Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, alot of people have been looking for my review on this, I won`t name names [scottabir!!!], so here it is.

The product:

http://www.aztecproducts.com/Product...r/overview.cfm

I was looking a very portable, heated extractor that was relatively affordable and this fit the bill. Basically, there are two models:

1. "Spotter" -comes with 15` cord, 10` hose and clear suction head

2. "Detailer" -comes with 50` cord, 16` hose and stainless steel head

The detailer is about $30 more than the spotter. I paid $600 for the spotter plus $17 shipping. The extra hose/cord I figured would be too much too carry and I like the clear head better to see what you are sucking up. Buying direct is cheapest and you cut out the middle man which I think results in the best customer service.

The machine does heat the tank water to over 200 deg, you can feel it starting to boil just as the heater turns off. You have to run the spray for about 15 seconds first thing to purge the unheated water from the hose. The 1.5 gal is good enough for most cars unless you maybe have to do the carpets and fabric seats in multiple passes.

The machine is loud, I recommend ear plugs. You are only using it for 20 minutes maybe for a car so not a big deal. Basically, the machine does what is says it does. It will not heat and suck at the same time (if it did you would blow fuses). You let it heat up then switch it to suction. It will fully heat room temp water in about 15 minutes, very cold water (like 40*F) in about 25 minutes.

Basically, if you have any questions on the specifics, send me a PM or talk to Aztec . I did not find any surprises though and am happy with the purchase. :up It`s not the fanciest, most perfect machine ever or anything, but it does it`s job cheaper than any other heated extractor I` have found...

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this before, in case you missed it. This will help you get the most out of your new toy:

Since I have seen and read several threads on carpet cleaning, thought I would chime in. Ive been in the carpet cleaning business for years. Im also certified by the International Institute of Carpet Cleaning and Restoration. Can`t say Im a real big fan of cleaning carpets with Oxy clean. I don`t use it and know for a fact none of my friends in the biz use it either. Many reasons why, the most prominent one is the amount of calls I get from ladies who spray it on a stain, walk away and a week later her carpet has discolored. She sees the ad on television when the guy pours it on and it "disappears". I see this all the time. Not trying to bash anyone using it but if you guys are using this stuff, better make sure you get it rinsed out completely. While I do not clean cars (only my own), here is how I would do it. These principle are the same for cleaning home carpets and the principles taught to me by the IICRC.

#1 Vacuum thorougly. Getting loose dirt is critical to the end result

#2 You need to apply a good prespray. What is a prespray? In our business its called a Traffic Lane Cleaner. You spray it on the carpet to dissolve dirt and stains. That simple. There are many good ones out there. Ones I would look at are: Prochems Ultrapac, Chemspecs Express Lane or Matrix Grand Slam. Most of these run about $25.00 a gallon, but the dillution rations are usually 4 oz per gallon or 1 oz for a 32 oz spray bottle. There are many places on the web to find these presprays, one that comes to mind is www.jondon.com. Ive used them, they have good customer service. A gallon would last a long time. I use a cordless sprayer but for cars a trigger sprayer would work, although a pump up sprayer from Sears or Home Depot would be quicker. Always apply your prespray with HOT water. Hot water breaks down grease and grime twice as fast as cold water.

#3 Agitation. Once the prespray is applied, you need to agitate it into the carpet. Its like shampooing your hair. You wouldn`t dump shampoo on your head and not scrub it in your hair. Same principle applies to carpet cleaning. I prefer a horseshoe brush for this. I would not take a scrub brush to someones car seats.

#4 Dwell time. Need to let preprays dwell on the carpet for a minimum of 10 minutes maybe longer depending on how dirty the carpet is.

#5 Extract. This is when good equipment is essential for a quality job. You have all heard the term "Steam Cleaning". Well, all that is is water going into the carpet and extracting at the same time. We use water at 210 degrees to accomplish this. However, I realize most of you probobly cant extract like this. If it were me and I was detailing alot of carpets, and wanted to be a cut above my competion I would invest in a good portable extractor. No, the are not cheap. A good one will run $650-$1000. However you do it, you must rinse these cleaning agents out of the carpet. If I were using a shop vac, I would mist hot water on top of the prespray (after it dwells) and rinse it out.HOTTEST water you can find. Whatever you can find that gives you the most suction, use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    any pics? do you think it does a really good job, or just ok? how many much better is it than a shop vac? sorry for badgering you, but im looking to get a extractor before spring time...

whats the link to the site? the one you posted isnt working for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Extractors are much much much better than a shop vac. Cleaning carpet is a process. Just like car detailing. If you follow the steps I outlined above you`ll get good results. If you skimp, buy cheap pre-sprays, don`t vacuum and so on you`ll get ho hum results

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Link fixed, it`s:

http://www.aztecproducts.com/Product...r/overview.cfm

I think it works better than the shop vac and it`s worth the money compared to other portable extractors. Whether you have the $$$ to spend is up to you.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! I can stop bugging you now

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered one of these so I hope I`m as happy as you.

Post Thanks / Like
    ohhh good another person I can bug about getting a review of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

ohhh good another person I can bug about getting a review of it

lol.. i better not tell you im gonna order one...:spot

Post Thanks / Like
    hehehehe .... I heard that....

Post Thanks / Like
    I was really wanting that one too...until last night I found out I might be doing a 58 passenger bus, 28 person bus, stretch hummers and stretch limos...I think I need bigger machine with a floor wand

Post Thanks / Like
    buses and limos? not for me :nono

but you have fun :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be cushier than it seems...exterior that is. Interior I think I am not looking forward to it

But it will help pay the bills after I make the move from MI. to WA.

Post Thanks / Like
    One other thing....the rep I talked to gave me a week to decide if I liked the machine, if I did not supposidly I could have returned it. Be sure to ask about this so you make the return if you end up not liking how it performs.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information