Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently recieved a sample, as well as a request for a review of the product at hand.

At first glance, the product is incased in a normal looking bottle, and doesn`t stand out. Its somewhat hard to dispense the product onto your applicator pad due to no dispenser top, only a locking spin off top. Bottle appearance is easy on the eyes, with a clear bottle, and red writing which describes the product to a tee.

Instructions:

"Always apply No.845 Insulator Wax to a clean surface. if the surface is soiled or deteriorated, use Collinite No.840 Colour-Up Cleaner for cleaning automobile, airplane and boat finishes. Use No.237 Cleaner for cleaning insulator surfaces."

"Product may seperate in warmer temperatures. Apply a thin coat of Collinite No.845 Insulator Wax to clean surface with a clean cloth folded into a pad or synthetic sponge. Allow to dry to a haze and then polish off with a clean, dry, soft cloth to produce the brightest colours with unbelieveable durability."

Description is very blunt and is very easy to understand. Apply thin, wipe off. Easy as pie.

Observations:

Product applies easily, though a little hard to get a even thin coat by hand. I switched to my PC with a LC finishing pad, set to 5 and it worked wonderfully. A thin, quick way to wax the car. Product itself is white and creamy in nature, if not a little bit too thin. (for my liking)

The wax doesn`t show much filling properties on this car, but the blazer benifited from slight filling properties on left over buffer holograms from a recent re-paint.

Final Thoughts:

To conclude, my final thoughts on the wax were very good. Quality of the product is top notch, but durablility tests are still in the works, so I will have to update everyone later on that one.

Here are the final ratings of the product:

Ease of use: 4/5

Durablilty: **to be updated**

Depth: 3/5

Reflection: 5/5

Overall appearance 4/5

OVER ALL SCORE: 4/5

Thanks for reading the review.

I`d mostly like to thank Edmond at No Swirl Polish Detailing in Quebec Canada for the samples of the product. :ca

Here are some pictures of what the paint looked like after using the product.

Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Steve! What about some full car shots?

I eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability. Nothing (other than the other Collinites) comes close to matching it`s longevity. It doesn`t stain trim and is an easy wipe on wipe off wax.

Use it on your wheels too and don`t bother with that wheel sealant stuff.

As far as the cap, just switch out with any shampoo or flip top cap you can get your hands on. Any of your detail supplies that have them will do just fine when you finish up that bottle.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Nice review Steve! What about some full car shots?

I eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability. Nothing (other than the other Collinites) comes close to matching it`s longevity. It doesn`t stain trim and is an easy wipe on wipe off wax.

Use it on your wheels too and don`t bother with that wheel sealant stuff.

As far as the cap, just switch out with any shampoo or flip top cap you can get your hands on. Any of your detail supplies that have them will do just fine when you finish up that bottle.

True enough, but I`m evaluating the product itself, not aftermarket add ons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review, Steve.

I, too, hear IW is a very long laster.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha, fair enough. The cap is a pain in the rear and my suggestion quickly solves the issue. Wouldn`t want someone to be turned off by the product as a result of the cap. Just thought I`d share that little tip.

edit: isn`t this thread posted elsewhere?
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    haha, fair enough. The cap is a pain in the rear and my suggestion quickly solves the issue. Wouldn`t want someone to be turned off by the product as a result of the cap. Just thought I`d share that little tip.

edit: isn`t this thread posted elsewhere?

No, I put a link to it in my click and brag of the full detail. I was just typing out my processses and such, and uploading pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a cap from my Poorboys BNB which comes with a cap and a sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review Steve, if anyone can give a honest review after a proper paint prep it is you.

Wow, that yellow looks wet !, Collinite and American Steel such as the Corvette are made for one another funny you choosed the Vette as the test car !

I usually pour an sufficient amount into one of my dispensers anyways so the the child safety cap is not an issue and adds mystique to my customer and onlookers who don`t know what I`am using ... :har:

eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability. Nothing (other than the other Collinites) comes close to matching it`s longevity. It doesn`t stain trim and is an easy wipe on wipe off wax.

I guess I`am one too, its gotten so bad I started an online business selling Collinite waxes. I know I`am the first in Canada :ca to do so and David at TheBestWax.Com is the other in the US.

I might send Steve a sample of their 476S Super Doublecoat for winter preps to demonstarte what a "real" wax is .

I just got a copy of Guru`s Report on the 476S and it rated almost as tough as Zanio in terms of durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer
    Thanks for the review Steve, if anyone can give a honest review after a proper paint prep it is you.

Wow, that yellow looks wet !, Collinite and American Steel such as the Corvette are made for one another funny you choosed the Vette as the test car !

I usually pour an sufficient amount into one of my dispensers anyways so the the child safety cap is not an issue and adds mystique to my customer and onlookers who don`t know what I`am using ... :har:

eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability. Nothing (other than the other Collinites) comes close to matching it`s longevity. It doesn`t stain trim and is an easy wipe on wipe off wax.

I guess I`am one too, its gotten so bad I started an online business selling Collinite waxes. I know I`am the first in Canda to do so and David at TheBestWax.Com is the other in the US.

I might send Steve a sample of their 476S Super Doublecoat for winter preps to demonstarte what a "real" wax is .

I just got a copy of Guru`s Report on the 476S and it rated almost as tough as Zanio in terms of durability.

I`lll agree to that. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree its great stuff!! :dance
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    IW845 is also among my top favorites for an LSP. Like the others, I hate the original bottle too, but I had some Rain-X Anti-Fog which is crap, so I dumped it out, cleaned out the bottle and now I use it for the IW. The bottle is great for measuring the small amount of IW needed since it spreads so thin.

I`ve noticed that it has no filling or cleaning ability. Whatever flaws your paint has before IW will still be there and visible after the IW.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome review. Thanks for putting that together.... :clap:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability.

Spilchy, I`ll share your brilliant suggestion one more time for the benefit of our new listeners:

AIO >> IW !

N I C E !!

:woohoo:
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.

Spilchy, I`ll share your brilliant suggestion one more time for the benefit of our new listeners:

AIO >> IW !

N I C E !!

:woohoo:

AIO - SGX4 - 476S ... For the win!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information