Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So...WOWO method, or whole car? Going to use this procedure this weekend.... 1Z PP, VM, 845x2, Natty`s Blue! Should be AMAZING on black!

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on how quick you are. You can do the whole car if you are swift enough. Otherwise I recommend a 3 panel cycle. IW spreads amazingly so you can do it with the PC - even, thin, quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does IW need to have a clean surface to bond and get full bonding or is will it last the same if topped over liquid souveran a month old? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Always consider the weakest link concept. Over less durable layers the overall stability may be compromised.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    It depends on how quick you are. You can do the whole car if you are swift enough. Otherwise I recommend a 3 panel cycle. IW spreads amazingly so you can do it with the PC - even, thin, quick.

I use my PC to apply my Insulator, like you said, it spreads incredibly well and the amount it takes to cover an entire car is so ridiculously small that the 13 dollar (give or take) price of a pint bottle is one of the biggest bargains in detailing.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone use Insulator wax on the exterior of their windows? If so, how does it perform and is it easy to apply and remove from glass?
    It`s better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    Is 845 easier to remove than say UPP ?

UPP is one of the easiest out there. 845 doesn`t come close but it isn`t a big effort either. Apply thin and it`ll come off with a swipe.

I apply to the whole car, wait 20-30 minutes and buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bottle of 845 a while back, but had not tried it yet. After washing my wife`s 2005 Scion XA company car, I decided to take 5 minutes and "test" the Insulator Wax on the roof panel. The car is 6 months old, and it had not seen any polish / wax since it left the dealer until I went over the whole car with Mothers Cleaner Wax about 1 month ago (free sample packaged with clay bar... after all, it IS only a company car). The paint was still in decent shape from the cleaner wax, therefore I did not do any other prep work before the IW845.

I gotta say, I really liked the way this stuff applied, and how easy it removed. I cannot wait to try it on my own car. The Scion is dark blue, and this stuff really gave a nice deep shine. I`m anxious to see it on my bright red truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    *BUMP*

11 posts up.

Wanted to know if they still have the Old 845 available anywhere.

Are you guys using the new 845? IS the durability relatively the same? Better?

Your best luck is going to be to call around or even Collinite themselves. I know my cases come date stamped. I have nothing that old. Your looking close to a year now of production. I bet early summer was the last "old" case I had.

I see absolutely no difference in performance, look, smell, nothing. I wouldn`t know the difference and I see it everyday.
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTinVA
    Does anyone use Insulator wax on the exterior of their windows? If so, how does it perform and is it easy to apply and remove from glass?

Your best bet is after you wax the vehicle to use the towel that you remove the wax with to wipe down the windows. Othewise you are sorta wasting the product. That above mentioned method has worked great for me. Puts an invisible coat on from the used towel. :2thumbs:
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer

eat, sleep and breath Insulator Wax. One of my favorites for durability. Nothing (other than the other Collinites) comes close to matching it`s longevity. It doesn`t stain trim and is an easy wipe on wipe off wax.

I guess I`am one too, its gotten so bad I started an online business selling Collinite waxes. I know I`am the first in Canada :ca to do so and David at TheBestWax.Com is the other in the US.

Yep, I agree and my reasons for my site are the same as yours edlancer. Gotta believe in what you sell. I get questions all the time why I don`t sell ALL of Collinite`s products. I sell what I personally use and like. Sorry, but their Leather & Vinyl cleaner/conditioner...... :nervous2:
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

Post Thanks / Like
    I put 845 on my silver Peugeot 307 a couple of weeks ago. The shine is brilliant and seems deep and wet to me. It did go over a few coats of Nattys though. The beading is impresive. I find I use a lot less than I did with Nattys. I will go back to Nattys after the winter. The car has done 2800 miles in all weathers since the IW was applied. I hope to put on another coat tomorrow if the weather is fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    *BUMP*

11 posts up.

Wanted to know if they still have the Old 845 available anywhere.

Are you guys using the new 845? IS the durability relatively the same? Better?

I know this is an old post but I found it while doing a search for "collinite" since I bought a bottle this weekend and wanted to know a little more. I bought it at my local Advance Auto in the Marine section (it`s not in the detailing section) and to my surprise it appears to be the old version. This means its been sitting in the shelf for about a year. It was a gelatinous blob but turned liquid after soaking it in warm water. It seemed to work fine and looks good after a full day of rain yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like the old version to me too

I just got some locally also i havent gotten to compare them yet
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it doesn`t say PASTE it is the old version

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information