Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waterless wash

Post Thanks / Like
    of all the waterLESS washes out, not ONR, isnt it pretty much just a strong QD?

correct me if I am WAY off basis here, but is it close to the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only tried the Poorboys Spray and wipe, here is a really good description of it:

"Spray and Wipe Waterless Wash bridges the gap between a traditional car shampoo and a quick detail spray. It will not replace the need for your sheepskin wash mitt, bucket and hose, but it will afford you the luxury of not dragging them out quite as often. Waterless Wash is a cleaner above anything, a step above what a quick detail spray can do, without the extra shine."

I agree 100% and in my case ONR fits that slot MUCH better.

Post Thanks / Like
    so for a car that gets washed once every two weeks, I would still have to ONR it. thats what I am thinking. A waterless wash would only be good for the once a week, or twice a week cars, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I see no advantage to using the waterless wash unless you have some sort of water restriction, regardless of time period. Any time saved in not mixing up ONR is eaten away by having to be even more careful about keeping a clean rag and enough waterless wash. Time yourself and see. For me:

Conventional using power washer ~25 minutes (5 minutes for drying)

ONR ~ 25

Waterless ~30-35 more time spent on wheels (it sucks bad on brake dust) and cracks and crevices because I`m not using a sheepskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Personally, I see no advantage to using the waterless wash unless you have some sort of water restriction, regardless of time period. Any time saved in not mixing up ONR is eaten away by having to be even more careful about keeping a clean rag and enough waterless wash. Time yourself and see. For me:

ONR ~ 25

Waterless ~30-35 more time spent on wheels (it sucks bad on brake dust) and cracks and crevices because I`m not using a sheepskin.

I agree 100%. ONR over Waterless Wash everytime for me. My bottle of waterless wash is almost full and I have gone through a gallon of ONR already.

Post Thanks / Like
    The major difference between a QD and a waterless wash is the wetting agents. A QD dries on your paint really fast whereas the waterless wash can sit a bit longer for that added lubricity.

Waterless washes are great for the maintenance dusting, but ONR is definitely better for full blown washes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

ONR ~ 25

We have some detailers who use a hybrid method of a `waterless` and `rinseless` method. So, they use the waterless formula combined with a rinse bucket to take care of the towel when it gets too soiled. It seems like a good combo because you get the cleaning power of a waterless product, combined with a towel that can stay continually clean.

Also, if you`re worried about running out of waterless wash it`s best to buy in a concentrated form and dilute into a larger spray application. For instance, those little garden sprayers from Home Depot or Lowes work well for the budget minded. Or there are more automated sprayers to lessen the need for constantly pumping the formula out manually.
    Eco Touch

Detailing Products

New Hampshire

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ONR all the way. Wish I had been using it a longggggggg time ago.
    Likes Real Riders liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky Earth Products has come up with a liquid, called Green Earth Waterless Car Wash, that lets you wash your car without buckets, hoses, brushes, or gallons of water. The compound--made out of water, coconut extracts, silicone, and a bit of salt--gets misted onto your car. Once there, it attracts dirt via electrostatic principles and encapsulates it. The owner then wipes their car with a soft cloth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all - I have just been approved a beta tester for the new Ultima Waterless Wash - order has been placed and confirmed..

I can post a review here if you`d like, as well as in the product section, on how this product works, to give you more insight into your waterless wash question.

I personally have not had much experience with waterless OR rinseless washes, so this will be an unbiased review from a typical OTC product user.

I`ve used Ultima products in the past, with mostly good success, and am looking forward to this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by becciasm
    Hello all - I have just been approved a beta tester for the new Ultima Waterless Wash -

I can post a review here if you`d like,

Any updates ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    so for a car that gets washed once every two weeks, I would still have to ONR it. thats what I am thinking. A waterless wash would only be good for the once a week, or twice a week cars, correct?

Hello,

No don`t think it`s good for car because every time you just use spray and wipe it. But the main dust is wiped by water. And tire`s are only and only you have to wash with water...
    Spam is not nice, mine removed by Moderator!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

ONR ~ 25

For me if the car is not that dirty, lugging a power washer out of the garage, getting an extension cord and then having to clean it and put it back is just not worth the hassle. Not counting all the noise it makes on Sunday morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by becciasm
    Hello all - I have just been approved a beta tester for the new Ultima Waterless Wash - order has been placed and confirmed..

I can post a review here if you`d like, as well as in the product section, on how this product works, to give you more insight into your waterless wash question.

I personally have not had much experience with waterless OR rinseless washes, so this will be an unbiased review from a typical OTC product user.

I`ve used Ultima products in the past, with mostly good success, and am looking forward to this one.
    Wow, can they really improve their waterless wash? Love UWWP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information