Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, I just wanted to offer my view, since I`m the "New Guy" I feel I`m closest to the consumer end for products such as these. I was recently turned onto this "waterless wash" via armorall. I was not late to the car show, but running behind the schedule I had mapped in my head. When I arrived my buddy suggested "just pull up front, I doubt you`ll have time for a wash, dry, & polish/wax."

My car being black and filthy from the fresh rain-spell I was bent on cleaning it, my buddy enthusiastically handed me a bottle of waterless wash. I was like what is this stuff? a million questions later, a long story short, it preformed well, and I still use it in the Meguiar`s form currently. I use it off and on. in between washes. I feel proud when I get down to the nitty-gritty old school bucket & soap. It feels cleaner to me that way (mentally). In the issues of water conservation, an environmentally sound products I`m all for modernizing - but should I go out and by a hybrid to reduce pollution?

My breakdown is kinda like what a shower is to mankind, can a wet wipe give you the same fresh feeling as a shower? Probably not. Would I use a wet wipe if there wasn`t any water? probably would. For days when I`m out of time, or code enforcement is floating around I`d definitely use the product in question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    Joe,

Correct. I am selling our waterless a bit more diluted as a glass cleaner. A quick demo and every customer has wanted a bottle for their home. The protectant aspect is a selling point, but the clarity with it is unmatched by any of our former glass cleaners.

It`s a nice upsell, but one that I feel totally comfortable with because it`s just very good.

Rob

Rob what product do you use as a waterless wash? i have been looking for something to use and still havent found something i like. i wouldnt mind trying noble wash, but i dont think its for sale yet??

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after reading this looking into ONR.. sound like the way to go..

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanethics
    Well after reading this looking into ONR.. sound like the way to go..

I used DP Rinseless last season as a reduced water wash and was quite pleased with it. I decided to try ONR this season, especially with the new formula. I used it this past weekend at a car show where I gave a presentation on detailing. I was VERY impressed with the product. So much so that I stayed after and washed my own car with ONR before leaving the show. I`ll be picking up a gallon next month.

I also bought some waterless wash from PoorBoys World to try and I`ll give that a shot this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input SCoach

Right after i order a buffer which i am still making up my mind on which, Ill pull the trigger on some ONR

Ill be looking forward on your comments on the waterless wash from Poorboys as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone ever tried Misting the surface of the car before using ONR?

How does one use something like IRON X with ONR?

Mist, IRON X, then ONR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Welcome to this forum site. Wow..... what a new concept innovated. Washing the car without water! For more details,

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Post Thanks / Like

CroftgateUSA. I have been using their products for almost 2 years and the results still amazes me. It does not only cleans your rides quick but also protects them. I suggest get the sample pack to know the`result`of`their products that was were I started, fell in love and still using CroftgateUSA until now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K3RMiTdot

`

That`s what I like to do. Wet the surface thoroughly before wiping. I really think it adds more of a safety factor into your cleaning regiment.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ironx x needs to be rinsed. So you`d need to add a rinse step between ix and onr

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used a waterless wash before but I have been hearing lots of talks about this method lately.` I had issues in the past with scratches on my car by using drive-through car washes, so I am not a big fan of these.` Can anyone recommend a brand of waterless wash and possibly a location where I could buy it in Miami?

Post Thanks / Like

Watch this video on how to do a rinseless wash:`http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57BDoJjZAA4

`

I basically do everything he is doing except my towel is damp when I use it to dry. He also put up all the links for all the products he used in the video.

`

As for waterless wash, spray and wipe off technique, I would not try on a moderate to heavy soiled car. Light dusting, sure.`
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A New Era... The Waterless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by K3RMiTdot View Post
    That`s how I always do it. I wash my car in the garage year-round here in Wisconsin with QEW or ONR and a few gallons of warm water in a 5gal bucket (with Grit Guard). I mix up a 32oz sprayer of ONR & water & QD and liberally spray that on several panels, then go back to the first sprayed panel and begin washing. During that brief soaking time, the ONR/QD have a chance to soak into the grime and encapsulate/lubricate it before I wipe it off. I have washed filthy, salt-covered cars like this for years, and it works great. I never bother taking the car to a DIY wash to blast off the salt first, as it would triple the time needed to clean the car.
    I may go through 5-6 MFs for one car wash when the car is very dirty. As soon as the towel is dirty, I flip to a new section or grab a new towel. My rinseless wash MFs are stored and washed separately than my polishing/LSP MFs, and are thoroughly washed by hand in a bucket to get all the dirt out.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information