Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, with enough shaking you might not even say it`s a *thick* liquid. It gets pretty thin, eventually... not what I`d call "sealant thin" but not as thick as some liquid waxes I can think of either.

Try the warm/hot water thing, that can help a lot.

Oh, and there`s often a plug of pasty wax in the neck of the bottle, push that down into the bulk of the product and shake it up some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I also put mine in a warm pot of water before using, really helps. Awesome wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy

I tried shaking mine up today and it did nothing. Seemed like a paste wax with a little more fluid in it...I just used my finger to grab some and applied it to the finishing pad for use on the PC...

input?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Oh, and there`s often a plug of pasty wax in the neck of the bottle, push that down into the bulk of the product and shake it up some more.

I agree with Accumulator, I also get this plug of thick stuff in the neck.

I think that plug in the neck of the bottle kept you from the liquified portion. I second the suggestion to push the plug into the bottle and shake shake shake. It will become pretty thin and spreads a long long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a screw top on my bottle with a fold out spout. I stand it in water or on a radiator when its cold, then shake well and it can be squeezed out easily onto an applicator or machine pad

Post Thanks / Like
    845 is UNSTOPPABLE. Its super easy to apply. and on a car with little to no imperfections it really shines. Its my go to wax for my outside cars. My Mother`s sparkling silver 07 Civic coupe only sees 845. Apply thin with a PC and buff with a quality MF. Its super durable, that what I like about it. I apply it on my Daily Driver which also sits outside. Garaged cars get S100. I agree S100 is overrated, but for a paste carnuba you can pick up locally its good, I`ve used it for years. I`ve yet to Try any Zaino products, although I would like to. Blitz canuba paste is great too, just make sure you tape up and moulding and non painted surfaces like cowling. Its a Bit*h to remove the excess from plastic with the blitz.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I shook my bottle up for a solid 5-6 minutes and it was more liquid. I think that a ten min shake session might do the trick to get everything all liquid as there was still some chunky stuff. Its been super cold here at night, like 40ish, so maybe that has something to do with it solidifying like a paste wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Can We Delete This Thread? We Know By No That 845 Is One Of The Best Waxes Out There. Hands Down. My Thing Is Its Not To Known Amoung The General Public Outside The Detailing World, And If Someone From Collinate Would Read This Thread What Do You Think Will Happen To The Cost. It Just Goes To Show Not All In Exspensive Products Are Cheap!

Post Thanks / Like
    bufferbarry- Oddly enough, the first people to bring 845 to my attention were *not* guys I`d consider hard-core detailing fanatics.

And IMO, if Collinite wanted to up their revenues they could just put their stuff in more snazzy packaging to give it better shelf appeal. Silly as I find it, I do think that people probably gravitate towards "!NEW! FANCY!" sounding products from companies that sound more impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here a pic of the one layer of 845 on my wife`s Explorer.

I am asking myself why I have all those other LSPs? I don`t see a need to use anything else, 845 looks fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite waxes are hard to beat. Another wax that meets it is Duragloss 105.

Post Thanks / Like

And IMO, if Collinite wanted to up their revenues they could just put their stuff in more snazzy packaging to give it better shelf appeal. Silly as I find it, I do think that people probably gravitate towards "!NEW! FANCY!" sounding products from companies that sound more impressive.

I completely agree. Early on, I didnt give this product the light of day because it looked boring. Over time, I have come to realize thats its one of the most popular products out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can 845 be used on glass and plastic trim as well? How about 476s? I think I read somewhere that 476 should not touch plastic... though not sure how long the stain remains.. If neither, is there a preferable long lasting product for glass / plastic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Seth
    Can 845 be used on glass and plastic trim as well?

Yeah, it can. I`ve never had it stain plastic or trim (at least not that I can recall) and I use if for this on the vehicles that get Collinite. Right now I have it on most of the plastic trim on my `04 DenaliXL.

I don`t LSP glass, but others do.

How about 476s? I think I read somewhere that 476 should not touch plastic... though not sure how long the stain remains..

476S generally works OK on trim and plastic too. I put a base of 845 on first and that might help, dunno for sure. I even used 476S on the exterior rubber of the Volvo 245 wagon I used to have..it looked crappy when it needed redone but that was the only downside.

I *do* employ a W-O-W-O approach when using LSPs on trim though; it`s not really so much a case of this preventing white stains, but it does keep excess product from doing that and it seems to make for a more streak-fee/uniform look

If neither, is there a preferable long lasting product for glass / plastic?

I do find that the Klasse twins are at least as good as 845 and, layered, the KSG lasts longer. Again, I employ a W-O-W-O approach.

VM works well too but doesn`t last all that long (you can top with 845 or 476s).

UPP spray works very well as long as you clean the surfaces first as needed (especially if oxidized). I use this on areas where it`d be a PIA to use conventional products (the plastic cowl at the base of windshields, where the wipers park, is a perfect example). I then refresh it from time to time with more UPP spray (no need to re-AIO) and/or FK425 after every wash.

I also use UPP for this on my S8 and Souveran on the trim of my XJS.

Actually, I only use the conventional ERV dressing approah on the *very* rare occasions when one of these LSPs doesn`t work out, which is almost always a result of worn/weathered trim, which doesn`t always respond as well as trim in good condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it can. I`ve never had it stain plastic or trim (at least not that I can recall) and I use if for this on the vehicles that get Collinite. Right now I have it on most of the plastic trim on my `04 DenaliXL.

I don`t LSP glass, but others do.

476S generally works OK on trim and plastic too. I put a base of 845 on first and that might help, dunno for sure. I even used 476S on the exterior rubber of the Volvo 245 wagon I used to have..it looked crappy when it needed redone but that was the only downside.

I *do* employ a W-O-W-O approach when using LSPs on trim though; it`s not really so much a case of this preventing white stains, but it does keep excess product from doing that and it seems to make for a more streak-fee/uniform look

I do find that the Klasse twins are at least as good as 845 and, layered, the KSG lasts longer. Again, I employ a W-O-W-O approach.

VM works well too but doesn`t last all that long (you can top with 845 or 476s).

UPP spray works very well as long as you clean the surfaces first as needed (especially if oxidized). I use this on areas where it`d be a PIA to use conventional products (the plastic cowl at the base of windshields, where the wipers park, is a perfect example). I then refresh it from time to time with more UPP spray (no need to re-AIO) and/or FK425 after every wash.

I also use UPP for this on my S8 and Souveran on the trim of my XJS.

Actually, I only use the conventional ERV dressing approah on the *very* rare occasions when one of these LSPs doesn`t work out, which is almost always a result of worn/weathered trim, which doesn`t always respond as well as trim in good condition.

Thanks.. Good Information there...

Post Thanks / Like
    still test it on trim, it stains my silverado plastic bumper cap

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information