Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    While I also use LT for rinse-less washes of my not too dirty vehicles, I shudder when I think about putting a wash mitt as dirty as the one in the video, back onto a painted surface. I usually use two wash mitts. One for the paint and upper body panels and another, older but clean, mitt for the rocker panels, bumpers and wheels. I find LT to be super slick and the resultant gloss is really quite remarkable. I also use a grit guard religiously and I have 4 "Water Magnet" waffle weave drying towels that I use to remove the wash water. These towels pick-up any floating grime so I like to use several and not take a chance on introducing any swirls.

Nice video, Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven`t tried last touch yet, but might give it a shot during 2nd pass of drying after ONR

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last Touch is THE best quick detailer out there......in my opinion. Directions call for it to be cut 1:1 making it the best value.

I`m actually adding 4oz. to my 3D Waterless Wash that`s mixed at 1:1. Works so well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I add OID to ONR when using it as a WW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    Last Touch is THE best quick detailer out there......in my opinion..

In what ways would you say it`s superior to some of the more "special", or at least unique, QDs such as FK146, FK425, and ValuGard Fast Finish? I mention those three specifically as I`ve just never tried anything that`s quite like them (and they`re all quite different from each other too, not like one can perfectly substitute for another IMO).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    In what ways would you say it`s superior to some of the more "special", or at least unique, QDs such as FK146, FK425, and ValuGard Fast Finish? I mention those three specifically as I`ve just never tried anything that`s quite like them (and they`re all quite different from each other too, not like one can perfectly substitute for another IMO).
    I`ve used all of those you mentioned, and when used as a quick detailer, it gives ME the best results for MY money.

It makes 2 gallons for under 20.00 and cleans well, leaves a slick protected finish, and smell great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    I`ve used all of those you mentioned, and when used as a quick detailer, it gives ME the best results for MY money.

It makes 2 gallons for under 20.00 and cleans well, leaves a slick protected finish, and smell great!

Just to clarify: LT was designed to be used straight as a quick detailer, and at 1:1 dilution when used as a clay lube.

Having said that, I personally use it like Justin does: 1:1 as a QD and 1:2 as a clay lube (I actually now use ONR for clay lube, but if I still used LT, it would be at 1:2.) Lt is a great value, and should be in every ones arsenal. Definitely a great value.
    :buffingolishing paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin Murphy & Erik Mejia- Thanks for responding, and I hope I didn`t/don`t come across as being, uhm...challenging or anything, I`m not trying to pick a :argue

Other than the cost, I`m just curious about the specifics of its appeal. And no, I`m not discounting the price For some stuff I QD, I`d appreciate a savings (undercarriage stuff comes to mind). Good to know it cleans OK too, as some QDs are weak in that area (FK425 and FastFinish come to mind).

I`m guessing it might be a good choice for "general purpose" QDing, when I`m not after one of the specific attributes of my current faves. Does it play nice with both waxes and sealants? Is it Accumulator-proof with regard to streaking/etc.?

I`m also guessing you can tweak the dilution for QD use,like...a range between straight and 1:1, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    425 is an awesome QD but I go through a gallon every 14 days. It just wouldn`t be cost effective for my business.

I`ve used Last Touch for a long time now with dozens of waxes and sealant. No problems with any. It`s also glass friendly.....even in the sun. I also use for interior wipe downs as well. I simply have not had any issues what so every with. It beads like crazy for 5-6 days when used alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin, I wonder how watered down OID or FK425 would fare compared to Last Touch. I have some, and while I like the fact that its slick and doesn`t streak, its just not a looker in my book. If cost is an issue, 3D Final Touch is a great choice and can be cut 1:1 with very good results. The look reminds me of NXT, very amped up and glossy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did like Final Touch when I ordered some as a sample last year. I never cut it. I wish I had now. It`s actually 1.00 cheaper than Last Touch.

Looks like I will be going to a 3D only arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin Murphy & Dan- Thanks again for the added info. When I run out of my current "non-critical duty" QD (QuikShine), I may very well give either the Last Touch or the Final Touch a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Justin Murphy & Dan- Thanks again for the added info. When I run out of my current "non-critical duty" QD (QuikShine), I may very well give either the Last Touch or the Final Touch a try.
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does Last Touch compare to QID?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information