Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a big CG order in last week, and I don`t have the writing ability to pen out a big reply, so heres the short and narrow of it. I`m not gonna speculate on which products are similar to those of "other manufacturers". You`ll just have to put in a CG order yourself to find out .

CG Clay: Very elastic, consistency of a Charleston Chew. I love it, seems to go a lot farther than Mother`s. What can I say, its clay, and it gets the job done.

Blue rim cleaner - A dissapointment as a rim cleaner. Compared to Poorboy`s S+G, Durachem, etc, it is a very poor rim cleaner. However, it is the single best whitewall and well cleaner that I have used, for tires it is up there with Westleys, and for wells, it beats out even the venerable Castrol SC.

Detail Spray (pink stuff): Smells great, sun friendly, dirt cheap. My new goto DS, at half the price of most detail sprays. I still keep a little Spray + Gloss around for shows, etc, but this is my favorite all around spray. Its a pretty solid clay lube too.

CG clay lube - does what its supposed to, what else can I say. I got a half gallon with my order, its nothing special, but it works exactly as advertised.

Oil based extreme shine dressing - unfortuneatly, the guy infont of me in the queue ordered 40,000 dollars worth of this. So I`ll have the review when I get it .

Microfibers - I got a box of the 25X16 MFs. Moderate nap, great LSP towel. Very similar to some others in my arsenal, at less than 2 bucks per MF. A definete keeper, I am pretty sure that all my MF orders will go through CG`s in the future. Only knock is that they have labels, which I tore off without reading. They probably say "glad you didn`t pay retail ".

Overall, I have been very happy with the Chemical Guys. Their customer service has been first notch, in referance to the Extreme Shine issue, and their products are on par with pretty much any of the "boutiquey" brands. At an average of 20 bucks a gallon, CG stuff is a no-brainer for the serious pro. If only they offered an acid-based wheel cleaner, their lineup would be complete. One could easily run a company using only CG products, and the results would be nothing to scoff at.

P.S. the nicest thing about their customer service is the way they treat everyone equally. I only order 2-300 a month from them, tops, but they treat me like I`m their biggest account (some of whom buy 100 times what I do). Same goes for Poorboy`s World,while I`m on the topic of customer service. I cannot say the same for some other vendors (you know who you are, and you are going to regret denying me overnight shipping on YOUR mistake).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s good enough to get the point across. You should call and talk to them as they DO have an acid based wheel cleaner. I just looked at the site and saw the "Red Hot" is also a wheel cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review I just got to use up some other stuff and ill be ready for my chemical guys order! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reviews. I also love the Spray and Wax QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    You should call and talk to them as they DO have an acid based wheel cleaner. I just looked at the site and saw the "Red Hot" is also a wheel cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide.

If you mean that Red Hot is acid-based, sodium hydroxide is a caustic (base), not an acid.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have to throw in my .o2 cents for the spray and wax. Got a sample from John and ordered a gallon the same day. IMHO it cleans like SW and shines like DS. Can`t be beat for the price.
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    If you mean that Red Hot is acid-based, sodium hydroxide is a caustic (base), not an acid.

My bad. So it`s like peroxide?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the name of the manufacturer Warner Chemical and Chemical Guys one of a few of their commercial websites?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think so, a few of the bottles had Warner labels on them. Warner`s site doesn`t seem to offer some of the stuff that the Chemical Guys do, though.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Some products are called by the brand Chemical Guys and others, not offered by them, are by Warner Chemical?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Sodium Hydroxide is one of the ingredients in drain cleaner. EO A2Z is another example of a caustic cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

No, acid based means it has an acidic base.

Weak acid vs. Strong acid is used by me here to indicate the classic chemical classification used for acids. It does not mean hydrofluoric, phosphoric, or oxalic acids are any less physically potent or less dangerous acids.

Common weak acids- hydrofluoric, acetic (vinegar), phosphoric, oxalic...

Common strong acids- hydrochloric, nitric, sulfuric...

A peroxide as in hydrogen peroxide is not an acid. It is considered an oxidizer. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the edumacation.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Hydrofluoric acid is not a "weak" acid. It happens to be one of the more insidious ones because it can be painless at point of entry and continue until if finds some calcium (your bones) to neutralize it. It`s also one of the few acids that can`t be stored in glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Hydrofluoric acid is not a "weak" acid. It happens to be one of the more insidious ones because it can be painless at point of entry and continue until if finds some calcium (your bones) to neutralize it. It`s also one of the few acids that can`t be stored in glass.

Sorry, I should have qualified the "weak vs. strong" acid statement.

In the true chemical classification of acids, HF is considered a weak acid because it ionizes only slightly in dilute aqueous solutions. Strong acids by definition ionize completely, or very nearly completely, in dilute aqueous solutions.

Although technically HF is considered a "weak" acid-- You are correct to point out that HF is very dangerous. It is routinely used to etch glass!

As with any potent chemical cleaner that could be an acid or a base, it is common sense to avoid contact with skin, mucous membranes, eyes, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information