Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    1 bottle of zfx contains ~ 140 drops, which covers you for several bottles of Z5 or Z2. zfx allows Z2/Z5 to cure quickly, and improves bonding, which adds to durability if you want to get `max life` out of the product. I`ve used Z2/Z5 plenty of times without zfx and it still has durability on par with any other sealer that I`ve ever used.

Except that ZFX has a shelf life of 18 months if stored properly. With 6 months of durability for ZFX-enhanced Z2 or Z5, you might use 25-30 drops total before it needs to be replaced. If it`s for personal use, odds are that the catalyst will need replacing long before the first bottle of polish is used up.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    Except that ZFX has a shelf life of 18 months if stored properly. With 6 months of durability for ZFX-enhanced Z2 or Z5, you might use 25-30 drops total before it needs to be replaced. If it`s for personal use, odds are that the catalyst will need replacing long before the first bottle of polish is used up.

Here`s the shelf life chart from the zaino site:

Z-PC 3+ years

Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-6 5+ years

Z-7 5+ years

Z-8 5+ years

Z-9 5+ years

Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 24 months.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think the issue with ZFX for most is not about mixing it in a bottle for 30 seconds, but rather having to buy another $20 product.

Big Deal. One bottle lasts an incredibly long time. You only need 4-6 drops per set applications (I get 2-3 layers per one ounce).

Not sure why that seems so hard to understand

The problem here Scott is that you issue these criticisms against Zaino but you have almost no in-depth experience with the product.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I just didn`t like using the applicator bottles and having to clean those out all the time

Who does this? I buy $0.79 bottles from the Container Store and then throw them away. ZFX comes with 4 bottles.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to split hairs or anything, but even at 24 months (and 6 months durability) you`d only use a fraction of the 140 drops (maybe 50 or so) before it expires.

The main point just being that it`s unlikely a person will be able to use the same vial of ZFX through multiple bottles of Z2/Z5 (especially considering how little polish is needed in the first place). I think it`s reasonable to think that this would more or less be a repurchase with each bottle of polish.

(At the time I purchased ZFX a couple years ago, the shelf-life was 18 months. I understand it`s been re-formulated so that it lasts longer.)
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    This has probably been asked already, but does anyone have an idea of how much CS and Z-AIO will cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Who does this? I buy $0.79 bottles from the Container Store and then throw them away. ZFX comes with 4 bottles.

The problem here Scott is that you issue these criticisms against Zaino but you have almost no in-depth experience with the product.

What happened to the product truce? What happened to people being allowed to have their own preferences and opinions? I HAVE and DO use Zaino, and the Z2Pro is very difficult to rinse out of the bottle (I will try the straight IPA, thx MGM). The only vehicle I use Zaino on is a relative`s car that I don`t have time to work on very often, so my ZFX will definitely go bad before I use it up. Sure you can throw away the bottles buy them from Container Store--but that`s one more thing to remember/have on hand when you go to use the product, not to mention my worry on the infrequent occasion I go to use my Z that my ZFX will be dried up, and I can`t get a replacement without a 4 hour round trip or waiting for mail order.

How about this one? Someone backed into the car I use Zaino on, and I polished a small area on the bumper, which I then wanted to re-protect. So do I mix up a 16th of an ounce and try to put a quarter drop of ZFX in it? No, I just put unaccelerated Z2Pro on it.

Zaino is without peer out of the products I have used, however, I think the whole ZFX thing is a pain in the neck. Is it enough of a pain for me to throw away my Zaino? No.

Now, since I have "in-depth" experience with the product, am I allowed to have this opinion? Or do you want to browbeat me like you do Scottwax? Why is his opinion "a problem"? Why can`t he not want to deal with it? That`s his prerogative. Let him eat a different flavor of ice cream than you do, it`s all good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Big Deal. One bottle lasts an incredibly long time. You only need 4-6 drops per set applications (I get 2-3 layers per one ounce).

I don`t think that`s it at all. AFAIK, you`re doing detailing for you and some friends, right? Scott is detailing en masse, and having to use a new mixing bottle, as well as physically mix the products every detail *does* take time, costs money, and takes up space.

I use Z5pro a lot, I take the time to mix it in a new bottle every time, and I buy the bottles 4x a piece for $1.29 at the grocery store. Is it a big deal? No. Does it consume time and money? Yes. Not only that but as good as you get you always waste some product in the little bottles so over time it costs more. That and you can only buy Zaino in 16oz bottles... well, you get my point; in high volume it`s rather expensive and then you add into it the waste, the bottles, the zfx... I don`t worry about it because I build it into the price, but you can see my point I think?

So yes, if Sal can do away with ZFX that will be a very good thing, imo. I like Z5pro a lot, but I dislike ZFX in general.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tested Z2pro without ZFX and it`s still pretty durable. I got 4 months out of it. For those who don`t want to mess with ZFX the new ZAIO should solve that issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    What happened to the product truce? What happened to people being allowed to have their own preferences and opinions?

Zaino is without peer out of the products I have used

We agree......Truce.....:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the product truce? What happened to people being allowed to have their own preferences and opinions?...........

.............Let him eat a different flavor of ice cream than you do, it`s all good.
    :werd: I kind of wondered the same thing. Some of you act like you take it personally just because Scottwax doesn`t like the ZFX system. It`s OK, Sal will continue selling his product even if Scott doesn`t use it.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    :werd: I kind of wondered the same thing. Some of you act like you take it personally just because Scottwax doesn`t like the ZFX system. It`s OK, Sal will continue selling his product even if Scott doesn`t use it.

Good point.

Personally, I could care less if someone likes to use product `x` or `y`, etc...

Use what you like.

-BUT-

Don`t chime in when you haven`t tried a product. Some folks post to trash a `Brand`.

That really irritates me, and it doesn`t offer much to the board.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is getting ridiculous. So if I never tried SG, and I chimed into an SG thread saying "I don`t think I want to try this stuff because so many people have difficulty removing it" and you all tried to tell me I should try it, and I said "I don`t want to, it sounds like too much trouble, I have other LSP`s that I have no trouble buffing off", then I`m trashing a brand? I don`t recall Scottwax trashing Zaino, just saying that there are other products he prefers to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    ........-BUT-

Don`t chime in when you haven`t tried a product. Some folks post to trash a `Brand`.

That really irritates me, and it doesn`t offer much to the board.
    Equally good, if not a better point.

I like the looks and durability that Z5 offers, but for some reason it sure stirs up a hornets nest when folks start talking about it.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    This is getting ridiculous. So if I never tried SG, and I chimed into an SG thread saying "I don`t think I want to try this stuff because so many people have difficulty removing it" and you all tried to tell me I should try it, and I said "I don`t want to, it sounds like too much trouble, I have other LSP`s that I have no trouble buffing off", then I`m trashing a brand? I don`t recall Scottwax trashing Zaino, just saying that there are other products he prefers to use.

I agree.

-BUT-

That kind of response could have been done in one post on this thread, right?

How many times has `xxxxx-xxx` replied?

LOL. PLEASE...... This isn`t getting ridiculous, it`s getting twisted, and it`s pretty funny.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information