I have a Rio Red 2017 SS that I bought in Dec that now has 4k miles. I have NEVER owned a car that had paint as chip prone as this car! In my short time of ownership, I have probably 25-30 minor chips on the hood!! Better late than never, but I`m going to get an Xpel clear bra put on the full hood, quarters, and front bumper in about a month. In the time being, I`m touching up the chips with Dr. Colorchip.

Here`s my question; my Dr. Colorchip touch ups look great when looking straight on at the front of the hood with my fluorescent light behind me shining towards the front of the car. However, when I look the opposite direction towards the front of the hood which is toward the light, I can easily see all the touchups as they are flat paint and dull compared to the surrounding shiny, factory paint. Is everyone else`s results similar? I installed a 3M clear bra scrap piece on a chip I touched up and I could still make out the Dr. Colorchip flat paint under the plastic. Does anyone dab clear on the touchups to offset the Dr. Colorchip flat paint? I would think dabbing clear on the spots would be counter productive to Dr. Colorchip as you`d easily see a clear dab. Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations from more experienced users?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk