Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just recently finished using most of the Zaino products. I bought the ZFX, Z-PC, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z8 and a few of there applicator pads. I`m rather pleased, but I`ll get into that later . My car is a 2002 Midnight Black Pearl Subaru WRX.

First step was a dawn wash, and wipe dry. I did not claybar my car before using the Zaino line, because I had just recently claybarred about a month ago and didn`t need to do it again.

Well the first thing I tried (of course) was the Z-PC. I was a little skeptical on this product because I haven`t really dealt with abrasive polishes before in the past, so I didn`t know what to expect from it. I used the Z-PC along with a PC 7424 using a 5.5 inch orange pad with a spritz of Z6. All I got were good results. I had no marring after what so ever, just a nice squeaky clean surface that had 80-90% less surface scratches/fine scratches then before :woot: . I had quite a bit of those long fine scratches on my hood and the Z-PC just completely took them out. After I did the hood, I tried it on the trunk and got the same results. I didn`t do the whole car, just because I was a little skeptical on doing the whole car with an orange pad... I may do the whole car again another time with a polishing pad instead, but the orange pad was definetly good for those "problem areas", and in my situation, was the hood and the trunk. The only downside I could find against the Z-PC was the dusting afterwards, but it wasn`t that big of a deal to me, I was too excited with the good results I had with it :dance . If you`re wondering how the Z-PC works by hand, I wouldn`t even bother. I tried it by hand on a small spot first and it did nothing... just buy a PC and save yourself time and frustration :hairpull .

I give the Z-PC a 9/10!

Next I used the Z5 with the ZFX. First of all, the ZFX is a brilliant idea, and it`s great. But I still say Sal should give a completely filled vial of it :grinno: why just give a vial half full? Anyways, after mixing the ZFX and Z5, I gave it a go with my PC on speed 2 with a gray pad... I know what you`re thinking "Why didn`t you apply it by hand or use a blue pad/glaze pad?" Well mainly because I wasn`t too worried about wasting the Zaino and I didn`t feel like applying it by hand when I had just bought the PC a few days ago! Anyways, I applied the Z5 to the whole car like instructed, and let it dry for 30 mins. before wiping off. I couldn`t wait to see how it would come off, and sure enough, it came off extremely easy, no hard wiping down was needed, I used a nice big 100% terry cloth white bath towel. This is a huge plus. Along with that, the Z5 did an extremely good job on "filling in" the spots the Z-PC either missed or couldn`t get to. The Z5 left a nice smooth, shiny surface ready for Z2.

I give the Z5 a 9.5/10. Everything it said it was going to do, it did.

After applying the Z5, I then went over the whole car using the Z6 and a 100% terry cloth towel. The Z6 cleaned up any Z5 that was missed, and really gives the shine that extra boost. The only problem I had with Z6 was streaking! I really couldn`t believe it. I was getting some what frustrated with it because it took longer then I expected to wipe off. Maybe because it was a little cool out, and it was raining, so the humidity may have effected it some, but still, I was a little dissapointed with it.

Cleans up/preps surface for next coat of Z5/Z2, but tends to streak and takes a little more effort to wipe off. I give the Z6 7/10.

Next came the Z2. Like the Z5, I used my PC with a grey pad on speed 2 to apply it. The Z2 is thicker then the Z5, so it takes a little more time to apply it and also more product. I used 1 oz. of Z5 for my whole car, and 1.5 oz. of Z2 my whole car. I found the Z2 harder to spread around, but it was probably because of the grey pad I was using instead of a glazing pad, but it was not that big of a deal. I applied to the whole car, and let dry for 30 mins. Like the Z5, I used a 100% terry cloth towel to wipe it down. It came off easily like the Z5. After that, I went over the car with the Z6 again, and applied another coat of Z2.

I think my hopes were a little too high on the Z2. I was expecting a shine that I couldn`t believe I was seeing :lol . It did not meet to par with my hopes, but I am still extremely pleased with the results of the Z2. The surface is incredibly smooth and still very shiny... the only other thing I have not experienced yet is how long it will last. But all in all, I`m still very pleased. I give it a 8/10.

