Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Nxt Tech Paste Wax

Wonderful Product

This product is very very nice. It goes on/off very easy. The directions said to wait until dry. I waited about 25 mins. because the temp was about 40* in my garage. I purposely applied the product too thick but it came off very easily w/ little smearing.

The paint felt butter smooth after taking it off, which was pretty neat, seeing as i really need to clay and do some light polishing, but that will have to wait til spring.

The look of this wax is incredible, i would say it is basically the same as the liquid form, save the gloss. The gloss is outstanding. The best that i have used.

There are really no cons of this wax that i found, it didnt stain trim. Durability is my main area of interest here. I want to see how long this will last in comparison to the liquid form of nxt, which i get about 2 months out of..

I also used NXT insane tire shine on the tires. My initial thoughts on this are that it 1) stinks 2) VERY shiny/glossy/wet.

I will also have to wait and see how long it lasts. This is definately not a product for someone who doesnt like shine. By FAR, the shiniest tire dressing i have used. But I, for one, enjoy shine. So i will continue to use it, if it doesnt sling.

Attached are pics of the car w/ nxt paste. Hope this review was helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had problems getting a thin layer, the paste version seemed to have a bit of drag.

No problems for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pics of your tyres after the NXT Tire Shine ? Maybe a new thread :xyxthumbs

Looking good :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, i found it a little bit hard to get a thin layer, thought it might have had to do w/ the temp.

Ya, im going to run a few errands and then ill take some pics of the tires, and possibly of the sling(if there is any).
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Robb. :xyxthumbs
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Do we know whether this product has cleaning ability? #16 can be layered on top of other products. But, I`m guessing this product will remove SG, UPP etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, is the smell about the same as liquid version? i find it is too strong.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Uncle

Do we know whether this product has cleaning ability? #16 can be layered on top of other products. But, I`m guessing this product will remove SG, UPP etc.

It has been stated on MOL that the paste has the same light cleaning properties as the liquid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eggroll

Nice, is the smell about the same as liquid version? i find it is too strong.

Smell is exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

It has been stated on MOL that the paste has the same light cleaning properties as the liquid.

That is what I suspected. Unfortunately, that also eliminates any interest I might have in the product. I understand that Meguair`s is trying to produce a high quality product that can be used by consumers. But, this is a strategy that will not fit my needs.

Oh well....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the same smell, except a little stronger actually.
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

It makes a good cleaner wax though. I used it to remove some tar and paint transfers on a work truck. My guess is that it has more than just some "light" cleaning properties.

I`m sure it is a high quality product (like most products from this brand). It is not going to meet the needs of enthusiasts though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a test on my hood with NXT over AIO. I waited 24 hours after the AIO then applied NXT. The hood seemed alot clearer and reflective then the rest of the car.

I figured if NXT doesnt remove all of the previous layers of NXT how would it possibly remove AIO. I think i am right.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure it would remove an underlying product completely. But, I would not be surprised if it degrades the underlying product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JBM

I did a test on my hood with NXT over AIO. I waited 24 hours after the AIO then applied NXT. The hood seemed alot clearer and reflective then the rest of the car.

I figured if NXT doesnt remove all of the previous layers of NXT how would it possibly remove AIO. I think i am right.

They are two different products. It`s hard to say what cleaners are in NXT that would dissolve whatever is in AIO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information