Post Thanks / Like
    2 reasons for my question is for the obvious with the environment, then my second is for my health. I won`t lie, there are times I lack a mask and I don`t like breathing in all the harsh chemicals!!!! Any suggestions? I have started using Black Wow for areas that getting to by hand are easy, but there are still areas that I would rather spray. Thank you!:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find metal canisters in the net that you charge with compressed air. This way you could use your eco friendly product of choice and still spray it.

I use a wagner spray gun from Home Depot. If you do a search Integrity detail has made a few post about it.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent`s & Details View Post
    You can find metal canisters in the net that you charge with compressed air. This way you could use your eco friendly product of choice and still spray it.

I use a wagner spray gun from Home Depot. If you do a search Integrity detail has made a few post about it.

I am aware of the ability to hook up to my compressor, but what kind of products might I be able to use? Do you know of any water based products that are very good?
    My profession and obsession

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum has three different types.

Protectant Plus.

Tire Shine

Opti-Bond

These are the only ones I have used lately that can be purchased in bulk.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum has three different types.

Protectant Plus.

Tire Shine

Opti-Bond

These are the only ones I have used lately that can be purchased in bulk.

do you feel that the tire shine offers an excellent shine? I know that shines have been changing so much with new water based shines, and I have always had a tough time with finding a good one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCWD
    do you feel that the tire shine offers an excellent shine? I know that shines have been changing so much with new water based shines, and I have always had a tough time with finding a good one...

Not a dripping wet shine like the aerosol sprays. Just a nice even finish. If you want gloss for tires use the opti-bond. You can really get the glazed donut look from it.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a dripping wet shine like the aerosol sprays. Just a nice even finish. If you want gloss for tires use the opti-bond. You can really get the glazed donut look from it.

How would you rate the value of the opti-bond? Are you able to use a minimal amount and yeild a great result, or is it an easy way to run through product and money? I have been happy with all of optimums products so I would have to assume it wont kill profits. Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Bond is a pro product that must be diluted to spray through a gun. So yeah it is cost effective. I feel less is wasted as well with this method If you want high gloss spray it on heavy. If you want a matte finish then spray one coat let dry and knock down with a sponge. The product stays on the tire for quite a long time. the high gloss shine will only last for a few days. this is dependent upon how much dust is collected on the tires while driving. I have also never had any problems with the tires browning out.

I have a few cars on weekly service and only apply the opti-bond every couple of weeks. I usualy clean the tires with the no rinse and a soft brush. The tires have a nice deep black look to them again.

As far as dilution goes For the wagner i use one third water to two thirds Opti-Bond.

If you use a compressor and a paint spray gun You can go one quarter water three quarters opti bond. You achualy use less with a compressor and the painters gun. It really atomizes the product well giving you a little more even coverage.

If you purchase some just play around with the dilution a little. Every one has their own preference on how things should look and work.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Bond is a pro product that must be diluted to spray through a gun. So yeah it is cost effective. I feel less is wasted as well with this method If you want high gloss spray it on heavy. If you want a matte finish then spray one coat let dry and knock down with a sponge. The product stays on the tire for quite a long time. the high gloss shine will only last for a few days. this is dependent upon how much dust is collected on the tires while driving. I have also never had any problems with the tires browning out.

I have a few cars on weekly service and only apply the opti-bond every couple of weeks. I usualy clean the tires with the no rinse and a soft brush. The tires have a nice deep black look to them again.

As far as dilution goes For the wagner i use one third water to two thirds Opti-Bond.

If you use a compressor and a paint spray gun You can go one quarter water three quarters opti bond. You achualy use less with a compressor and the painters gun. It really atomizes the product well giving you a little more even coverage.

If you purchase some just play around with the dilution a little. Every one has their own preference on how things should look and work.

Awesome! I have a compressor that I use. Do you have any sprayer recomendations? Also, how do you keep it from spilling inbetween uses? I hate to keep asking questions, but I like to do things right, and it seems like you have toyed around with this. Thanks a lot my friend!:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gravity fed automotive painters gun that I purchased from Harbor Freight. There less then $20.00 The gun has a lid so it will not spill. I store mine on a hook.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Post Thanks / Like
    nice! I will keep that in mind. Where did you buy it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Harbor Freight Tools. Link

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Thread Information