The last thing I did was apply Z8. Now first of all, the smell of this product is AMAZING . Like the Z6, I used 100% terry cloth towel too apply the Z8. I would spray it on, use one towel to buff/spread it around, then finish with another towel. Again, like the Z6, the Z8 had a streaking problem. It felt like it was taking forever to do the whole car because it took so long to remove the streaks it left. Again, it could have been the weather conditions, who knows. Other then that, the Z8 really does "lock-in" that shine and leaves the surface even smoother and shinier then before.

Nothing beats the smell of this product. And it`s definetely the best detailer I`ve used... but it`s not perfect in my book due to the streaking. I give it a 8.5/10.

CLEAN UP-

I found cleaning the ZFX bottles a real pain, especially the Z2. The Z5 came out pretty easily by just letting some soapy water sit in it for awhile, then rinsing. But the Z2 just won`t clean out. I tried scrubbing it out with soapy water with a toothbrush, but there is still Z2 in one of my bottles all dried and caked up now. Anyone else had this problem?

All in all, I`m very pleased with the Zaino line. Next time I want to try the Z-PC with a polishing pad instead, and instead of using a grey pad to apply Z2/Z5, I`m going to use a glazing pad. Would I buy Zaino products again? The Z-PC, most definetly YES. Z2/Z5/Z6/Z8? Depends. I haven`t seen how long they last yet, nor have I tried the Z2/Z5 with the right PC pad :lol . Don`t get me wrong, I`m still happy with the results I got!

Comments welcome. Thanks!

-Ryan.

*EDIT* PICS ADDED! PAGE 2!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also found the Z2-Pro to be much harder (impossible?) to clean out of the bottles than the Z5 (apparently the old Z2 was more like the Z5 in consistency). I think you will find the durability of the Z2 to be rather remarkable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan,

Nice review... Although, I`m surprised you had streaking issues with the Z6 and Z8. Try using less product.

As for the Z2-Pro in bottles (and applicators)... Yes, you have to get after them quickly and thoroughly, or they will be "toast"!

Of course, that should give you an idea of just how "tough" Z2-Pro is!
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the reviews.

I find Z6 and Z8 to be the best i have ever used, and oddly, Z6 is one of the few QD`s i have that doesnt streak for me.

Z8 doesnt streak either, for me anyways.

I typically dont use a whole trigger squeeze for applying the products. And at half a trigger squeeze i move the sprayer in a quick line for a thin and even mist.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you added ZFX to Z2, you probably don`t have to wait a full 30 minutes before removing if you apply it thinly. When I did my brother`s van, it was in the mid 50s and very humid. I was able to remove Z2 immediately after applying it to the whole van. Wiped right off with very little effort.

After applying it, run your finger across the area you first applied it to. If your finger removes the product without any streaking, you can go ahead and use your towel to wipe off the excess. No need to wait any longer. Might save you some serious time if you are applying 2-3 layers.

I second what Mike said about durability. I may prefer the appearance of some other LSPs but none can beat Z2 Pro for durability.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    DId you use one oz for one coat on a wrx? that is way too thick if you did. one ounce nets me 3 coats on that car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... one ounce is half of one of the ZFX bottles. I can`t see how that is using too much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you liked Zaino.

As a line, IMO nobody comes close to Z. Every once in awhile, I`ll switch to VM/s100 or WG, but then I miss the look of Z2Pro and end up starting my layers all over again:rolleyes

The durability is amazing! Definitely my go-to winter product!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you guys had better results applying by hand or using the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I always apply Z2 Pro with a gray pad on speed 3. Its the only way I`ve been able to get a really thin coat on.

I`ve also found that I have to wait 2 days for the Z8 to give its final look . It seems to increase its gloss after a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears

I`ve also found that I have to wait 2 days for the Z8 to give its final look . It seems to increase its gloss after a few days.

Really? :hm

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone know if I can use Zaino on fresh paint?
    Jason-

In search of the Ultimate "Swirl Free " Finish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan314
    Yeah... one ounce is half of one of the ZFX bottles. I can`t see how that is using too much?

way too much. you are putting it on much too thick, which could be the reason you were having streaking issues. half of a zfx bottle should net you three coats on your subie, including glass and rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, really... What do you use to apply? Hand or PC? If PC, what pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a foam pad by hand, just a basic meguiars one. you could use a terry app by hand as well but it would soak up more. i have done it by pc with a grey sonus finishing pad, but have found it to soak up too much product, which I think it has done to you as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information