Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered this product about a week ago, and when I was reading reviews about it it seemed like it should be a great product. I was a bit skeptical and was thinking that it will not be as good as the websites claimed.

Well, I think it was great and worth the money.

Some people on Autopia were saying that it is not that good, but I am not sure if they actually tried it. It worked with great success on my wheels.

I would say that this product`s advertisement is about 97% accurate, and I say this just on the basis of its cleaning abilities. I ll update you about how it keeps up regarding brake dust buildup and ease of cleaning.

I got it from properautocare.com, and it was 14.95.

Packaging:

It came in a plain black jar. It was decent quality and easy to open and close.

Smell:

It has a vanilla / banana smell. I thought that it was ok, not overpowering and pleasant.

Application:

It was very simple to apply and hazes fairly quickly. Simple wipe on with a terry cloth applicator.

Cleaning ability:

As you will see in the pictures it does a very good job. It cleaned most all of the brake dust that the wheel cleaner didn`t get and it also took about 95% of the hard baked stuff. Removed tar without a problem as well. It did not remove some of the small black dots on the wheel. These, I will have to try to remove with a clay bar, but sometimes that even does not help.

Removal:

This was the only thing that kinda was hard. I had to go over it a couple of times with a microfiber towel, and sometimes small patches/ lines stayed that I had to go back and rewipe.

Also, if you get it on the tire, it sticks and leaves a white residue as you will see form the pics. But I think I will be bale to remove it when I apply some tire gloss.

Overall I would say that this is a great product and it cut out alot of time from doing the wheels. I used to spend 1 hour a wheel, with claying, polishing and waxing. Now it takes me about 15 min per wheel with Wheel Wax.

I will probably try the claybar again, but if you keep up your wheels (which I have not been able to do since i moved to the appartment complex) this product is sufficient.

Herer are the pics:

BEFORE (This is the left fornt wheel, but the right lokked exactly the same, all the other pics are from the left front)

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

On this last pic, you will see the small black dots, they are kinda rough and hard to remove. We will see if the clay bar removes it.

****UPDATED PORTION****

Like I promised, here are the picture after two weeks and about 600 miles of driving.

FRONT WHEEL

REAR WHEEL

The front was dirty, but with soap and water it came rihgt out.

The rear wheel got mostly clean with just water. I still needed soap though.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does a pretty good job on my wheels too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    It is probably my favorite product i own. And you are right, most people here talk down upon it but have most likely never tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it holding up against brake dust so far? If you haven`t had enough time to test it, then you need to drive harder. lol I was thinking of adding some to my next order, just to see if it will reduce brake dust. Also can you use it on painted wheels?
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a good product but I like Poorboys product a bit better. I find it lasts longer and is a shade shinier.

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget the tip to mist some plain water on the wheel afterwards and then buff. Really brings out the shine. This on the jar with the directions.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it and didn`t like it. I`ve actually tried it TWICE and both times gave the jar away. IMO it has absolutely no advantage over any other protectant for wheels. It does smell nice. My wheels looked great, but they would look great if I cleaned them and DIDN`T put Wheel Wax on them; or if I washed them and put S100 or NXT or Zaino or #26.

Just a different perspective, another data point for someone to consider when thinking of buying.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use them on painted wheels, yes. Any kind of wheel I believe. They don`t look any better than any other protected wheel perhaps, but the durability is king, nothing I have tried compares.

Here they are on a set of my painted wheels:

Post Thanks / Like
    It lasted about a week to 10 days on my wheels.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again the reviews by Autopians here are very mixed.

I would like to try out this product. I currently use PB wheel sealant but I have to clean well with AIO before its application. It seems Wheel Wax will Illiminate the the Aio step which will save lots of time. I just have read so many mixed reviews I`m not sure If I should order it. :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently use PB wheel sealant but I have to clean well with AIO before its application. It seems Wheel Wax will Illiminate the the Aio step which will save lots of time.

You don`t need to AIO before PB if your wheels are in decent shape. I don`t think Wheel Wax eliminates the AIO step either. For both, AIO is an added step that may or may not be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBarou
    You don`t need to AIO before PB if your wheels are in decent shape. I don`t think Wheel Wax eliminates the AIO step either. For both, AIO is an added step that may or may not be done.

From what I understand PB has no cleaning ability, therefore AIO cleans before applying the PB sealant.

Wheel wax, from what i understand cleans very well and then seals??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Intercooled
    From what I understand PB has no cleaning ability, therefore AIO cleans before applying the PB sealant.

Wheel wax, from what i understand cleans very well and then seals??
    I think what he meant was that it still doesn`t clean as well as AIO and with dirty wheels you should still use the AIO to properly clean and prep. The pictures show that the Wheel Wax doesn`t clean up everything.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    The wheel wax does not clean up everything. Pontman is right. You can seeon the pics that there are some things left.

I used to clay, polish and wax my wheels at least every 6 months. I would also do the polish and wax every 3 months, about.

Since i moved, got a new job, and live in an appartment complex, it has been hard to keep up with the regular maintenance.

For my purposes, wheelwax does a great job of cleaning and shining up the wheels. I will also have to try the water mist method to get more shine.

I have about 300 miles on the car with Wheel Wax on and the wheels look fine. I cannot compare it the before shots because i do not remember how the brake dust accumulation was before.

I will take a picture on 9/12 and let you see how the brake dust issue is, and how easy they are to clean.

When I switch to my winter wheels I will probably end up doing the wheels inside and out with menzerna or z-pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I would add to further the mix, I get about 2.5 months from one application. thats why this stuff floors me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information