Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of CS, specifically the part of not having to use ZFX. I agree with Scott in that it`s not really the time issue that is the problem with mixing ZFX. Besides having to buy another product, the problem for me is having to keep track of three bottles instead of just one with a regular sealant. Then there`s the part about mixing the right amount, there has to be enough to cover the car, but not so much that I`d have to throw any unused product away. Afterwards I`d need to clean the mixing bottle, another hassle. Plus I`d also worry about the bottle of ZFX drying up before being used. Maybe I`m just not enough of an enthusiast do overlook these things

The thing about CS that makes me think it is still mostly intended for enthusiasts is the new applicator thing. It would not be that easy to keep track of in a shop/production environment. But I would think that there must be a way to wash an applicator so there isn`t any residue left? I mean isn`t towels and the like washed at the factory to remove any residue from production? Since most seem to have used CS with a terry cloth applicator, won`t this be a pontential cause for micro marring on softer paints?

This is not meant to detract from a great new idea :up only considerations on practical use

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this thread is still going . As I said before there are people who love Zaino and people that will find any excuse not to use or to comlain about it. The mixing of the ZFX was never a problem for me,and when you use it enogh you know just how much to mix.

The ZFX is what gives the Z5/2 pro its unsurpassed durability. I have bought and used a lot of products this past year ans 1/2. Nothing compares to zaino`s durability and crystal clear appearance for me. I know looks are subjective since some people like Carnuba and some sealants and some a combo of both. But when we get done to complaing about and applicator ,thats crazy. The CS the way it looks from the pictures is huge. I bet a lot of companies will try to copy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zet
    Since most seem to have used CS with a terry cloth applicator, won`t this be a potential cause for micro marring on softer paints?

This is not meant to detract from a great new idea :up only considerations on practical use

I don`t think so unless the cotton applicator is old or has harden previously used invisible residual products embedded in it. I have experienced no ill-effects on 92 ZR1 I did recently which has a more managable (softer) clearcoat.

A clean new cotton terry applicator is extremely soft and the fact that CS glides on with near zero resistance, application pressure of the surface is extremely light.

I can not express how effortless CS application is. :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    Are you NUTS! Did you CS your igloo?

Damn. Don`t jink us! We`re having amazing weather in the NE this year (LOL).

LOL, I like to test the extremes!

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys, but I have been reading this and I just have to get this off my chest!

:LOLOL

I just think it`s funny that people actually complain on mixing zfx and how hard they think it could be (cause they never mixed something so simple), but the people that mix it say it is so easy (cause it really is so easy).

Now, Zaino has come out with a new cs formula (wipe on/ walk away) and they complain about buying a new .99 cent applicator. You guys should be happy that zaino is saving us 20 minutes and not having to wipe this stuff off. Wiping any product on is easy, it`s wiping some stuff off that is sometimes a bi$?H! Zaino has just saved us from that part, and now you guys are still complaing. Geesh!!!!! Do you guys pump your own gas?:sosad

It`s sort of like people that Drive hondas, Toyota`s or VW`s and always bag on BMW`s and complain on how expensive they are. But they try to modify there car to look like one and in the end result they have more money in there car than a bmw would cost.

Like I said before, I like most people hate detailing and it is a lot of work, especially if you do it full time professionally! It`s not as fun as your own personal pride and joy car. But, now that I have been using zpc, z-5 pro, z-2 pro, and a couple drops of zfx (whole 60 seconds out of my life, and now I must cry to mommy):LOLOL , my life in detaing cars has been 60-70 times easier. It leaves a clean, crisp, swirl free, deep thick shine with no residue at all, very easy to put on and take off. I can now do a car in half the time and have an unbelievable shine that lasts and lasts. I use to do 2 cars a day and now I am able to do 3 or 4 now! Now it`s going to get even easier with z-aio and cs. Sal is my HERO :hifive:

I do have a problem though. Now a lot of people think that I am painting my used cars cause they are so shiny and lustureous! I don`t know if that even is a real word, but that describes zaino shine,"Lusturous"!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    and wiping a product off can cause micromarring because the product is now dry and MF towels have considerable bite

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    But, now that I have been using zpc, z-5 pro, z-2 pro, and a couple drops of zfx (whole 60 seconds out of my life, and now I must cry to mommy):LOLOL , my life in detaing cars has been 60-70 times easier. It leaves a clean, crisp, swirl free, deep thick shine with no residue at all, very easy to put on and take off. I can now do a car in half the time and have an unbelievable shine that lasts and lasts. I use to do 2 cars a day and now I am able to do 3 or 4 now!

