Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m starting my first business doing mobile detailing. How are you guys with mobile detailing businesses reclaiming your water? I don`t want to go water-less because it doesn`t work very well on caked up cars. Please share any tips/ advice. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

mobile washing???` need a wash mat and a wet/dry vac...then dump into a holding tank and call the corresponding agency to come collect the water.` Well, this is the correct way to do it anyway...Its funny...I see guys all the time being "ECO-friendly" and then dumping down the toilet in shops, or down the drains inside shops....its still going to the same place as street drains, thats not reclaiming the water, its re-directing so the city cant see you outside washing cars and having water all over the ground!

`

At the same time, driving your car produces more pollutants that land on the ground than washing a dirty car (where do you think that dirt came from in the first place) so I really cant see what the big deal is...especially when a lot of the soaps are bio-degradeable!!!

Post Thanks / Like

During a training course I attended the trainer was stressing the importance of using a wash mat. I asked him what do we do with water that is reclaimed from the mat. His answer was to suck it up in a wet/dry van and dump the water into the landscaping. He informed me this was legal to do.

`

The training was in CA.

`

Don`t know if that is 100% legal. My suggestion is you contact the officials of the city or cities you plan on doing business in.

Thread Information