Post Thanks / Like
    Any input to fight getting streaks on jet black cars with ONR in hot weather conditions?

I`m drying the panel before the ONR solution dries on the paint with two of heavy (I wanna say 530 gram microfibers). Two towels, one to do a wet wipe, then another to do the final dry wipe, but still getting streaks on some black cars

I have one really fluffy (I wanna guess 600 gram) microfiber towel that my helper says worked much better, but am having trouble finding a place to order these really fluffy microfibers in a large towel size (25" x 36" would be nice). I`ve been measuring out the ONR solution/water ratio as best I can and still getting streaks. Also, using Reverse Osmosis water :-/

Any additional input? At this point, it seems like the drying media is making the biggest difference for streaks vs. no streaks.

I need to get a system down that works 100% of the time, perfectly, because I`m gearing up to really try and push the ONR Eco-Washes on my weekly wash route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried dealing with the streaks using a QD? The only way to really lessen the chance for streaks is to reduce the concentration of ONR, not something you really want to do....

Post Thanks / Like
    Assume you are not doing this in direct sunlight?

Considered using ONR+wax? Should finish down better
    Portland Metro Area

Authorized Optimum Pro Coating Installer

www.firstcityautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing in direct sunlight. Kinda have to with a lot of these mobile washes. I`ve tried both V3 and the Wash & Wax to the same effect. I almost want to say that V3 is less streaky than Wash and Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way you can get a folding canopy to set up for these washes? I use a 10x10 that I can set up and take down pretty easily by myself for some shade. Only cost $60 at one of those job lot stores and works great.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When I have a difficult one I follow up with a spray bottle of ONR mixed with distilled water. But ultimately a black car in direct sun is going to be very difficult to completely avoid it... just evaporates too quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use a surface temp gun, I`ve used onr to around 155 degrees, as soon as I touch the surface with the wet towel I get about 20 degree drop in temp. It steams at first, but if you work in small sections you shouldn`t have any streaking issues.

Thread Information