Thread: Cherry Wet Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Cherry Wet Wax

On the recommendation of one of the members, I tried some Cherry Wet Wax today, just to check it out. Nothing fancy, just a good wash to prep the finish, although the finish was very good to start with. No clay or polish. I will say that this stuff is VERY easy to use and leaves a great shine with no effort at all. Very non-critical of technique too. It is probably as good as most people need for a one-step product and it seems to have a lot of swirl-hiding fillers, which is great on dark cars. An excellent choice for a fast wash and wax when you`re taking the car out somewhere and don`t have time for a big job. It does not seem to have the optical clarity of UPP, but that`s only in direct comparison. Definitely worth having a bottle around for those quickie jobs.

wayne
    What company did you buy from?
    There are at least a dozen company`s selling CWW, different formulas..., seems there is no "trade mark name" CWW.
    Please keep us informed of the durability too

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine from Coats. I didn`t know there were any others. I probably will never really find out about the durability because i`m always doing something at least once a month. I tried it on a small piece of my neighbor`s dirty red Taurus and it looked pretty decent. She is an old lady and never waxes her car. One day i`ll detail it for her. Why does it have to be red?

Boss_429
    CWW, is a very nice wax............ especially for the price!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace,
    Does Cherry wet wax have any cleaning ability? Or just filling ability?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Coats site, it is supposed to have some cleaning properties, but, from my very limited experience with it, I would probably use a pre-cleaner if the paint was rough. Where I think this stuff shines (no pun intended) is for people who take very good care of their cars on a regular basis who just want to throw on a new gloss in a hurry. It works very quickly over smooth paint. At this point, I regard it as one step beyond a QD spray, but I am going to try it on some older cars in the future. I just don`t know when that will be.

Thread Information