Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dervdave
    Sure ONR lays down its own very temporary sacrificial protection but definately doesn`t alter or interfere with the existing lsp.

Eh, not so definite in my case; it does mess it up for me.

Heh heh, I mean, come on...I can tell the diff between something being on top of an LSP as opposed to the LSP having been significantly compromised

And yeah, I`ve read all the posts about this here and at the Optimum forums, and there`s just no way I`ll let anybody`s opinion override my obvious first-hand experience :grinno: Dr. G. (whom I greatly respect, this is in no way a swipe at him), or anybody else who`s ever lived, can say whatever they want, but the LSP is messed up and the only way to bring it back to "pre ONR-effect" condition is to reapply it. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

And yeah, I`ve read all the posts about this here and at the Optimum forums, and there`s just no way I`ll let anybody`s opinion override my obvious first-hand experience .

Well you know what you know mate just the same as me and I`ve never had any issues other than a temporary change of beading behaviour and to be honest I wouldn`t have thought ONR @ the recommended dilution ratio would`ve been strong enough to do anything to actually alter any lsp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always been happy with one, hasn`t let me down yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love ONR and is my goto wash in my business.

BUT on special high end LSP on black, I find I lose some depth and clarity. I seems to add a slight sealant look to it rather than the shimmering depth you get with a carnauba/montan wax.

On lighter colours I have no issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you dont want a change in look, go with meguiars rinseless wash. in my opinion it does not change the look and it cleans very well...its worth a shot to order a sample size of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried Megs rinseless but I know it leaves no protection behind it shouldn`t have any effect on the looks of your LSP. Good suggestion.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I have this nagging question in the back of my mind though that the truth is I think I think likely shows my ingnorance. A Product like ONR that is not just a wash, has polymers which creat a shine and some protection will those polymers interfer with the the look I`ve achieved with sealants or waxes I`ve applied?]

Most waxes and all sealents contain polymers, clear coat paint and Optimum ONR also contain polymers, a ploymer will not have a negative effect on another polymer, although in very rare instances there are other chemicals in certain products that may react negativly with surfactants
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dervdave
    Well you know what you know mate just the same as me and I`ve never had any issues...to be honest I wouldn`t have thought ONR @ the recommended dilution ratio would`ve been strong enough to do anything to actually alter any lsp.

It sure took me by surprise too. Not to mention the pal I set up with ONR who promptly "messed up his fresh detail" the first time he ONRed it

Funny how even potent-QD-strength ONR does *NOT* (IME) mess with waxes like M16 or the sealants I use

Post Thanks / Like
    It sure took me by surprise too. Not to mention the pal I set up with ONR who promptly "messed up his fresh detail" the first time he ONRed it

I`ve far too much respect for you and your work to doubt or question your findings one bit !

Just one of those things eh ? :3:

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh, not so definite in my case; it does mess it up for me.

Heh heh, I mean, come on...I can tell the diff between something being on top of an LSP as opposed to the LSP having been significantly compromised

And yeah, I`ve read all the posts about this here and at the Optimum forums, and there`s just no way I`ll let anybody`s opinion override my obvious first-hand experience :grinno: Dr. G. (whom I greatly respect, this is in no way a swipe at him), or anybody else who`s ever lived, can say whatever they want, but the LSP is messed up and the only way to bring it back to "pre ONR-effect" condition is to reapply it. Simple as that.

The surfactants in ONR will remove or at least alter the effectiveness / durability of some waxes / sealents
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    The surfactants in ONR will remove or at least alter the effectiveness / durability of some waxes / sealents

I speak as I find and my feelings are that ONR only masks the existing Lsp short term but don`t dispute anyones thoughts or results if they differ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolf say that ONR does interfere with their Body Wrap but so far ONR has not created any problems with the products I have used

Not sure if Wolf products are sold outside of Europe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information