Post Thanks / Like
    Troops

If you ever wonder how dangerous the chemicals are you are using I have a great site. check an msds on the chemical make up of the solution your using & feed it into this site.

You will be amazed how some of the most common chemicals can really harm you.

You need to find the exact ingrediant(s) in the product you are searching.

Chemical Profiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post.

Try looking up the hazards of Meguiars Wheel Brightner. Not cool at all.
    There is place like 127.0.0.1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been in chemical sales for 25 years. You guys should know what your working with.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing i do when i arrive at the shop is put on nitrile disposable gloves. Only took me 15 years to figure that one out.

Fumes and dusts are also a major concern. If you can smell it you are breathing it in!

I hope everyone realizes that most-all products are bad for your health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wearing gloves & a respirater are the 2 biggees. Your skin is a sponge & absorbs any chemical it comes into contact with. A respirator should be worn when misting any chemical into the air. The chemical has a direct route into the lungs. Most apc,s are butyl based which is a huge known carcinogen. (cancer causing)

Post Thanks / Like
    One note here, the quickest and easiest way to look up the hazards of any chemical are to look for its MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). Most manufacturers will put together an MSDS on everyone of their products. It should list ingredients, health hazards, disposal techniques, emergency treatments, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Poordude
    Wearing gloves & a respirater are the 2 biggees. Your skin is a sponge & absorbs any chemical it comes into contact with. A respirator should be worn when misting any chemical into the air. The chemical has a direct route into the lungs. Most apc,s are butyl based which is a huge known carcinogen. (cancer causing)
    Got a bone to pick with you on this, butyl simply means it has a 4 Carbon chain on the (CH3CH2CH2CH2-). A butyl substituent in a chemical does not make it carcinogenic, butyl substituents are found all through out nature. Now if you said, Butyl Acetates, or Butyl Alcohols, then you would be talking about a specific compound. A substituent by itself does not make anything toxic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every product you use has a MSDS Sheet on it. If it doesn`t do not use it! I work for city government and whenever they purchase a new product they send a MSDS Sheet to all departments. It states the potiential hazards of contact,ingestion, inhalation ,flash point etc. Be safe,wear gloves,saftey glasses, ear plugs. Never mix chemicals to create some concoction. Label all bottles contents. Some products mixed can cause a lethal gas and displace the oxygen in the air and cause death. Be Safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good looks with the MSDS!

Thread Information