Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I went to my aunt`s house and came back with a "Hurricane" electric canless air system. The Hurricane`s site (canlessair.com) has some good points on how un-environmentally friendly the chemicals in cans of compressed air are.

And today I decided to detail the interior my DD. I`m usually out of the house at least 12 hours of the day with this car (between school and work), and it shows:

First, I used the Hurricane to quickly blow debris from the crevices in the seats, vents, etc. out of the way. Then I used HD TOTAL on the door panels, knobs, steering wheel, parking brake, center console, armrests, and other various spots. Then I wiped the rest of the interior down with a damp microfiber. After the leather, vinyl, and plastic was clean, I moved onto the carpet, which ended up being half the work on the interior.

I had dirt, graphite powder, soda, and gum in my carpet.

I used the Hurricane to blow the powder out of the carpet and then vacuumed the carpet out. Followed that up with a dry brushing and used the Hurricane to blow the carpet out before vacuuming again. Then I cleaned the carpet with TOTAL. I`ve used both canned compressed air and a pressurized air gun to fluff carpet before. I HATE trying to use canned compressed air to clean of fluff anything. It freezes up too fast. I`ve even tried alternating between three cans but it`s so frustrating having it freeze up and occasionally blow a cold mess out that I stopped using them. One time i almost ruined my speedometer while cleaning dust from behind the clear plastic shield. And on top of that it is apparently terrible for the environment. My problem with high pressure air guns is that they hurt my incredibly sensitive ears if I use them for a long time and I can never get them to the pressure I need them to be to fluff carpet (either not enough pressure or too much pressure to safely use on delicate surfaces.)

The Hurricane is perfect in that sense. Not only does it give the perfect pressure to fluff out carpet that`s been matted for years (really excited about that, the spots my feet rub on have always stood out because they were so stuck together), but one electric charge is plenty to do the whole car. I`ve always been so annoyed with air systems that I just cleaned out crevices and vents with brushed and microfibers, but the Hurricane is very useful and really cut down the time it takes to complete an interior detail. Here`s some afters:

BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red

Post Thanks / Like
    review this product!

Post Thanks / Like
    A $70 nailing compressor and a 50 ft hose, a couple of quick couplers, and an air nozzle will do even better and with it all, it`s about a $100 investment that will last for years and years.

110v, plugs into any house outlet.

No cans to throw away, no propellent, etc.

Can be used to power air impact and other air tools. Not a lot of CFM, but works for light work and can be used to spray paint decks, fences, etc.

Can adjust the air pressure from 100 PSI and down, great to blow air over wet surfaces to speed up drying, etc.

Don`t see any real advantage to what you are using, unless you are only going to do this once a year.

Grumpy

Thread Information