Post Thanks / Like

RaggTopp Cleaner and Protectant Review

After reading rave reviews, I decided to try this product on the tan top of my wife`s Z-3.
    The directions on both the cleaner and the protectant are clear and easy to follow.
    The cleaner comes in a trigger spray bottle and is sprayed on the top, worked in with a soft brush, and then rinsed off with a hose. I cannot say that this cleaned the top any better than a cap full of Dawn or car wash soap in a bucket of water, but it did a good job.
    After letting the top dry completely it was time to use the Protectant.
    It was packaged in an aerosol can. After three applications and allowing the top to completely dry, it did look richer in color.
    The biggest complaint about this product is the application by the aerosol can. There was protectant mist on the windshield, rear window, side windows, and a few other places. Fortunately I cleaned and treated the top prior to polishing and waxing the paint
    At a price of 24.95 for the kit (I figure I can get three applications), this makes the cost about 8.35 an application.
    BMW has a liquid product I have used in the past ... it is diluted in water and applied to the top with a sponge and allowed to soak into the fabric. The cost is 30.00 for four applications or 7.50 per application.
    The BMW product produces slightly better results with less mess and lasts a year or more on the top.
    We will see what the durability is with Ragg Topp.
    My Impression ... I am slightly disappointed with this product, but will use it up and go back to my old method.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RaggTopp Cleaner and Protectant Review

Thank you for the review Kim. I have been using the Porsche convertible top cleaner, but I`d been considering giving the RaggTopp product a try after seeing some good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the BMW roof fabric or Vinal?

Reason I ask is I have tried 303, and PB`s Natural Look (for my Mustang Top which is Vinal) Both work well ... I just have to make sure the Natural look fully dries before it rains other wise my car looks like a oil slick.

I have been considering Ragtop I think im going to stay with what I got after reading your review!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Focusedonsound,
    I should have been a little more specific. It is a tan fabric convertible top.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Thread Information