Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petp
    noobie question...i currently use s100 and am very happy with the appearance...how does 845 compare in the looks department to s100. im looking for something durable for the northeast winter.

also, can i apply the 845 over the existing wax, or should i dawn wash everything off beforehand?

Try it and convince yourself. Personally, I find them them too close. S100 is a good product, but after I compared it against the 845 my assessment is that S100 is overrated I know a lot of people swear for it, but my personal take on it is "hyped".

One of the reason of why my assesment goes only against S100 and not other carnaubas is based on how it looks. Both S100 and 845 are maybe the most reflective carnaubas. #26 gives a much different look.

You can apply it over existing waxes, just make sure the surface is clean.

In the end, try it and stick with the most pleasing for your eyes.

Alex :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    It also seems to look better after the first wash.

I`ve noticed that with Meguiars #26 as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    last year I had 845 on my car and I put a coat of S100 over it and noticed no difference- IMO the 845 is underrated and the S100 is overrated, but to be fair my car is Navy Blue Mettallic and some claim that S100 doesn`t look the best on blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer
    Heh ...it is coming soon, just give me a chance to take a breath, I have been flooded with e-mails concerning this post ...LoL :ca

I`m glad I could help you out. :woot:
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    476S is the paste version of 845IW and is more durable than 845IW as stated by Collinite`s customer service. Applying 476S and topping with 845IW will give you the best of both worlds, durability and reflective wetness. 476S is not known for its optical qualities, but is king of durability for a carnuaba.

As per Guru Report: Editor`s Choice

Week 2: The beads from this wax is like none other. Absolutely amazing water beading properties. The instant it hits the panel, the water seems to coagulate and form the smallest, deepest beads we`ve ever seen. After 2 full weeks, this wax is beading like brand new, and it actually feels smoother than when we first applied it. It may just live up to its claims of lasting a full year.

Week 4: Still going... unchanged, except it`s lost in some of the "smoothness." No worries, though; it`s apparently protecting like a champ.

Week 6: Virtually unstoppable

Week 7 No Analysis possible due to snow and ice storms

Conculsion: Snow and ice appear to have stunned this super wax, however, we noted it started beading again after week eight - wow ! Would have been Best In Class if it were more available.

"Both the Super Doublecoat Auto Wax and the Marque D`Elegance Wax are real stars when it comes to durability. If it hadn`t been for the snow or ice storm, we truly believe that they would have kepted up with the Zaino in terms of durability. We`ve never seen a carnuaba wax that offered so much protection"

I`am starting to question now if all the waxes in the Guru`s Report were subject to the same climatic conditions based on those wordings ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer

I`am starting to question now if all the waxes in the Guru`s Report were subject to the same climatic conditions based on those wordings ?

According to what I remember from reading the test report(s), all the panels were left outside in the elements.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got 5 months out of 845 last winter in Western Pa outside 24/7 on a pickup-not bad for a carnauba :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to buy some Collinite 845.

Is there anywhere online, where I can get the *OLD" 845 wax before the VOC cmpliance thinger?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok after 3 weeks with 845 im VERY impressed with it. gonna be applying a second coat in a few weeks and then its off to hibernation for the winter.

now my question is...this stuff is so powerful, how the heck do you take it off in the springtime? it says its `detergent-proof`, so im assuming a dawn wash will do nothing to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I imagine AIO would take off. Short of buying some, is there anything else that would take it off? Certain cleaners/polishes? Detergents?

Post Thanks / Like
    just to let you novices (ha,ha) know...i`ve been using IW since 1977. yes, 1977. this stuff has been around along time. it`s a mistery why they don`t push it to the general public. i found out about it from a friend who worked for the power company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder does Terry Lewis use it too ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petp
    ...this stuff is so powerful, how the heck do you take it off in the springtime? it says its `detergent-proof`, so im assuming a dawn wash will do nothing to it?

Dawn doesn`t do much wax stripping anyhow, and it sure doesn`t dent Collinite for me.

Paint cleaners cut right through it though, Meg`s Deep Crystal Step #1, AIO, SRP, stuff like that`ll do it. Or you could use rubbing alcohol. Or you could just let the abrasive (that you`ll probably need after winter anyhow) cut through it, which is what I usually do.

I like #16, but for the winter I put some 476S over top of it (wife`s car, she uses it for long trips). Come spring I just use a mild polish and go back to #16.

I wouldn`t worry too much about pre/post VOC versions of IW. I`ve yet to hear of any issues with the newest version. But then I`m the guy who bought a case of 476S before the change just to be on the safe side

Post Thanks / Like
    Would a touchless automatic car wash remove it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Just try to wash it out from your applicators. I waxed a Fiat Punto with it yesterday. I threw my app into the washing machine - full cycle. Then APC, soap, shampoo and a little bit of vinegar. I rinsed out then sqeezed all possible moisture out from it with terry towels. The I took the moist applicator, and waxed my bathroom mirror with it quite comfortably. That thing is a jaw-dropper.

I must pre-soak my app in IPA + other wonders...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information