How do you save that much time removing swirls?

What were you using before?

Post Thanks / Like
    How to get these beta samples??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    How do you save that much time removing swirls?

What were you using before?

I was using op and menz.106ff. Menzerna is my favorite finish polish, but it dusts sometimes and you have to do a ipa wipedown after. Zpc works very quick with almost no dust and does not need an ipa wipedown. It removes light scratches very easy and brings your paint to a high gloss fast. Now this is coming from a guy who loves 106ff. It a very close call between the 2. I just wish they sold bigger bottles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the point was that it`s the polishing that is the time consuming part, not applying/taking off lsp`s, whether they be sealants or waxes. I know for me that polishing is by far and away the longest step in the whole process.

I also think the issue with ZFX for most is not about mixing it in a bottle for 30 seconds, but rather having to buy another $20 product. Personally, I just didn`t like using the applicator bottles and having to clean those out all the time. They`re not easy to clean thoroughly (and they must be cleaned thoroughly to be re-used) or for using small quantities of Z2. Syringes were mentioned as a solution to this in another thread, which I may use if I ever try Z5-Pro. But again, if other products work for someone and they like it as much or better than Z2 or Z5, then why would they bother dealing with the above?

Not bashing Zaino or anything (I`ll probably try CS and ZAIO when they`re available), but most of the complaints about ZFX are not about shaking it in a bottle for 1/2 minute.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    I think the point was that it`s the polishing that is the time consuming part, not applying/taking off lsp`s, whether they be sealants or waxes. I know for me that polishing is by far and away the longest step in the whole process.

I also think the issue with ZFX for most is not about mixing it in a bottle for 30 seconds, but rather having to buy another $20 product. Personally, I just didn`t like using the applicator bottles and having to clean those out all the time. They`re not easy to clean thoroughly (and they must be cleaned thoroughly to be re-used) or for using small quantities of Z2. Syringes were mentioned as a solution to this in another thread, which I may use if I ever try Z5-Pro. But again, if other products work for someone and they like it as much or better than Z2 or Z5, then why would they bother dealing with the above?

Not bashing Zaino or anything (I`ll probably try CS and ZAIO when it`s available), but most of the complaints about ZFX are not about shaking it in a bottle for 1/2 minute.

:werd: Not sure why that seems so hard to understand.

I also agree that ZAIO and CS seem to be products I want to at least try to see how they`d compare to what I am using now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Pennypacker`]

I also think the issue with ZFX for most is not about mixing it in a bottle for 30 seconds, but rather having to buy another $20 product. Personally, I just didn`t like using the applicator bottles and having to clean those out all the time. They`re not easy to clean thoroughly (and they must be cleaned thoroughly to be re-used) or for using small quantities of Z2.

1 bottle of zfx contains ~ 140 drops, which covers you for several bottles of Z5 or Z2. zfx allows Z2/Z5 to cure quickly, and improves bonding, which adds to durability if you want to get `max life` out of the product. I`ve used Z2/Z5 plenty of times without zfx and it still has durability on par with any other sealer that I`ve ever used.

I clean out the 2 oz bottles with pure ISO and they clean up fine and can be re-used many, many times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this has been asked a lot. But I am about to make a purchase and its either JW, or Zaino. I am leaning towards Zaino only because this new stuff may take some time to be available for purchase. Any rough estimates as to when it will be available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW335i
    I know this has been asked a lot. But I am about to make a purchase and its either JW, or Zaino. I am leaning towards Zaino only because this new stuff may take some time to be available for purchase. Any rough estimates as to when it will be available?

I would suggest trying the top 2-3 products that you`ve researched on the boards, and see which one works best for you.

Personally, I believe Zaino is the superior product in many ways, but don`t want to `jam it down your throat` -so to speak.

p.s. How do you like your 335i? It`s a VERY sharp car, and the mag`s have compared it to the previous M3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    I would suggest trying the top 2-3 products that you`ve researched on the boards, and see which one works best for you.

Personally, I believe Zaino is the superior product in many ways, but don`t want to `jam it down your throat` -so to speak.

p.s. How do you like your 335i? It`s a VERY sharp car, and the mag`s have compared it to the previous M3.

You think Zaino is superior to JW?

The car is one fine machine. Mounds of torque and the car is just dead sexy. It gives the previous M3 a real run for its money, and is probably 1/10th sec slower, so basically identical.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information