winter???:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    I found winter!

www.king5.com Video Player

Post Thanks / Like
    @blkZ28Conv:

Curious which Zymol Glaze did you use under CS?

How long did you wait on Zymol prior to applying CS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsc
    @blkZ28Conv:

Curious which Zymol Glaze did you use under CS?

How long did you wait on Zymol prior to applying CS?

I had some carbon sitting in the refrigerator.

I allowed the Zymol to dry/cure after buffing for a little over 24 hrs. I applied the CS directly on top. No Z6 was used between coats and vehicle was garage during entire test at 65-70*.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had some carbon sitting in the refrigerator.

I allowed the Zymol to dry/cure after buffing for a little over 24 hrs. I applied the CS directly on top. No Z6 was used between coats and vehicle was garage during entire test at 65-70*.

has it been washed since application?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    has it been washed since application?

Not yet.:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    What I look for when incompatibility testing is visual clues like streaking, hazying when exposed to sunlight (products separating due to poor bonding and cross-linking), cloudy appearance immediately after application and buffing, inability to buff off completely, any change from normal application/buffing ease, prolonging drying/hazying or incomplete drying/hazying and short term durability of the initial appearance.

So far CS has appears very welcoming at both being a base and a topper? The Z5/Zymol/CS did excellent (no hazying) yesterday under a 70 winter angled Sun.

Where`s winter???:clap:

Thank you for the information, Edwin!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Agree.

If folks follow the directions on Z-AIO and CS, they will be happy campers. Ive used them both for several months and I`m very impressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh im really eager to see how CS will go layerd over a high quality carnauba

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information