Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave this stuff a try today on my Cobra. I have always used EX-P as my go to sealant but I wanted a little more depth. Also, since I heard it was a fantastic wax I just wanted to give it a shot. I picked up a jar at Autozone for 99 cents so I can`t really complain about any of the downsides lol. I like the large amount of wax that came in the jar, but I felt the container was a bit awkward and made it difficult to use the supplied applicator. The wax is too deep in the jar to spread on the applicator. I guess I always preferred the S100 and Pinnacle jars.

As far as application, the product went on easy enough in thin coats, probably not as easy as other paste waxes I have used though. I don`t know how to describe it, but the applicator just didn`t like to glide across the paint. I could feel some resitance in the applicator as I applied it to the paint (and my finish was slippery smooth before I waxed). Removal was much more difficult than the application process. Though it was not extremely difficult, it just did not have the ease of removal that I am spoiled with (Natty`s, S100, Paste Glaz, CMW). I did one panel at a time and removed after it hazed. I also tried removing it immediately after it was applied, but it really made no difference. It almost reminded me of removing S100 that had hazed for just a little bit too long. Removal wasn`t a bear, but it did take much more effort than I expected.

Now to the looks of this wax. I really LIKE the end result! The paint looks very deep and warm. My zinc yellow almost looks darker. I really think this wax gave my paint a darker glow. I bet it would look spectacular on a well prepped black or red vehicle! :xyxthumbs

It is not as wet looking as say Paste Glaz or CMW, but I truly like the deep and dark look. It is a very nice warm glow. Reflections are not as sharp as EX-P alone or with S100; it is much softer.

Hopefully as soon as my new Top of The Line Bubble Bath wash arrives I will be able to check for beading. I was a bit disappointed that I lost some of the slickness after I did my final wipe down of the car. A little QD seemed to help some, but still not as slick as it was with just the prepped surface and EX-P. Slickness and ease of use are my biggest concerns, so I don`t know if this will be a wax I would buy again (at least not for the going retail rate, can`t complain about my deal though!).

I will definitely try it again on my other cars, but the durability would be the only way it would save itself in being used on the Cobra again. Like I said, I LOVE the look (almost reminds me of what my car looks like under artificial light at night), but visual qualities are not everything to me.

I will try to snap a couple pics tomorrow morning to post up. It was just too dark tonight to get any.

Summary:

Packaging- Poor

Ease of Application- Fair

Ease of Removal- Fair to Poor

Looks- Very good to Excellent

Slickness- Fair

Beading- We shall see!

Durability- We shall see!

Price- Outstanding (99cent Autozone special!)

Up next, my review of UPP, Z2 Pro, and #16!!!

I also have a sample of N100 I need to try (Natty`s + S100 mix)

-Bryan

Comments and your own opinions regarding this product are greatly appreciated!
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why slickness is one of your two main concerns (as opposed to the look)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it regularly, but dread using it. It looks awesome and lasts a long time, but no matter how thin I get the coat it is a SOB to get off. But it has the look I love.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried applying #26 via PC. I think I`m going to use a gray pad and the PC for my detail this week. Maybe this will provide even and thin distribution allowing for easly removal.

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my black 03 Xtreme with #26 over EX-P and it was no fun getting off! I used a little spray of QD on the pannels I was doing and it helps out the arm a little. Looks great afterwards though!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used gallons of #26 over the years. I switched form paste to liquid a few years back.

I find that applying it via the PC makes removal SOOO much easier. I also remove it with a MF bonnet, probably the only LSP that I do this with EVERYTIME.

Slickness will also improve in 24 hours, but I find it slicker than EX-P even upon initial removal. :nixweiss It`s also more durable than EX-P *for me* in my climate.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    #26 liguid is easy to apply and remove and has great depth- I find that topping with NXT booster gives it better gloss

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 is not easy to remove and it can darken lighter colored cars but its an above average OTC product.

