Post Thanks / Like
    Back in October I did a full correction on a white Yukon Denali. I topped it off with BFWD. Fast forward to now. The owner initiated a maintenance routine with me. He has never washed the truck since I detailed it. The truck resides in a VERY tight location (urban area/street parking) so i figured that I could just bring some ONR and a light-load of cleaning supplies with me.

It was EXTREMELY hard to wash this big SUV with ONR. I brought 5 gallons of hot water, used 2 in the ONR bucket 3 in the rinse bucket with grit guard-i felt like I should have replenished all of it after doing half the truck. The wheels, wells and side rails were the most difficult.

I`ve used ONR many times on cars but this was my first SUV. Any suggestions? My only thought was to possibly use the customer`s hose to spray down it down, so I my sponge didn`t have to work so hard.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaison, just for that reason I rarely use ONR on maintenance washes unless the car is fairly clean. I`m not sure if you did this or not, but the only thing I can suggest with ONR is to bring a spray bottle of ONR and spray the area you`re about to wash with ONR. I find it helps loosen dirt very well and makes the ONR wash much easier. However, I would think to avoid swirls you should use 2-3 rinse buckets with 2-3 gallons in each for a huge SUV like that one. I usually use 2 rinse buckets for average sedans and don`t have to replace the water unless they`re really dirty.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a good idea for sure.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a NOMAD portable washer (not pressure, it is self contained) for just such occasions. It provides a nice rinsing pressure so that you can do wells and jambs with APC and then do your ONR on the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    I have a NOMAD portable washer (not pressure, it is self contained) for just such occasions. It provides a nice rinsing pressure so that you can do wells and jambs with APC and then do your ONR on the body.

I do something similar using the detail caddy. It allows me to atomize a fine mist of rinseless solution, then apply it uniformly on the vehicle, either one panel at a time or on the entire vehicle.

This system provides a presoak which also serves as a pretreatment when the rinseless solution is used. The Micro-Gel Polymer within the rinseless solution both encapsulates and emulsifies the dirt particles and starts conditioning the clear coat as it is misted on to the vehicle. The caddy also has enough pressure unlike the Nomad which allows you to also do the wells, jambs and wheel barrels so long as you capture the minimal runoff if necessary. Like other rinseless solutions, the rinseless solution is then wiped off each panel using either a MF or grout sponge, then wrung out in the bucket solution dispersing the dirt in the rinse water and extending the usefulness cleaning action of the MF towel. Then panels are then flash dried removing any remaining product using a fluffy soft clean MF for the ultimate shine...
    David M. Sylican

Innovative Detailing

Headlight Lens Restoral

O.C. California

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure u are familiar with the Nomad. It`s not for applying chemical...is a portable washer that dispenses water at about 50psi. Not quite the volume as from the tap, but very effective for the spots you can`t ONR in the field.

Out of curiosity, are you affiliated with the makers of the detail caddy? Your post just sounds a lot like a sales pitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL it did sound like a sales pitch, but sometimes when I really like a product I make a pitch like that too.

I like the idea of the NOMAD or even a garden pump-sprayer might do the trick too. I just hate using customer water-it feels un professional

Post Thanks / Like
    When I use DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss I fill both buckets with about 4 gallons of water. I mix about 3oz of DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss in the wash bucket and 1 oz in the rinse bucket. I also fill a 64oz Pressure sprayer with water and about 2 oz of DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss I use this to pre-rinse all the the paint surfaces before washing them down.

You still do one pannel at a time just use the pressure sprayer before you wash it. I like doing this to keep marring the surface down to a minumum.

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use a bucket of water and my Shamerrific. Wash the bottom of the vehicle and the wheel wells last. By the way this is not spam I`m Kevin with K & C Solutions Auto Detailing and Lot Washing. You can google Lot wash Kansas City or Auto detailing Kansas City.

Post Thanks / Like
    What was hard about it? Depending on how dirty it is, sometimes you need to get a fresh supply of ONR mix.

I just washed a salt laced car and by the end the water was pretty much pure black. If the weather wasn`t forecast to colder (below freezing), I would probably have changed the water 1/2 though.

You can use more than 2 gallons to wash, just add more ONR.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you wash a grout sponge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i brought 6 gallons of warm water with me. Put 4 in the wash bucket and 2 in the rinse bucket, but damn it was STILL a hard task. This week I just copped to conventional methods and used his hose and soapy water.

BTW, what is that in your avatar??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonal86
    How do you wash a grout sponge?

Wring it out under some tap water and let it dry naturally. I destroyed one when I put it through the machine/dryer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried them and just didn`t like it. Can`t say its any better or worse, but it just didn`t feel right to me coming from years of using wool and synthetic wool wash pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a large SUV, and wash it in my garage during the winter with ONR. I spray it with a QD mix of ONR, let it dwell for a few minutes, and then wash normally. We have salt brine on the roads in my area during the winter, so the mitt and the water get absolutely nasty. It still works just fine, though.

Thread Information