Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Microtex (Calderon) Plush MF Drying Towel (23.5" x 40")

Packaging: The MF did not come packaged in any kind of plastic protection. It had a cardboard style wrapper in the middle of the folded towel. I really gave it the eye when I was picking one out as to make it sure it didn’t look like it had a bunch of trash or debris in it from shipping or handling in the store.

Price: $6.84 USD.

Directions: The directions were on the backside of the cardboard wrapper. Pretty much just how to care for the MF towel, plus a little info on what the MF is.

The Towel:
    Made by Microtex (Calderon Textiles). They have some of the smaller towels at Wal-Mart made by the same people that I use for doorjambs and under the hood area. I was not expecting much considering I had already used the smaller MF’s and wasn’t impressed. It’s made in Korea and is a 70/30 blend. A big MF at 23.5” x 40”. It is super plush on one side, and on the other side it is a finer weave. It almost reminds me of a window cleaning towel on the non-plush side. I don’t know if it is made that way to clean windows or not, but it worked out fine that way for me. Plush side only on paint!! The edge is stitched in MF (I assume) as it passed the cd scratch test. I gave this a thorough washing out of the box with a little Woolite first (with vinegar in the rinse) and then again without detergent. It soaked up a LOT of the wash water. Dried it until it was almost completely dry, and then let it finish by “air drying.” I did a quick wash on my vehicle (Tacoma Double Cab) with the Four Star Wash, rinsed using the flood method. Not a lot of water left, so I got the Microtex Drying Towel and began drying off. I was amazed at how much water this towel was sucking up. After finishing my truck, I probably could have dried two more vehicles with this towel. It didn’t even feel wet!! Left no streaking or linting that I could see. I was very impressed with the quality of this towel. The one drawback I really don’t like is the huge tag that’s sewn into the hem. It took a long time to remove it with a razor and toothpicks. It was really in there good. But I say you gotta get rid of it. It’s so big and it’s hard. I would imagine it will mar the paint very easily. Remove the tag!!!!

The Verdict: My expectations were greatly exceeded after using this towel. I will probably go buy a few more, as it’s a steal at just under $7. Just make sure to pick them like you do the Eurow wash mitts. Go over them very carefully, as there is no “protection” on them. And don’t forget to remove that tag. For the price and the local availability, this towel is a “can’t miss.”
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Microtex (Calderon) Plush MF Drying Towel (23.5" x 40")

Good review, Jared. You say Wal-Mart has these? I`ll check it out tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Wal-Mart has them, in the auto section. Next to the other towels, probably on one of the bottom shelves.

Post Thanks / Like

K....I was just at Wal-mart 2 days ago and they only had the small ones, so I`ll check out the giant Wal-mart in the next town over

Post Thanks / Like

Picked it up today. Washed it, then did a quick rinse w/vinegar. Drying now, I`ll let you know how I like it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh BTW, this towel is the same material as the ExcelDetail.com blue 16x24`s and the Viking drying towels

Post Thanks / Like

Target sells the same towel but it costs slightly more. Pretty nice towels...have three of them.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had 5 of these for quite awhile. They are big, and at a good price. Great review.

Post Thanks / Like

i have 5 of these towels and like them alot TARGET is $1 more then WALMART.They are a lot better then the 5 small ones that they sell in the shelf below.(the blue and white ones)

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think those small ones are made in Korea....maybe China. Like I said, it`s a similar towel to the Exceldetail.com 16x24 (which looks alot like the Viking 16x24 drying towel), with different size and stitching. BTW, I`ve used the Excel towels for awhile now, and the thinner side doesn`t scratch....so I wouldn`t be afraid to use both sides of this towel

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I washed my car.....my experience was very similar. Is it just me, or does this towel blow away waffle weaves completely?

Usually I need 2 towels to get a spot free finish, this thing was just a little damp at the end and the whole car was spot free

Post Thanks / Like

Just you.

My waffle weaves are smaller than the Microtex drying towels and regardless of the towel, I have to use two for a completely dry car.

Still a great towel though.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe my WW`s are just getting old

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZ28
    Ok I washed my car.....my experience was very similar. Is it just me, or does this towel blow away waffle weaves completely?

Usually I need 2 towels to get a spot free finish, this thing was just a little damp at the end and the whole car was spot free
    I don`t like waffle weaves the few times I have used them. I`d rather use a towel such as this. Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! I`ll have to keep my eye out the next time I`m in a Target or Walmart.

Thread Information