No, it didn`t take me 6 hours! After finishing, I played with my niece then we all went out to eat.

My brother had already washed his van when I got there, so I was able to jump right in and start with AIO. I even used a brand new polishing pad to make sure no other products came in contact with the paint. The paint was still in good shape since the van is only about 15 months old, so AIO was enough to prep the paint. I also did all the windows with it too. After polishing, the paint was noticably brighter, more reflective and slicker; just what I expect from AIO.

I mixed 5 drops of ZFX into the Z2 and shook it up real good before I started buffing, so by the time I finished, it had been 30 minutes since mixing. I misted a brand new foam hand pad (again, I wanted to make sure no other products could contaminate the results) and applied some Z2. It spreads very easily and a little goes a long way especially after the pad it primed. I applied the first layer and by the time I finished (maybe 10 minutes), where I first started applying Zaino passed the swipe test, so I removed the excess. Wiped off with no effort and I saw no streaking or smearing at all. Wiped off just as easily as NXT or Wolfgang if you want a comparison.

As I wiped off the excess, I noticed an improvement over just AIO. Clearer, wetter and more reflective. Slickness seemed marginally better than AIO. The van looked like I had applied another layer of clearcoat that was still wet. I expected Zaino to look very reflective but I was pleasantly suprised with how wet it looks. Looks similar to EX-P but with somewhat sharper reflections. Overall, very nice appearance! :xyxthumbs

EDIT I replaced the pics shot at dusk with these taken this afternoon. Still ugly out but more light. AIO + Z2 x 3 layers in these pictures.

A couple more on my site:

http://www.scottwax.com/nxt_and_zaino.htm

================

After taking the pictures, I still have some ZFX mixed Z2 I needed to use up. I QDed with Z6, then applied another layer of Z2. Again, by the time I finished, I could remove the excess. I then used the last of the Z2 applying a 3rd layer. Like I said earlier, once the pad it primed, a little goes a real long way and it spreads with ease.

I noticed more improvement (albeit slight) with the 2nd layer than the 3rd, so I think 2 layers would satisfy most people. My only real complaint is the necessity to use ZFX if you don`t want to wait to remove the excess and want to do 2-3 layers at a time. I ended up with some leftover product that obviously I had to toss out. I guess it takes practice to be able to accurately know how much product you will need so you don`t mix up too much. I don`t know about the chemistry in Zaino so I don`t know if it is possible to make it so it sets up more quickly without having to add anything. In any event, it is a minor issue.

3 hours since I applied and removed the last layer, the finish is noticably slicker than it was when I finished and the reflections down the side are very sharp. My brother is very happy how his van turned out...and once I can get some pics in better light, you will understand!

I have enough Z5 that I can do another whole vehicle, my understanding is that Z5 is better on darker colors so I`ll be looking for something to try it on in the next week.

I may end up ordering some Z2 and ZFX since I do have customers I only see a couple times a year. With AIO as a base, Z2 is very easy to use and gives outstanding results and (based on what everyone says) the durability to go 6 months with a single application (probably 2 layers though).