Post Thanks / Like

Best Clear Tint?

I am looking for a clear tint for my windshield to reject heat and protect my dash. I am thinking about getting 35 all around the rest of the car except maybe the front. Don`t want to give cops a reason to stop me.

If you have suggestions for the normal tints too in terms of good heat rejection I am all ears!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Clear Tint?

Check out Clear Plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
    I am looking for a clear tint for my windshield to reject heat and protect my dash. I am thinking about getting 35 all around the rest of the car except maybe the front. Don`t want to give cops a reason to stop me.

If you have suggestions for the normal tints too in terms of good heat rejection I am all ears!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Check out Clear Plex.
    +1 I was going to suggest Clear Plex if no one else had yet.

I am going to be installing clear plex later this year on my car so I`ve been doing some research and it seems to be one of the better options out there.

One of the aspects I like about the film is it has a polarized finish. I am still researching if that will have a negative effect with my polarized sunglasses or not though, that could be a deal breaker if so.

Post Thanks / Like

AIRBLUE 80!!!!!!!!

I have a mix of airblue and CTX, they are top of the line but well worth it. There is maybe 1/4 of the heat that used to build up inside my car. The ceramic tints are absolutely a must for high heat states.

I have it on my R, I LOVE IT! I have an all aluminum interior which burns my hands all the time, this just killed the heat.

Here`s pictures...
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post2227197

BTW ~ Tint doesn`t always stop heat, it`s the type of tint that does. Look for ceramic tints, almost all shades/% kill heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely go with ceramic. I have 29% ceramic all around and 40% ceramic on my windshield. It blocks a TON of heat on my all black car with all black interior. My front is huper-optic and not sure what the rest of the car is but I can find out. Was extremely mad when it was getting done so didn`t really ask. As long as it was getting done the correct way the second time I didn`t care.

Driver is right about tint not always stopping heat. Most people think that just because your windows are tinted dark that it`s blocking heat. That is totally wrong. The darker the tint the more heat it traps.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

For clearplex does that have heat rejection?

Also for ceramic tints don`t they interfere with the radio? I have a sharkfin but I think that is just for the Sat radio on my Lexus IS.

Boostin when you are giving those percentages is that in terms of a dark film or a clear film`s heat rejection?

Post Thanks / Like

That`s in terms of light, ceramics do an dont with the radio. I`ve personally never had a problem but some have. You need to research.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
    For clearplex does that have heat rejection?

Also for ceramic tints don`t they interfere with the radio? I have a sharkfin but I think that is just for the Sat radio on my Lexus IS.

Boostin when you are giving those percentages is that in terms of a dark film or a clear film`s heat rejection?

My ceramic film does not interfere with the radio at all. I even have my Sirius XM antenna on my dash underneath the clear ceramic and it works fine. So in other words, my antenna projects through the ceramic film and the windshield and I still have great reception. I would love to know what the argument is for messing with the radio? That just sounds like hogwash to me.

Those percentages are how dark the film is. So not only is my film dark, it is ceramic as well. Except my windshield, it is clear ceramic.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like going clear ceramic is the way for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleyrider View Post
    +1 I was going to suggest Clear Plex if no one else had yet.

I am going to be installing clear plex later this year on my car so I`ve been doing some research and it seems to be one of the better options out there.

One of the aspects I like about the film is it has a polarized finish. I am still researching if that will have a negative effect with my polarized sunglasses or not though, that could be a deal breaker if so.
    On the few polarized windshield tints I have seen, polarized tint doesn`t play will with polarized sun glass lenses. I don`t know about clearplex but just speaking from past experience.

Then again if the windshield is tinted you probably won`t need sunglasses.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve learned something new today. Clear tint. Who knew?

Thread Information