Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get it.i know i dont know the whole story but isnt that what these forums are for,to express your OPINIONS about diffrent products?some will like,some will not(like me and rinseless washes)but i wouldnt think anyone would get banned for saying they think a product sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Not bad! not bad at all. I`m sure in time things will improve even more like Z5-Pro and Z2-Pro and of course Z8.

Wonder how the Optimum is coming along as well. I haven`t used the polish, but from others using it, seems damn universal polish. So the sealant should be interesting to see as well.

And for those that supported me in the DC snafu..... THANK YOU!!:thx

Deanski

I emailed Dave at Optimum and he said they`re working on a whipe on walk away sealant that is "extremely durable."

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a crock of crap. Fuzz is accusing me of being in a conspiracy and bans me. He won`t even allow me to defend myself and set the record straight. Clearly DC is run by the wax nazis. I wouldn`t be surprised if both Zaino threads don`t get permantly removed. They really looked stupid when the facts came out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    What a crock of crap. Fuzz is accusing me of being in a conspiracy and bans me. He won`t even allow me to defend myself and set the record straight. Clearly DC is run by the wax nazis.

Let them be. If they feel they need to make outrageous statements towards curtain individuals, then let them. The majority knows the real truth, and does not believe a word they say..

Greg
    :usa

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Let them be. If they feel they need to make outrageous statements towards curtain individuals, then let them. The majority knows the real truth, and does not believe a word they say..

Greg

Yep, the credibility of Autogeek and the other sponsors goes right down the drain when moderators and admin pull that kind of crap.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    You are kidding, right? I can think of 3 forums that would have closed and deleted this thread a long time ago.

All I`m saying is don`t kid yourself into thinking that any of these forums are 100% "open." Clearly there is censorship that goes on at all the forums. Just because this thread hasn`t been closed doesn`t mean we`re 100% free to talk about what we want and the recent incident I point out is a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3a
    I like the view thru the wool.

I like it here too. Otherwise, I wouldn`t be here. However, there are certain members who spread the impression to other memebers that we can talk about whatever we want here whenever we want. This is simply not the case. There are just as many agendas here as anywhere else. Perhaps even more because this is such a big forum. So, I take opinions with a grain of salt and enjoy reading them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    I have to admit I`m surprised there is so much excitement about these two products. One is an AIO which there are many of on the market already (Poorboy`s, Optimum, Klasse, etc.). The other is a sealant you don`t have to wipe off. TBH, I think that`s an impressive advance in function but not exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread. It`s never really taken me that long to remove haze and it`s never included that much effort that I would be gung-ho to stop doing it. Personally, I like it when my LSP hazes and then I have to remove it. It`s kind of like the curtain coming up for the big show.

Also, to those who would like to claim that certain forums are more "open" than others, I would like to remind everyone of a recent occurence where a certain member who along with his posts magically disappeared for a while. Then when it was convenient he reappeared. I`m not bashing one forum or supporting another. I just think people who think one forum is more open than another have had the wool pulled over their eyes.

I also really don`t understand why some people seem to go out of their way to bash whole categories of products in an effort to make their favorites seem superior. Personally, I feel like there is enough room in the detailing world for sealants and carnaubas. They both have their own distinct look IME and most people seem to prefer one over the other. There`s no reason why we constantly have to be arguing that one is better than the other. It`s like saying lobster is a better dinner than steak. They`re both great but in their own way.

Very, Very Well Said!

I agree 100%

Thanks

RET

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried zaino yet but how much better will you get with it than this?

This truck was very dirty. I washed, clayed, washed and finished it up with Auto Magic Awesome Gloss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc

Also, to those who would like to claim that certain forums are more "open" than others, I would like to remind everyone of a recent occurence where a certain member who along with his posts magically disappeared for a while. Then when it was convenient he reappeared. I`m not bashing one forum or supporting another. I just think people who think one forum is more open than another have had the wool pulled over their eyes.
    I believe everyone knows you are talking about Justin........a good guy with informative posts. But because of the openess of this forum (IMO) he felt it ok to post direct links to sales of a non-supporting competitor (who by the way asked that you not discuss products they dont carry on their forum..a problem with that is my company spent around 2K with them before this "request" and 0 after) Lots of posts here talk about competitors products and are not censored. I believe it is the direct link that is not allowed.

Glad to see Justin back by the way!
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if this comes across as stepping on toes....but over a year ago...well over a year ago, I began formulating a "self-curing" sealant with David @ Optimum (my ideas, his formulations).

I wanted a sealant that you just wiped on and then walked away. So David put together various formulations but all lacked something but excelled in other areas.

I am expecting to get flamed here, perhaps even black balled....but is it just coincidence that you now see more spray waxes, longer working - "dustless" polishes that claim to be "pad dependant" and now I also expect to see a rash of "one step" products.... or is it just me?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    *Never* tilt your hand in business or..........
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Sorry if this comes across as stepping on toes....but over a year ago...well over a year ago, I began formulating a "self-curing" sealant with David @ Optimum (my ideas, his formulations).

I wanted a sealant that you just wiped on and then walked away. So David put together various formulations but all lacked something but excelled in other areas.

I am expecting to get flamed here, perhaps even black balled....but is it just coincidence that you now see more spray waxes, longer working - "dustless" polishes that claim to be "pad dependant" and now I also expect to see a rash of "one step" products.... or is it just me?

Anthony

Sal has been working on this product (CS) for many years, but there wasn`t any need to say anything about it until it was ready to release, or very close to release. As you found out, it`s not an easy product to formulate, test, etc. in a year`s time.

I think Optimum`s polishes are pretty unique in their function and breadth of use.

As far as one-step products, they`ve been out for ages. No new concept there...just ever-increasing technology to make them better, and more companies are fitting them into their lines.

I think it`s great that companies like Optimum have people like David who are forging ahead and forcing this whole industry to step up with great products (and a variety of them).

Keep up the good work, Anthony and David.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I am expecting to get flamed here, perhaps even black balled....but is it just coincidence that you now see more spray waxes, longer working - "dustless" polishes that claim to be "pad dependant" and now I also expect to see a rash of "one step" products.... or is it just me?"

What`s your point? One step products have been around forever, same as with spray waxes. Many polishes that have been around for years will work differently with the different pad aggressiveness. Some dust, some don`t.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you assume Sal has been working on his products for any less time than David at Optimum?

I think the great thing about detailing is that cool new products come out all the time. Clearly though a non-removal, curing in real short time, sealant like CS is something entirely new.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

Anthony

I`m trying to understand the point of your post. Are you upset that someone had the same idea as you, or paranoid and thinking that Sal Zaino spies on you in your garage? :p

I`ve had a lot of ideas that were brought to fruition by others because I failed to act on them. I`m sure this is no exception. Detailing isn`t rocket science, and there`s a finite amount of improvements that can be made to products, IMO. I bet there are very few original ideas in detailing.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information