Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    In a nutshell, if durability is as good as everyone says it is, it`s definately a wax I`ll be using often. Overall, it`s application and removal was easy, and it gives a nice reflection.

I just received my package of it today so I ripped it open to find that the wax was like a big glob. It definately did not like being cold! I put it in warm water for about 10-15 minutes to let to come back to normal. As I was using it outside (High 50s *F), it started to become much thicker again.

Application went fairly smoothly. I used a terry cloth applicator since I didn`t have any foam ones. I probably used more product than was required since a lot of it just absorbed into the applicator. I applied it to a third of the car at a time and buffed off with a microfiber towel. It came off easily but left a haze on part of my hood. It was getting dark so I`ll check it out again tomorrow.

From what I could see, it gave more reflection than that deep wet look. I`ll check it out in the sun tomorrow to get a final opinion of it. I can post pictures if you guys want to see it, but I`m a little embarassed of the current condition of my car.

Edit: Fixed grammar error.

-Dacali

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t want to see what my car looks like right now. Snow/sand/salt/oil isn`t friendly to the appearance of a shiny car. :down

I`d like to see pics of yours! And I`m anxious to try IW on my car! My car can use all the help it can get through this awful season we call "winter".
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If you got a haze, just mist with a QD and buff off. You may have put too much on in that area. It`s best to use foam like you mentioned, the terry soaked up more than was needed.

As far as the consistency, yeah it does gel up a bit. I usually put in the sun and it thins out. Once you`ve used a bit more, you`ll have enough room in the bottle so when you shake vigirously, it`ll slosh around enough to thin out.

It`s a wonderful product as far as the results are concerned. The durability, ease of use and non trim staining makes it one of my all around favorites waxes to use especially in the winter.

I recommend putting it on your wheels too so when you clean them, you`ll only need soap and water. It easily withstands the heat buildup better than anything I have ever used. (And no, I haven`t tried Zaino!)
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking that Spilchy. I had AIO/WG on my wheels until I took them off last weekend. Now I`ve just got AIO on them, and they`re waiting in my living room. I`m thinking that I`ll do 2 coats of sealant (maybe SG) and then a coat of 845 on them. That should be plenty I think.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    sup max...here in jersey no snow/salt yet..i have put the collinite on my car, im waiting for 2morrow...i was busy today helping my boy put a 2003.5 mazda speed protege bumper on his car with yellow fogs to match...do you know anyone who would interested max in the pics..hehe...i`ll try and get pics soon

Post Thanks / Like
    As a matter of fact I am interested. I`ll be sure to send some snow and salt your way ASAP.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    You don`t want to see what my car looks like right now. Snow/sand/salt/oil isn`t friendly to the appearance of a shiny car. :down

I`d like to see pics of yours! And I`m anxious to try IW on my car! My car can use all the help it can get through this awful season we call "winter".

I posted some pictures of my car from the past couple of year in another thread. I wish it just salt, snow, and sand on my car! Oh well, detailing is relaxing... at times.

-Dacali

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I take it back. I`d rather have the salt and snow. My Maxima was similar to your car. No bashed-in windshield, but I did have ~$5,000 worth of damage. Yet I managed to sell it for almost the KBB excellent condition value. Who woulda thought? :nixweiss (`95 w/ 167K)
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    As a matter of fact I am interested. I`ll be sure to send some snow and salt your way ASAP.

snow my way :sosad what are you getting snow.... :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    We`re getting freezing rain mixed with snow! Take that! I`m SOOOOO glad I bought snow tires this season.
    Paul...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    tis the season for collinite....and snow

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will be very pleased with the durability of 845. I took some pics of it beading at 4 weeks on an ML430 and was going to again last week at the 8 week point but didn`t bother-because the pics would have looked the same!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    last winter I got 5 months beading out of 845 over colorx-at that point the beading was dying. based on it`s original design use I really have no clue as to how long it really protects for

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that you can put it in the Microwave for about 20 seconds at a time till it thins out.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh-I`m going to hot wax my baby tonight- who knew using collinite could be so sexy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information