Thread: Victoria Wax QD

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Victoria Wax QD

First off- This stuff doesn’t seem to separate! I’ve had a bottle sit-untouched-for a few weeks, and there is no discernible separating. I was surprised. It does say to shake well before and during use, though.

Package/label:
    The bottle comes in a sealed plastic bag, has a flip top cap, and a plug in the neck under the cap. I’m thinking they don’t get too many “spilled in transit” complaints.

The sprayer is nice. White, “infinite adjustable” nozzle, long tube. Tube is actually too long for the size bottle I got (half size 8 oz.), but either bending the tube or cutting it makes it work fine. Sprays at a higher volume than some others. (not a flood, mind you. More like a wide spray as opposed to a fine mist on the “mist” setting.) Made in Taiwan.

Label is black background, “chrome” lettering. Classy! :naughty

Bottle looks like it could be a pop bottle. Clear, enough neck so that the sprayer trigger didn’t squish my hand, and fairly well balance when holding, while at the same time not too top heavy (tipsy) when set on the ground/table.

Instructions:
    Basically use it the same way you’d use other qd’s. Spray (on cool surface), wipe with soft cloth and gentle pressure., 1 section at a time.
    Says made for use with carnauba wax.
    Says it works on smudges, fingerprints and bird droppings. No mention on the bottle of use on dusty surfaces.
    Web site says it can be used as a clay lube.

Mfg. claims: (from web site)
    Says it contains optical clarifiers and gentle cleaners.
    I’ve used it after a "proper" wash, after a coin op spray cleaning that didn’t get all the dirt off and left a film, and a day after a wash (light dust) (Not all in the same week). In all instances, the qd restored slickness and shine without any appreciable marring (black car). Left car looking well cleaned.

“Highly recommended for fast cleaning dust, water spots and light soil from the surface, all without scratching.”
    No mention of dust capabilities on the bottle, but does so on the site. I found that the qd seems to dry much faster than most qd’s I’ve tried. For this reason alone, you should work on small sections at a time. Ex.-1/2 of a door, not the whole door..
    No notice of marring thus far, and I used it to remove some dust and leftover wash film. Water marks come off, but seem to need to be wetted, rather than “barely misted” as you might with something like S+W.

“Will not streak, smear, haze, dull or leave a film.”
    In my trials thus far, I have gotten a film left if I do too large of a section, as it seems to dry very quickly. It goes away after being re-wiped with a dampened cloth. Found it a little finicky on “turns.” Left “smudges” when changing directions. Went away after the final buffing, though. It looks like there is a bit of technique/experience needed to know just the right time to switch from the “damp” cloth to the dry buffing. Not that it’s terribly tough to figure out, mind you. It actually might make you look more professional/skilled if you let someone else use it that isn’t familiar with it after they saw your reslts.

Value:
    $11.25 for 8 oz. or $18.00 for 16oz....Canadian $.
    For an online price, when comparing US exchange/duties, this is not a bad price, especially for Canadians. If you don’t care about subtle nuances and are looking at price only, something off the shelf might be better suited for you. (But why would you be here if you didn’t care, right?)
    I have used less than an ounce per time. I’m guessing that I could do 12-14 cars (compact) with the 8 oz. bottle.

Ease of use:
    I’ve already commented on most of the ease or lack of. Dries quickly. Smears etc. are easily wiped away with a damp cloth followed by a dry one. Would recommend having 2 cloths available for this. I’d say average ease. Not too tough, but not entirely foolproof either. And yes, this fool was proving it.

Safety:
    No special precautions were noted nor used.

Traits:
    Milky white, watery, candy scented (licorice?). Doesn’t leave a film on the inside of the bottle. Dries quickly.

Over all, another nice QD in my arsenal. I would suggest that you mist the cloth first, then the car, then wipe/buff, then when it seems dry, do the final buffing. Dry buffing of streaks/smears doesn`t work too well, in my (limited) experience with this qd. I don’t know how long the slickness might last, as the weather here now isn’t the best for this sort of test. No mention of any protection (against environmental onslaught, UV damage, or otherwise.). Seems that its intended purpose is to clean up and “purtify” the car. And it does this.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Victoria Wax QD

Wow,what a great review!!! I can`t wait to go home and try mine out now!!
    Last edited by norahcrv; 11-19-2004 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Improper spelling :(

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victoria Wax QD

Thanks Norah!

Have you tried yours yet?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victoria Wax QD

Other than in desperation - see my thread "Yuck" -
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8508, no I have not yet tried it. I didn`t really expect a miracle yesterday, but I wouldn`t have minded one!!:lol

Got any ideas on my "dead" finish?:dunno

Thread Information