Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    I have CS over PS on my hood, CS over Z-AIO on the vertical panels, and the roof is still `virgin` CS. If the weather holds true I`ll take a few shots to post up.

Very good idea, I`m looking forward to seeing those shots....

Excellent product information for all of us, thanks mgm.........:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1
    Very good idea, I`m looking forward to seeing those shots....

Excellent product information for all of us, thanks mgm.........:xyxthumbs

Thank You Dave1.

What do you expect to see from `those shots`?

A beading pattern different from product `x`, or something else? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to chime in where others have, I also use the cotton pad, and the NEW part is a must or a slight haze appears. I have also tried foam and had success. I store the applicator, after use, in a plastic bag.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Dave1.

What do you expect to see from `those shots`?

A beading pattern different from product `x`, or something else? Just curious.
    Exactly.....that and some more of your very informative comments....

I can`t feel it but, you could tell us how the surfaces may vary when wet or dry. Since you`ve done several black cars I`d be curious to find out what your personal preference in steps and products are that gave you the most desirable look in your eyes......

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to see how well it looks. Will it be as close to a deeper wetter look?

Beading doesn`t really interest me, but the full look is what I`m trying to obtain.

Z5-Pro/Z2-Pro with Z8 is getting closer to deeper wetter look, very very close. Not quite a full carnuba look to it. It does have that nice reflective look without looking like the much older Zaino or Rejex which have the plastic wrap look. Thank God that`s gone!

The best test will be on a black finish.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    MattPersman:

I don`t use a `new` applicator each time.

I`ve been getting 5+ uses per applicator on the paint, and 3-4 on the wheels, per each side of the applicator. I store them each in separate zip lock bags for re-use, and haven`t found myself spending a lot of $ on applicator pads . I hope this helps, or at least adds some clarity.

One other thing to add, on an above post from me regarding QD & ISO wipes..

I use ISO to wipe the paint after *polishing*. If you ISO wipe over a LSP, you risk removing the product. In all other cases, I QD (prefer Z6, but others work also), before applying CS.

thank you mgm. real information instead of saying you don`t need to buy it because you are probably not going to conform to the directions. personally I would see it as rediculous to use a new pad each time, but that,s just me, unless they were throwing in a 10 pack when you bought the CS and making the product a few bucks more expensive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Does CS work best by spritzing it directly on the paint or by spraying it on the applicator?

I mist the applicator but either method will work in a calm environment. If you detail outside and if there is a breeze, it would be best to mist the applicator.

Maybe this is why I get soo many coats/oz?:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman
    thank you mgm. real information instead of saying you don`t need to buy it because you are probably not going to conform to the directions. personally I would see it as rediculous to use a new pad each time, but that,s just me, unless they were throwing in a 10 pack when you bought the CS and making the product a few bucks more expensive

Sorry for being tooo direct but it is important to use a new pad or unused portion of a previously used pad. From my testing it was difficult to distinquished which portion of the pad was previously used. My fear of re-using a used pad that may have dried CS that is not noticable tactically may create micro-marring. I`m anal like that when it comes my my finishes.

I am sure along the way we will discover a way to cleanse these pads to a point where performance will not require such analness or requirement of a new pad.

Remember this is a very durable LSP sealant and frequent application is not required and a Z8 session will bring back all the desired bling with each wash. 2-3 pads a year is not very much to request for maximal performance.:sadwavey:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    I`d like to see how well it looks. Will it be as close to a deeper wetter look?

Beading doesn`t really interest me, but the full look is what I`m trying to obtain.

Z5-Pro/Z2-Pro with Z8 is getting closer to deeper wetter look, very very close. Not quite a full carnauba look to it. It does have that nice reflective look without looking like the much older Zaino or Rejex which have the plastic wrap look. Thank God that`s gone!

The best test will be on a black finish.

Regards,

Deanski
    \

Deano -Here are the pics that I posted up on another board:

The silver Dodge is wearing Z2Pro & CS

My wife`s black Tahoe is dressed in Z5Pro & CS

My 70 year old Mother-In-Laws Vette (LOL) has CS directly over ZPC Fusion Polish.

2005 Dodge Full Size PU:

2003 Z71 Tahoe:

1986 Corvette

TigerMike -Have a look on the other DC board if you want to see a few beading shots. There is a BMW posted up. I washed the Tahoe this evening before this weekends rain, so I`m not pulling out that mammoth beast for a few shots, just to wash it again. Hope you understand

Post Thanks / Like
    that dodge is wet!

Post Thanks / Like

The silver Dodge is wearing Z2Pro & CS

My wife`s black Tahoe is dressed in Z5Pro & CS

My 70 year old Mother-In-Laws Vette (LOL) has CS directly over ZPC Fusion Polish.

All three look excellent.......:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to chime in my experience for the day. It was 32 in my garage, and despite my z6 partially freezing when it hit the panel, CS dried in 30 minutes. It does take a bit longer in cold temps, but it does still work.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    I just wanted to chime in my experience for the day. It was 32 in my garage, and despite my z6 partially freezing when it hit the panel, CS dried in 30 minutes. It does take a bit longer in cold temps, but it does still work.

Greg

Are you NUTS! Did you CS your igloo?

Damn. Don`t jink us! We`re having amazing weather in the NE this year (LOL).

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!!! Those pics are insane! I can`t wait to get the cs. I am a menzerna 106ff guy, but I have been using the zpc lately and I love it more than 106ff. It gives such an amazing glow. I can imagine with just putting cs over that and then walking away. Detailing my used cars will be so fast end easy! My car lot is glowing so far. I am having a problem washing them though. Too cold out

Zaino has changed my life. It made it much easier with outstanding results and now it looks it`s going to get much easier. Can`t wait for the cs to be sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    back in 1999 Zaino changed my life and the life as well. thats when I first tried it. got tired of ordering it and changed to Duragloss 111 at that point. then I found this place and am getting back into trying different things. I think the ZPC, ZAIO, CS, and pros are on my list for spring or summer whenever AIO comes out

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information