Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds Car Wash Review

I decided to evaluate this product today since I have wayyy too many washes to review and I had a few nice candidates. It was about 35* out when I did the washes and I don`t think there was really any effect on the product testing.

I used my hose to hose down 3 different vehicles. The first vehicle, my teg, was detailed about a month ago and washed weekly since then with QEW and/or Poorboy`s S+W. The surface was lightly soiled from the recent post snow storm salt fest on the roads. The second vehicle, my brother`s GTP, was detailed back in June with UPP which was still present on the surface, but lacked any slickness. His car was moderately dirty from the same storm. The last vehicle, my mom`s new Silverado, was waxed by the dealer (dealer prep, but no buffing thank god) 2 weeks ago. This one was EXTREMELY soiled.

Anyways, I hosed down, then filled my 2 gallon buckets up. The first bucket contained 2 gals warm water mixed with 1 oz. (as directed) of PB SS&S. The second bucket was 2 gals of warm water. I used 2 genuine sheep skin mitts that were cleaned with a MF wash (soaked in and rinsed). Prior to this, they were used for only 5 washes. The mitts were in "like new" shape.

I did a standard 2 bucket wash, flipping the mitt for each 4-6 strokes per panel, rinsing out, then repeating. The feel was VERY slick on all surfaces. On the 2 recently detailed vehicles, it felt like the mitt was floating over the surface, even with a large amount of soil on the surface. Even the GTP which was detailed 6 months ago, was a piece of cake to wash. I used only the pressure of the mitt weight and only needed to double pass a couple of the lower panels on the Silverado.

The wash had very nice cleaning abilities, but didn`t feel too strong. I evaluated this by how my hands felt afterwards. With harsher washes, I notice my hands dry out and get a touch chalky. I moisturize twice a day and this lets me know if the wash is pulling the oils out (kinda like stripping wax). It left no residues behind and allowed the surface to bead up showing the LSP`s true properties. Once dried, the surface felt pretty slick on my teg and the silverado. It gave me the feeling of a relatively gentle wash, but effective. The sun was poking in and out all day and when it poked out I evaluated each surface. There were no added marrs in the paint...BIG PLUS!

Overall, I like the wash very much. I would place it ahead of Mother`s Gold and NXT Wash for effectiveness (slicker, rinse free of residue, cleans well but still feels gentle).

For value:

PB SS&S..........$15 for 32 oz............$0.47 per wash
    NXT.................$7 for 64 oz..............$0.22 per wash
    Mother`s Gold.$4 for 64oz................$0.13 per wash

This is where it gets killed. At more than half the price for NXT and about 1/4 of the price for Mother`s Gold, I will continue to use them for my customers vehicles that are washed prior to a full detail. For weekly washes, this wash is a definite possibility. I liked how absolutely easy it was to use and how it glided over the surface, ultimately leaving no residue and a continued slick surface.

Here are a couple pics of it`s power:

Before

After

Comments/Questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds Car Wash Review

Nice review Sean. I`ve been debating on getting PB`s SS&S, the price being the main reason for not buying it. (I`ve been happy with every other PB product thus far) The Gallon size comes out to ~$.31 per wash ($40 / 128 oz) Which still puts it higher than the NXT and the mother`s. Do you see yourself switching to it over the NXT wash?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCBuddha
    Nice review Sean. I`ve been debating on getting PB`s SS&S, the price being the main reason for not buying it. (I`ve been happy with every other PB product thus far) The Gallon size comes out to ~$.31 per wash ($40 / 128 oz) Which still puts it higher than the NXT and the mother`s. Do you see yourself switching to it over the NXT wash?
    Make sure to try the 4 star ultimate wash before you decide on what high end wash to get a gallon of....
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried PB`s SS&S the other day after receiving my BIG box of stuff from SMP with a new real lamb`s wool wash mitt. The car was lightly soiled and I used the standard 2 bucket method. Slick is definately the word for this product. Very silky glide when washing, not too much suds and excellent rinse off. Felt great on the hands as well. Car was immaculate ( sorry, no pics). I had been using NXT, which is about gone and will use up doing wheels/tires as a prewash. I don`t mind the extra cost as I do only my own two vehicles and detailing is a new hobby with extremely practical benefits. I simply loved the feel and function of the product. Excellent job!

Post Thanks / Like

nice review as always sean. maybe i should start using some moisturizer too!
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

GSRstilez, great review. I appreciate it.

I have a question, though. I have always been taught to detail the car in the shade, as direct sunlight will just hamper the process. Your photos show that the truck was washed under no roof. Does that mean that it would be okay for me to do it that way? Was I taught incorrectly?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll only use SSS on my personal vehicles, my next order will be for a gallon. It`s pricy but it`s worth it. .50c per wash is still $1 cheaper than the local coin op. I`ve been washing with SSS since it first came out. My truck has never seen any type of swirl removal since I first bought it and 6 months later after just waxing, there is VERY minimal swirls. (2-3 cobwebs seen in direct sun light) I believe washing introduces the most swirls so what ever is in SSS, really help reduce them.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I mentioned, I still have a few washes to try out before giving the green light to anything for full time. I will be sure to report back once the decision is made.

madman: I wish I had that luxury ...We are lucky here in NY to have rather soft water...couple that with a higher quality wash, and water spots are not a risk. I work quickly and have honestly never had a problem with the sun at all. If needed I will hose down the car a little extra if it`s very hot out to get the surface temperature down.

shotime: I agree. In the end, the extremely user friendliness may prevail, but not until I test the rest of the bunch

Thread Information