Post Thanks / Like
    I made a brief amateur video showing the Detailing Caddy.

This is the link to my Youtube account..not a sales pitch, but just wanted to show you how it all works.

Raining in Santa Barbara..ugh!

Rob

YouTube - Thank you, Auto Detailing Caddy!
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Robert - Explain more to me about this system. It`s basically a low volume pump sprayer right? What`s the chemical you`re spraying through it? How heavy is the machine?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

I am going to get more video done this weekend and a lot over my two-week break coming up. I am working on a few projects that hopefully will come to fruition this next year.

The unit weighs about as much as the 5 gallon pail as liquid in it. Otherwise, it`s very lightweight..it rolls on casters easily. I am now using Polys.

I have 2 pump sprayers and a PDS unit. The caddy puts out a lot more psi and I can control the spray pattern better. I am still practicing at getting no drops to hit the ground. I will attempt about 20 cars next Friday morning using this system.

Besides the pump quality, the 50 ft. hose is nice because you don`t have to move the unit once you start. My plan is to have 3 employees...

1. Wheels and tires

2. The other two, split cars down the middle.

I see 3-4 per hr. at a ticket price of 30 avg. per car. With labor costs, I hope to net about 40 per hr. for myself. This is of course, in a parking lot situation. Where I am, we have nice weather year-round. Today was about 75 deg. We have high-end realty companies and other similar office buildings. That said, it`s never an "easy" ticket in this business.

I am not going after high end detail jobs unless someone really wants to pay. I am focusing on lower cost and less labor intense jobs- and MUCH easier to train!

I hope to station a few cars at the beach and have local authorities question me and then show them and all watching how it works and how it`s all good.

Thanks for asking, Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    this look like a awsome setup. looking foward to more info and videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation Rob. Keep up the great innovative ideas. Looks very promising. Good luck!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty cool set-up and video. If i can ask, how much psi is coming out of the sprayer. Thanks in advance,

Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    This set up works awesome where I am restricted from using any water that touches the ground or creates waste water run off. Certain areas such as exclusive yacht clubs or even some of these high rise condominium complexes do not allow mobile services on site or even allow homeowners to clean their vehicles...Period! With this unit since it is lightweight and compact, I can fold it up nicely and store it in the back of my Mazda 3. I arrive at the said location and work off of 12V, no generator or pressure washer........and best of all I have satisfied customers that can still utilize my services.....

Here is a photo of a Black Cayenne Turbo S that I care for at the local beach front yacht club in Orange County, where absolutely no detailing is allowed due to storm drain runoff.

Using the Detailing Caddy rinseless system with Poly`s, allows me to provide my services at this location and many others and be 100% compliant.

David M. Sylican

Innovative Detailing

Headlight Lens Restoral

O.C. California

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you vacuum the car with no generator? do you just use the customers electricity? i have a rigid battery powered vacuum i use for delicate situations

Post Thanks / Like
    dave is this what you were telling me about? thats pretty sweet. most car wash people arent worried about swirling up the car, and those who are, are usually doing their own washing anyway!

I may have to talk some more about this with you tomorrow since this weather SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by advs1
    how do you vacuum the car with no generator? do you just use the customers electricity? i have a rigid battery powered vacuum i use for delicate situations

Great question........Vacuuming the interior is achieved using a 12v inverter, or I would just tap into an existing 110v outlet at the customers location if available. Using a battery powered vacuum is a great idea, just that from previous experience on rechargeable batteries is that their life expectancy is short, they eventually loose their charging peak and get expensive to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    dave is this what you were telling me about? thats pretty sweet. most car wash people arent worried about swirling up the car, and those who are, are usually doing their own washing anyway!

I may have to talk some more about this with you tomorrow since this weather SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Eric, that`s the unit I have been telling you about........thanks for the good words on the Detailing Caddy....With this system, of course like any vehicle cleaning technique if it is performed properly with premium MF towels, using Poly`s Detailing Fluid (Recommended and Approved) the results are incredible.....If you want to check it out and demo it, just let me know......I couldn`t agree with you more on this weather, but look at the positive side of things, we are going to have a whole lot of work once the sun shines.

As you can see from the photo`s below....its a win win situation for the customer and for me....

* Absolutely no scratches induced with this system if it is done correctly

* Conforms to City and County waste water discharge laws, completely rinseless process.

* Customers is completely satisfied with the results

Before shots of this black Bentley GT

Half of the hood cleaned with the Detailing Caddy process, no pressure washer needed for awesome results...

Hood finished off for perfect results....

As you can see in this photo I am towing my trailer which is completely outfitted with literally everything including my pressure washing system and water tank. Since this particular job in a coastal community at the waters edge, I utilize the Caddy as you can see fro the following pics.....

I just plug it into my 12v accessory outlet in the back of my SUV or the customer vehicle and wrap the 50ft hose around the vehicle, then get the job done and no water hits the ground that can lead to a storm drain.....Sure get a lot of :thumbs_up: from city workers and code enforcement!

Passenger side totally cleaned to perfection

Poly`s detailing fluid being applied using the Detailing Caddy which atomizes the product for a fine application

Detailing fluid is wiped using a quality MF towel which is also in our bucket solution to ring out the dirt and debris from the initial wipe.

Finish off the process by buffing or flashing the residual moisture with a thick MF towel like this one from Towel Pros....and look at the results......

David M. Sylican

Innovative Detailing

Headlight Lens Restoral

O.C. California

Thread Information