Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior__Shine
    I`d be embarrassed to admit I had been in car wash business for 16 years and had never taken advantage of the latest products and processes to get vehicles cleaner, faster, all the while putting more $$$$$ in my pocket.

You need to come out of the darkness and see the light brother.
    While waterless and rinseless washes are what I use almost exclusively, it was not an easy concept to accept.

One thing that has been great for me is being able to clean the car up whenever I have the opportunity. Since I can do it in my garage, I don`t have to worry about sun, snow, rain or any other outside weather conditions. To have shade for a conventional wash in my driveway, I had to wash at 6:00 AM or after 7:00 PM.

A few comments:

1. I often do a pre-rinse at the DIY spray wash when I have an accumulation of crud on the vehicle.

2. Wheels and wheel wells are a bit of a challenge, but they can be done. If they are really bad, they get the DIY spray wash treatment as well.

3. Technique is even more important when doing waterless or rinseless washes. After doing it a few times, you become more comfortable with the products and you learn how to use them properly.

4. A conventional wash is good therapy for me so I will do one occasionally just for the enjoyment.
    Likes mikeinauburn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    While waterless and rinseless washes are what I use almost exclusively, it was not an easy concept to accept.

One thing that has been great for me is being able to clean the car up whenever I have the opportunity. Since I can do it in my garage, I don`t have to worry about sun, snow, rain or any other outside weather conditions. To have shade for a conventional wash in my driveway, I had to wash at 6:00 AM or after 7:00 PM.

A few comments:

1. I often do a pre-rinse at the DIY spray wash when I have an accumulation of crud on the vehicle.

2. Wheels and wheel wells are a bit of a challenge, but they can be done. If they are really bad, they get the DIY spray wash treatment as well.

3. Technique is even more important when doing waterless or rinseless washes. After doing it a few times, you become more comfortable with the products and you learn how to use them properly.

4. A conventional wash is good therapy for me so I will do one occasionally just for the enjoyment.

I agree!! :hifive:
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting into the detailing business while my partner has been in it for years. We are doing nothing but waterless and we absolutely love it as do our clients. While our clients vehicles range from a honda civic to a 2010 BMW 750li we have had nothing but repeat business and satisfaction.

h2 before

h2 after

Post Thanks / Like
    Its the way to go !

Water wastage is out

Post Thanks / Like
    From my point of view this is what I`ve witnessed in regards to waterless washes...

Pessimism and a lot of speculation before use, and optimism and a "holy cow it actually worked pretty dam good" sentiment after use. (Me included.)

I also felt the same way about grout sponges, but I also become a believer after trying one out as well.

I know some still disagree with that one though, too hard to part with your trusty wool mitt. It`s not such an easy sale like ONR. That`s ok though, you guys will see the light one day.

People do get rather alarmed when you recommend they utilize a grout sponge in their process. I`ve never seen so much objection to a single notion. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Products like ONR are the vanguard of present and future waterless washes in helping the general public learn to understand how they work, accept and trust them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Dry-Washn-guard since 1991. That was the date of its inception. I use it for many things. Here in the east I wash cars on the grass if I can, to avoid any runoff. I use very little water to wash. I guess I am ahead of the curve. Thanks for the info Dave. Saving the planet...is not going away. If someone is unhappy with dry-wash perhaps its because they werent using it correctly. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    The writings on the wall

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    I`ve been using Optimum No Rinse for a few years. I stared using it because where I live there is hard water, and the outside facets are generally not filtered in anyway. However I find using a water[less] product is less messy and faster as you don`t have to pull out hoses and put them away again. The other great feature, at least of ONR, I can use it in the freezing weather (inside a garage) all you need to do it use hot water to make the solution. This is great for getting road salt of cars here in the snow belt. Then the waste water is either dumped on a grassy area where it will be naturally filtered, or I dump it in the sink where it gets treated as wastewater rather than going into storm drains.

I also have hard water! If I don`t have tons of towels and dry things off fast enough I get the water spots. The problem is it takes more water to make sure things stay wet and when you wet things more to keep them wet they make neighboring dry panels slightly wet, causing you to use more towels. It`s vicious cycle. I have yet to try ONR, mainly because I can`t imagine paying the outrageous shipping some vendors want for a small bottle...

aside from that how has ONR helped the hard water problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Water spots should not be a problem if you are machine polishing to finish up. Polishing creates a whole NEW skin if you will, removing surface contaminants and water spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s just it, I am not following it up with a machine polish. However I do follow it up sometimes with an extremely mild hand polish. What I sometimes do to kill the spots is use quick detailer then hand polish then wax. I should really get a PC shouldn`t I?

Post Thanks / Like
    I plead guilty to still using a lot of water to wash my car and enjoying it.

I do use ONR during the winter, but mostly to avoid freezing the locks and garage door. I prefer the old way. I don`t know how to describe it, but my car "feels" cleaner with the old way.

Trying new stuff is nice, but changing my habits is hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does Waterless wash and/or ONR affect your LSP; whether it be carnauba or sealant?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t speak for ONR but a quality waterless has a protectant in it. Be it either carnuba based or polymer. So it will enhance by cleaning and adding shine and protection to what ever you have on the finish now.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe,

Correct. I am selling our waterless a bit more diluted as a glass cleaner. A quick demo and every customer has wanted a bottle for their home. The protectant aspect is a selling point, but the clarity with it is unmatched by any of our former glass cleaners.

It`s a nice upsell, but one that I feel totally comfortable with because it`s just very good.

Rob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information