Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    bwalker - Any word from G.E.T. on bulk quantities?
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing yet, I will re-send an email back to Lou Ball to let them know I haven`t heard from there Local Rep. I`ll post back once I have sent the email to Lou.

Post Thanks / Like
    well email sent, I hope it sounds good:

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25 my email

Lou -

I appreciate your email and your prompt response. I eagerly await a response from Paul Chester the local sales rep. However at this present time I haven`t heard from, is there anyone else that can follow up with me in regards to my original request for samples for review on 2 of the nations largest car care enthusiast websites, being autogeekonline.net and autopia.org. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Sincerely,

well not even 10 minutes after my email Paul calls and I leaves me a voicemail. I am going to call him and see what I can do about samples and bulk orders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Paul and myself talked for 30 minutes regarding G.E.T. auto care products, and he is sending a sample of everything they have to offer. He said that he and Lou were in with Armor All for 30 years before signing on with G.E.T. in at the Las Vegas show last November. But enough of that here is the low down on Bulk / Volume Orders:

Bulk Orders - Distribution still in its infancy state and details for that have NOT been worked out yet. However if demand picks up then it will be no problem to do 1 / 5 / or 55 gallon orders

So all in all it was a very productive phone call and I look forward to the samples that Paul says should be sent out today, so I could have them by Thursday or Saturday at the latest. Side note he said that there cleaner is so gentle its safe for all types of wheels and that you can even spray it in your eyes and your eyes wont turn red.....who wants to review that part?

He did add that there Motor Oil is made from animal fat (anyone want to deep fry some french fries in it?). He said there 2 cycle oil is great in fact it WONT SMOKE AT ALL, which I was impressed with. He also said that as oil prices continue to rise they hope to get their product on store shelves nation wide as environmentalist push for more / better alternatives to petro based products.

Edit: (I heard back from Lou)

I just heard back from G.E.T. and Dave is actually sending 2 of each of the automotive appearance products 2 of everything yay! :woot: :woot:

hopefully they will be here soon

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the sample pack from amazon for $15 but it won`t be here for a week. Hopefully this stuff is good.

Amazon.com: Green Earth Technologies 01915 5 Pack Car Care Kit With License Plate: Automotive
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou emailed me and she said they`d send me a free 64oz. jug of their car wash. I was hoping to get a sample of everything, but oh well. It`s better than nothing I guess.

I look forward to your thoughts bwalker.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    The license plate sounds interesting. I wonder if we can use it on a car...

Post Thanks / Like
    she said dave should have my samples out today, I`ll get my dad to man the camera and my brother in laws car will be the test dummy....we shall see, hes away in puerto rico on a missions trip, hopefully this stuff wont make his car explode or something

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their samples and tested these products? I`d be especially interested in hearing about wheel cleaner and vinyl/plastic protectant, as well as a good eco-friendly wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got the sample pack last week and used it.

I wasn`t impressed with the car wash. It seemed like water with green dye. It really didn`t suds and the cleaning power was average. It also states on the bottle that it resists spotting but I still had spots everywhere on my car after the wash (south florida weather is harsh). I`ll stick with megs gc.

I used the glass cleaner but it was on clean windows so I can`t judge the cleaning power but it didn`t leave streaks. I`ll stick with stoners though.

The wheel cleaner was just bad. It seems like all this green earth stuff is just water with green coloring. I sprayed it on my wheels and let it sit for 30 seconds but it didn`t make the brake dust any easier to remove. I sprayed it on my sis`s wheels and just let it sit for about two hours and nothing came off. I really wanted this to be good cause it`s safe for wheels unlike anything else i`ve tried but that`s its problem - it`s too safe. I ordered some griots wheel cleaner so hopefully thats better.

The tire shine has been on my car for about a week now but I haven`t driven the car since I put it on so i`m not sure how durable it is. It has a nice shine and makes the tires black like tire shine should though. I`ll still use megs insane shine aerosol.

I sprayed some brake dust shield on the wheels too but like I said the car hasn`t been driven so i`m not sure how well it works. It does make the wheels look a bit better though. I`ll probably still stick with collinite though.

That`s my short review. I`ve already got other products that do better so I won`t be buying anymore GET products. If you`re an eco-freak I`d say get the stuff and make yourself feel good but for most people on here i`d assume you already have better stuff.
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Jscort98,

Thanks for posting that review. I appreciate it. I was hoping GET would be good products. I was about to order their wheel cleaner. I`m glad I held off.

Looks like the eco-friendly cleaning products arena has a ways to go when it comes to cars. There are some awesome eco household cleaners (Method brand, Seventh Generation), but I`m guessing the hard-core cleaning jobs needed on cars (such as removing breakdust) still require harsh chemicals.

Has anyone used BioKleen products? BioKleen Cleaners Biodegradable Non-Toxic Boat Snowmobile RV Home

Not sure if they`re as eco-friendly as GET claims to be, but they work.

I have used many of their products (for house and for cars) and they are pretty darn good. Some of the car products, such as the polish, still has petroleum distillates, though. It`s a good cleaner polish, and can also be used on windshields, but I want to test it against Meguires` Gold Class polish to see which gives a better shine.

I may try their wheel cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried any of the samples yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    just saw that you did use the samples... sry didnt see additional pages to this thread. my bad

Post Thanks / Like
    well after being unable to find a camera I still haven`t done the video review...

I will offer my opinions on there products...

Glass Cleaner - C+ (doesn`t streak, or smear, cleans medicore)

- I gave this a C+ because it didn`t streak, which to me is a huge thing, but Stoners IG has this beat in every other way!

Wheel protectant - D (works for a week)

- This product works for a week but its just like everything else, it doesn`t hold up

Ultimate Tire Dressing - E (The bottle sprayed it out evenly)

- This product the only positive about it is the sprayer works and its in a nice looking black bottle.

Wheel Cleaner - F (If I could rate this lower I would)

- This product flat out sucks bad. It doesn`t clean, and its generally terrible.

This thing didn`t clean and in fact made me really mad while using it, and I couldn`t rate it any higher than this due to the fact that I was pissed off.

Odor Remover - C

- Surprisingly enough this worked alright, it didn`t work great for an automotive A/C system for odor removal. However I do have a demon possessed cat, it killed the odor from the litter box really nicely.

The Green Soap - E

- Its green and looks like mouth wash. If it cleaned like mouth wash then I`d rate it higher but....it has the lubricity of sand and doesn`t suds that much. It doesn`t seem to clean and to me caused wash induced marring due to the lack of lubrication.

The other products I haven`t used yet

Post Thanks / Like
    What was that stuff sold by Shaklee or Amway?

All purpose cleaner of some sort and I believe, biodegradable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information