Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagle A2Z Tire Swipes

Saw them at Wal-Mart so I grabbed 2 since they weren`t much money and I`m trying lots of things on my tires....looked like trial-size sample packs...llittle bottle (looks like my travelling hair spray bottle!) of forumla and a pair of curved applicators that you use to spread them evenly on the tires.

Anybody seen these? Is there a bigger bottle of the formula stuff available?

I`ll report back when I use it.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle A2Z Tire Swipes

I have them, but I bought them before they started including the sample of Eagle One WET Tire shine. I heard that stuff slings pretty bad so I never bothered trying it. Love the swipes though.

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the swipes are gold, especially cos they can right down into the gap where the rim and the tyre meet. Makes the job dead easy.
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Eagle One Wet tire shine. I`ve been using it for a couple years now and I really like it. The key to avoid the sling is to apply it to dry tires. The sling happens when the product mixes with water stored around the lip of the rim. Also, a little goes a long way. I try to use just barely enough that I cover the tire without using so much that I have excess. That seems to do the trick.

The applicators are really nice. Here`s a tip.... Take a shop towel and fold it in quarters. Then fold that around the back of the applicator as you use it. That helps keep black crap from getting all over your fingers and under your finger nails. I just keep the towel nearby the applicator and use it as an applicator coaster so I`m not leaving greasy spots wherever I set it down at. Also, those applicators aren`t the longest lasting suckers in the world. They will seperate at the foam and yellow part within probably less than a bottle of the stuff. I get my applicators at the dollar store. You can get three for a dollar and they are darn near as durable as the ones that come with the little spray. I`ve got a drawer full of them in my shop and I don`t cry as much when one breaks on me now. I know I can just reach for another. There are also other ones that are even more durable. In fact, PAC carries one RIGHT HERE. I need to pick one of those up so I can see how long they really do last. If it lasts longer than six of my el cheapo ones, then it might be worth the switch. I hate it when they fall apart even if they are cheap....
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Those SM Arnold applicators look pretty interesting. Can you buy foam "refills" and reuse the handle?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle A2Z Tire Swipes

They look almost like shoe shine applicators. The beauty of the Eagle A2Z Tyre Swipes is the curvature.
    I like them so much had 20 shipped over to the UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattZ28
    I have them, but I bought them before they started including the sample of Eagle One WET Tire shine. I heard that stuff slings pretty bad so I never bothered trying it. Love the swipes though.
    If it`s a spray formula, would it "sling"? I could understand a jell or some compound that has thickness slinging, but would spray-on stuff sling? Hardly any depth of material to sling, right?
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaMan
    If it`s a spray formula, would it "sling"? I could understand a jell or some compound that has thickness slinging, but would spray-on stuff sling? Hardly any depth of material to sling, right?
    Absolutely. Spray-on tire dressing will sling.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    Absolutely. Spray-on tire dressing will sling.
    How will I know if it slung?

I sprayed MHTS and it`s an aerosol...I mean, there`s hardly any product on the tires other than what`s "wet" on the surface. Like I said, if you put a jell on and it`s applied too thick, I can understand. But I don`t know how something as thick as hairspray or deoderant can sling off a tire. We`re talking microns deep of the product!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HondaMan
    How will I know if it slung?
    I don`t really understand what you`re asking, but if it slings, it will be on your paint. That`s what sling is. It "slings" off the tire and onto the paint while you`re driving. Look behind the rear tire on the quarter panel, or on the front fender/front door behind the front tire. You`ll see what "sling" is. The tire dressing will be on your paint. It`s worse with some products. Some of the worst sling I have ever seen came from a spray-on & walk-away type of dressing, and it "slung" all over the car, not just near the wheels.

Think about your little tire spinning at 70+ miles per hour. There`s a lot of force that will cause the excess product to work it`s way to the outer edge of the tire, and finally, to sling off onto the paint. That`s how it happens, at least to the best of my knowldege. Think of spinning a wet PC pad....same effect as with your tire and dressing.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I bought like a 5 year supply of three pack tire swipes from Dollar Tree I cut them in half to accomodate low profile tires and I have double the amount Cheap enough to simply toss when they get too soiled
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    Think about your little tire spinning at 70+ miles per hour. There`s a lot of force that will cause the excess product to work it`s way to the outer edge of the tire, and finally, to sling off onto the paint. That`s how it happens, at least to the best of my knowldege. Think of spinning a wet PC pad....same effect as with your tire and dressing.
    OK, understood...I`ll look for it, but to me, it`s like having a wet tire: I never "slung" water off the tire, even when it went fast, because there wasn`t enough mass to sling off. The tire was just wet, not dripping wet, and certainly water doesn`t accumulate on sidewalls, it just wets it before evaporating. The hexane in the products I have means very slow evaporation (although apparently faster in cold weather).

I`ll check the next few times I put these things on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    I love the Eagle One Wet tire shine. I`ve been using it for a couple years now and I really like it. The key to avoid the sling is to apply it to dry tires. The sling happens when the product mixes with water stored around the lip of the rim. Also, a little goes a long way. I try to use just barely enough that I cover the tire without using so much that I have excess. That seems to do the trick.

The applicators are really nice. Here`s a tip.... Take a shop towel and fold it in quarters. Then fold that around the back of the applicator as you use it. That helps keep black crap from getting all over your fingers and under your finger nails. I just keep the towel nearby the applicator and use it as an applicator coaster so I`m not leaving greasy spots wherever I set it down at. Also, those applicators aren`t the longest lasting suckers in the world. They will seperate at the foam and yellow part within probably less than a bottle of the stuff. I get my applicators at the dollar store. You can get three for a dollar and they are darn near as durable as the ones that come with the little spray. I`ve got a drawer full of them in my shop and I don`t cry as much when one breaks on me now. I know I can just reach for another. There are also other ones that are even more durable. In fact, PAC carries one RIGHT HERE. I need to pick one of those up so I can see how long they really do last. If it lasts longer than six of my el cheapo ones, then it might be worth the switch. I hate it when they fall apart even if they are cheap....
    Rubber gloves are a good alternative to the folded towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I had been looking for the EO Tire Swipes for a couple of months and the local Wal-Mart finally got a shipment. I bought all four packs that were on the rack because they`re too difficult to find, and work really well for applying dressings.

I tried the sample EO Tire Shine and didn`t like it because of how oily it feels and the fact that when lightly buffed to prevent sling, the tires look almost like I never applied anything. 303 is my favorite tire dressing so far.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MS22
    Rubber gloves are a good alternative to the folded towel.
    That is true. Actually, I use the towel as an alternative to rubber gloves. lol When I was working at a detail shop I noticed that everybody frequently had rubber gloves on. After one day without wearing them, I found out why they did that. Waxes and polishes and cleaners and everything else that we put on a car during a full detail can dry out your hands. That isn`t very cool. Gloves would certianly solve that problem. When I`m just washing my car and not really getting much by way of chemicals on my hands, I`ll just do the towel thing. The gloves are definitely a good idea. I would suggest getting a box of them and keeping them in the garage for stuff like that. I`m going to start wearing them on engine details too.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information