Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i just have to say 845 is basically bullet proof
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesBlazah
    Looking for some opinions about what should go on first, 476 or 845 I only read one response so far and was just curious as to what everyone else would reccomend..

-AND-

Quote Originally Posted by akimel
    On the principle that the most durable product should be the protective foundation, I would apply 476 first and top it with 845; but I think I recall reading a comment by Accumulator stating that he had had better luck applying 845 first and topping it with 476. Interesting.

Yeah, using 845 as a base for 476S works great for me, and it shows zero evidence of compromising the 476S` durability.

Heh heh, sorry, GeorgesBlazah, if I`d already answered this one, maybe *I* provided that one response you`d already seen

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that beading in the picture a few post above. Thats exactly what my hood looks like, except this morning all the beads froze solid. It was really cool I wish I had taken a picture

Post Thanks / Like
    Ye 845 really will work that well, I put a coat of it on my black car yesterday for the winter

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Collinite 845 for my winter LSP for my daily driver. I applied in in early October and as of today (heavy rain all week) the car still beads relentlessly, This is after the normal crazy weather in the Northeast. rain, some sleet, very light snow. Excellent product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IROC-Z
    Just though I`d throw this in here. I washed and clay bared my hood. I waxed four different sections. I used CMW, PNB, NXT 2, and Collinte 845. I`m going on 3.5 months (with salt on the roads now). The NB is barely beading anymore and appears to be mostly gone. All the rest still are beading great. I thought NXT2 would be the first to go. I guess not.

That`s great durability for ALL of them! :xyxthumbs

Even NB has lasted over 3 months...that`s good going....and seems to duplicate the durability *I* get with LSPs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, using 845 as a base for 476S works great for me, and it shows zero evidence of compromising the 476S` durability.

Heh heh, sorry, GeorgesBlazah, if I`d already answered this one, maybe *I* provided that one response you`d already seen

I do everything backwards.

I use 476S as a base for 845, for a couple reasons...

1. I think 476S is a bit harder to apply/remove than 845. Putting it down as a base coat means I only have to do it once, then maintain it with the easier-to-apply-and-remove 845

2. To me, 476S seems less finicky than 845 as far as adhering to stuff that might be on your paint already. I always try to apply it to completely bare paint, but it seems like I still get better longevity with 476S as a base coat than 845.

3. Please forgive me and my touchless wash talk again, but I get better touchless wash results with the dirt on the 845 rather than the 476; 845 releases surface contaminants quite a bit more willingly than 476 (although 476 isn`t *bad* by any means).
    Likes GAMBIT61 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee364- Guess both ways work fine so it`s a take-your-preference thing rather than right/wrong.

Something I have found convenient about using the 845 first is that it seems to result in less wax build-up around tape stripes/PPF. Sorta like the 845 leaves just enough stuff along the edges of such materials to prevent issues with subsequently applied 476S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure I must have read a negative comment or two about the Collinite waxes at some point on some forum, but if I have, but I honestly cannot recall. These waxes do seem to enjoy an almost unanimous measure of approval across the internet. Even those who decide to use another product for their winter wax (e.g., DG 105 or PK 1000p) typically give Collinite a thumbs up. Such product consensus doesn`t happen very often in the detailing world.

Post Thanks / Like
    @akimel:

I tend to agree. There are obviously other waxes/sealants that provide a deeper gloss/shine. But, I feel that almost everyone who uses Collinite is impressed by its longevity and value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    -AND-

I saw ya did, just wanted to see some more reasons. I did the truck yesterday. 845 waited 30 mins and then applied 476.

Now if I could only find a way to keep water out of the inside of my truck.:hm
    - George

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gle_helle
    Could he soak the bottle in warm water to loosen it up a little?

That works great in the colder weather....

Let it warm up for 3-5 minutes in some warmish hot water.

Love this stuff, cpl coats and your good to go.

Now if they`d improve the smell.

My hands /fingers bead for days in the shower.... LOL:clap:

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reeeko99

Now if they`d improve the smell.

But that`s half the charm of 845!

My hands /fingers bead for days in the shower.... LOL:clap:

I admit that I use latex gloves when applying the stuff. I`ll sniff the stuff but I don`t want it entering into my bloodstream through touch. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I used it for the first time today....

is it supposed to be liquid like? as in similar to megs gold class, poor boys EX, etc?

I tried shaking mine up today and it did nothing. Seemed like a paste wax with a little more fluid in it...I just used my finger to grab some and applied it to the finishing pad for use on the PC...

input?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    ok, I used it for the first time today....

is it supposed to be liquid like? as in similar to megs gold class, poor boys EX, etc?

I tried shaking mine up today and it did nothing. Seemed like a paste wax with a little more fluid in it...I just used my finger to grab some and applied it to the finishing pad for use on the PC...

input?

Mine was like that, kind of chuncky pasty with a little liquid mixed in. Trust me, just shake it hard for several minutes and it`ll turn into a thick liquid, no paste, no chunks.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information