S100 has a much better look and application in my opinion for only a few bucks more.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply #26 by PC ,pouring very thin ring. It`s better than using by hand. I have no problem removing it.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    S100 might look better but I seriously doubt that S100 is as durable and provides the same level of protection as #26-IMO that is an apples to oranges comparison-IMO no pure carnauba wax can be directly compared to a blended mostly synthetic product

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 has been easy to remove for me over the years and that applies to both liquid and paste. Wonder why the different experiences???
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, and I say that I prefer the look of #26 to that of S100! But, the weight of Autopian opinion is against me, so take that for what it`s worth. Silver Lexus; OTC? I dunno, Gold Class is OTC maybe, #26 is Professional. But it`s a minor point, I understand what you meant; available by walking into a place.

#26 liquid is a PC on/PC off product. I`ve thought about using the PC wrench as a butter knife to spread the paste, but I haven`t done it yet.

I`d say working with #26 paste is probably like working with SG; if you can see it, it`s too thick! Maybe not quite that bad, but you get the picture.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by J.J.

Has anyone tried applying #26 via PC. I think I`m going to use a gray pad and the PC for my detail this week. Maybe this will provide even and thin distribution allowing for easly removal.

JJ

I guess I should clarify my statement above by adding, I meant #26 paste wax.

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    COBRyan, nice input :up Like you, I couldn`t pass up the opportunity to re-acquant myself with this wax, when priced at $.99. My experience with the wax was very similar to yours.

I applied the wax over a finish which had recently had a third application of Poorboy`s EX (old version). Application on this surface was very easy, though I believe I understand what you meant about "surface drag" by the applicator. I applied #26 experimenting with the application/removal process by first using a WOWO approach and then by applying 2 panels at a time. I quickly determined that the 2-panel approach made removal quite a bit easier. Overall the process was so easy, I decided to add a second application @ a week later.

As for the results, #26 appeared to reduce both the gloss and the surface "slick" of the EX. The surface does have a very nice glow about it, especially in low light. The car has gone through several rain events, a couple of washes, and a 500+ mile road trip. Beading has been very good.

Highlights:

O Price - $.99 --- Wow!

O Ease of application

O Appearance - If you like a lower gloss

Lowlights:

O Removal - requires a bit of arm/shoulder action than other sealants or liquid waxes

O Appearance - If you like a high gloss

O Slickness - My paint felt smooth, but definitely not slick

Questions:

O Durability

As I worked on the removal of #26, I tried a couple of things that seemed to make things go a bit easier:

O Using at least two MF towels, make a first swipe with towel (A) - I used Patrick`s Edgeless gold 16x16. I like the shorter nap and IMO worked better than my other terry MFs for removing this wax.

O QD spritz

O Wipe with fresh towel (

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr. Clean

COBRyan, nice input :up Like you, I couldn`t pass up the opportunity to re-acquant myself with this wax, when priced at $.99. My experience with the wax was very similar to yours.

I applied the wax over a finish which had recently had a third application of Poorboy`s EX (old version). Application on this surface was very easy, though I believe I understand what you meant about "surface drag" by the applicator. I applied #26 experimenting with the application/removal process by first using a WOWO approach and then by applying 2 panels at a time. I quickly determined that the 2-panel approach made removal quite a bit easier. Overall the process was so easy, I decided to add a second application @ a week later.

As for the results, #26 appeared to reduce both the gloss and the surface "slick" of the EX. The surface does have a very nice glow about it, especially in low light. The car has gone through several rain events, a couple of washes, and a 500+ mile road trip. Beading has been very good.

Highlights:

O Price - $.99 --- Wow!

O Ease of application

O Appearance - If you like a lower gloss

Lowlights:

O Removal - requires a bit of arm/shoulder action than other sealants or liquid waxes

O Appearance - If you like a high gloss

O Slickness - My paint felt smooth, but definitely not slick

Questions:

O Durability

As I worked on the removal of #26, I tried a couple of things that seemed to make things go a bit easier:

O Using at least two MF towels, make a first swipe with towel (A) - I used Patrick`s Edgeless gold 16x16. I like the shorter nap and IMO worked better than my other terry MFs for removing this wax.

O QD spritz

O Wipe with fresh towel (

You and I had very similar impressions :up

Thank you everyone for your input as well. I am glad I am not the only one who had difficulties in the removal step. I am going to go outside in a little bit and see if slickness may have improved over time like another poster suggested. Just by looking out my front window, I can tell the paint isn`t as glossy as it usually is. But she does look pretty clean

I usually never use QD while waxing, but it saved my butt with the #26 (even though it didn`t make a huge difference).
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information