Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Zaino review

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, paco, that is the kind of quality information I am looking for.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

You seem to imply that Zaino and the instructions have reached a pinnacle. There are very few man-made things on this earth that can`t be improved upon. Most anything that man designs is affected by time limitations, cost limitations, design/modeling limitations, random errors, quality control, unintented side effects, etc. The fact that Sal has refined his application instructions to the best of his ability does not mean that they have been refined to the point of perfection.

But if you want to talk about foolish bunches of people, I`d say the foolish bunch is the bunch who thinks there is anything that could never be made to work better.

No, I do not imply that Zaino and the instructions have reached a pinnacle. Far from it, Sal continues to improve on his products. What I`m saying is that by logic, the creator should know his own product better than anyone out there. What this means is, while his instructions are never going to be in its most perfect form, they`re still the closest. Blindly experimenting for the sake of increasing the chemical effectiveness of a product just isn`t going to work. That doesn`t mean we shouldn`t -- if you find it easier and you can`t discern the difference, go for it!

By the way, thanks for the nice philosophy lesson. I hope you don`t misunderstand -- I`m a huge believer of human progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by paco

Scott,

I`ve been thinking the past year that perhaps Z1/ZFX isn`t required altogether unless a person would like to layer, thereby needing ZFX.

I`m pretty sure that ZFX would not be required if you were only planning on putting on a single coat. I`m pretty sure a couple have tried it and found very good durability. I`ve always applied 2 - 3 coats so I`ve never had the chance to actually do a 1/2 car test with and without.

Paco

With ZFX, I agree... that`s what I posted earlier. But with Z1, I disagree. Z1 doesn`t do anything for layering... it`s there to make the bonding stronger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

You seem to imply that Zaino and the instructions have reached a pinnacle. There are very few man-made things on this earth that can`t be improved upon. Most anything that man designs is affected by time limitations, cost limitations, design/modeling limitations, random errors, quality control, unintented side effects, etc. The fact that Sal has refined his application instructions to the best of his ability does not mean that they have been refined to the point of perfection.

While I can understand that if a person wants to make the safe play, or isn`t compelled to get worse results in a quest for better ones, then following any manufacturers instructions is a great idea. And it`s always a good idea for anyone unfamiliar with a product or process. But if you want to talk about foolish bunches of people, I`d say the foolish bunch is the bunch who thinks there is anything that could never be made to work better.

Thanks Bob!!

I just choose to ignore because I would not have been as eloquent as you.

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Scott!! :xyxthumbs
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Scott !!!

Did you happen to notice the plastic food wrap type of appearance that a lot of Zaino users talk about or notice.

BMG

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DetailingFOOL

Hey Scott !!!

Did you happen to notice the plastic food wrap type of appearance that a lot of Zaino users talk about or notice.

BMG

No but I used it on silver paint. Most of the comments are when Zaino is used on darker paint. I would say the appearance is like adding another layer of clearcoat that still looks wet. I think maybe `wet glass` describes the look better than `plasticky`.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice results Scott - Van looks very wet on my monitor.

Almost a "waste" to use it on a van.

Post Thanks / Like
    That `van` has the power of teh VTEC! It is almost like driving a tall Accord!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

That `van` has the power of teh VTEC! It is almost like driving a tall Accord!

Yeah, that `van` will run high 8`s to 60 and do the 1/4 in the low 16`s. It`s the fastest mini-van on the planet and just got faster in `05!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan

Yeah, that `van` will run high 8`s to 60 and do the 1/4 in the low 16`s. It`s the fastest mini-van on the planet and just got faster in `05!

Liz drove her client`s last nite and she was wondering if it was forcely inducted ...She said it had some serious power for a soccer mom mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

No but I used it on silver paint. Most of the comments are when Zaino is used on darker paint. I would say the appearance is like adding another layer of clearcoat that still looks wet. I think maybe `wet glass` describes the look better than `plasticky`.

I use the following comparison when talking about Zaino vs other products: Glass vs Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan

Motor Trend tested one and got a 0-60 time of 7.8 and a 15.8 @ 87 1/4 mile out of one...and the `05s have 15 hp more!

Personally, I wouldn`t want a minivan but if all other forms of transportation were to suddenly disappear, I`d be driving an Odyssey.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review, keep us posted as time goes on. Also you might shave a tenth off the quarter time with Zaino lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Save target as:

http://members.rogers.com/odyclub/Odyssey2.avi

Car and Driver got 7.5 to 60

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information