Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I consider myself to be an Autopian Lite. I like a great looking car but I do not have the time nor will to seek perfection on my daily driven cars (it was different with my former garage queen 993). I want them to look the best possible with the amount of time I am willing to spend. I am fairly regimented about cleaning them, however, I am somewhat relaxed about polishing to remove all the swirls, especially with my wifeâ€â„¢s black carâ€Â¦I just live with some imperfections. Therefore I have always looked to use products that enhance the look (maybe hide some imperfections) and are durable. I decided to try the 1Z products early this past spring. Prior to the 1Z I was primarily a Zaino user that experimented with other products. I liked Zaino but I had run out of couple of things and was tired of the prep and tired of the unforgiving nature of the product. Loved the durability and the Z-6.

I have been very happy with the results. The 1Z polishes are easy to use and the application of Glanz is about as simple and easy as it gets. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the Glanz had some ability to hide some fine micro marring. I really missed Z-6 (loved that slickness) and there was the question of durability. 1Z came out with Lackfinish which is almost as good as Z-6 so the only real question was durability.

I admit that I slack on the prep work of my wifeâ€â„¢s car. The problem is not entirely mineâ€Â¦.it is almost impossible for the car to be out of commission for me to do a full detail on it for an entire day not to mention weekend. Therefore when I applied the Glanz on it in late April it was just a quick clay and some spot polishing. I usually use Perls and/or Meg.â€â„¢s Gold Class Shampoo for washing and I started following up the wash with a quick wipe down of full strength Lackfinish when it came out.

Here is a picture I took this weekend of some beading 7 months after the initial application. I used Gold Class shampoo this weekend so none the beading is associated with Perls. The last Lackfinish wipe down was probably 3 weeks ago.

I just got my car in late June. The paint condition was average. I clayed and did a quick polish using 1Z Metallic Polish on a white pad with the PC. I followed with Glanz. I have used Lackfinish after most washes. These pictures were taken this weekend (5 months after initial application) after washing using Gold Class Shampoo.

The pictures really donâ€â„¢t do the beading justice. It has been raing almost every day here and the beading on the car during the rain is amazing. Both of these cars are driven daily. They are garaged at night but sit out during the day. I have been very impressed by the durability of Glanz. I think the Glanz product is excellent for my application. I have actually been impressed with every 1Z product I have used and sort of consider myself a 1Z user now

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice durability review! I`ve used Glanz Wax a few times and really like it. Nice glow, decent slickness and seems pretty durable.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bet993

I I liked Zaino but I had run out of couple of things and was tired of the prep and tired of the unforgiving nature of the product. Loved the durability and the Z-6.

[IMG]

I couldn`t disagree more with a statement than saying Zaino isn`t unforgiving. Out of popular sealants I think it`s the most forgiving and the only one to my knowledge where you can put multiple coats. Having said that I do like Glantz as well. Zaino and glantz are very comparable.

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/det...5256389-1.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scottwax. My biggest complaint about Glanz is the slickness because as you said it`s "decent". That was the thing I loved the most about Zaino. The addition of Lackfinish has helped to narrow the margin though. I have always hear Blackfire is the slickness king but I have never used it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian-GW is definitely not as slick as UPP or NXT but it is on par with most good carnaubas. GW does have a very wet look to it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I used NXT on my wife`s car (black one) prior to using the GW. While it was very slick initially I found that it had a dramatic drop off after a very short time (week, 2 at the most) and that beading was basically done after about a 3-4 weeks. It was disappointing because I really like the initial results especially the slickness.

GW does have a good wet look, especially on the black. I also like it on silver because it sort of adds a "pop" or "shimmer".

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I`ve had glanz on my wife`s car for approx 2 months now. I wash weekly with GC or NXT and QD after each wash with Mother`s Showtime and it`s as slick as the day I put it on and beading is still small and tight.

I like the lookand it was really easy to apply, but, as with most autopians, after a couple of months I`m ready to give something else a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bet993...

What 1Z polishes have you used??? Which do you like the best???? How do they compare to Megs????
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my studies, Iâ€â„¢ve found GW to perform best using a base of 1Z, AIO, and Sonus SFX polishes. Other surface preps like NXT did not do so well. All in all, GW is very good in my opinion. Easy on, easy off, slick, and durable . . . itâ€â„¢s a shame it canâ€â„¢t be layered.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use GW specifically on dark metallics. I have an aunt and cousin who live near part of the New Orleans wetlands (swamp, marsh, lakes, etc,) and they commute into the city every day. Wetlands + Interstate = bug city. I usually detail their vehicles once every three months and they maintain them inbetween. When they come to me, I usually always have to clay and polish them before I can protect, and always go for 1Z PP, MP, and GW. It`s been just over three months since I`ve done my aunt`s Dodge pickup and I was with her last week when it started raining and I noticed that it was still beading like mad and the surface still looked great, and this is coming from a truck that gets washed/scrubbed at least twice per week with the most abrasive methods possible, I`m sure. I`ve even seen her put huge flannel sheets over the sides of the bed (over a dirty truck :nono ) to prevent scratches. The point here is GW looks awesome (especially on metallics), lasts a long time, and is a breeze to apply. I usually apply it by hand but I think I might try it in a spray bottle and apply it by PC next time for a more even coat.

As far as bonding issues, since I usually polish with 1Z beforehand I just go right on top of it with GW, but when I`m not polishing I reach for AIO or VM. You have to remember that 1Z PP and MP both have silicones in them for protection and GW was designed to go right on top of them, so I don`t see AIO or VM being an absolute *necessity* like most sealants, but it surely can`t hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    bet003- Posts like yours always tempt me to try GW BTW, your "Autopina lite" approach sounds very sensible :xyxthumbs

Pats300zx- I`m sure you`ve already heard my $0.02 on the 1Z polishes but anyhow...when it comes to being user-friendly and effective, IMO the 1z stuff is miles ahead of Meg`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pats300zx - I have to echo what Accumulator says. The 1Z polishes are the most user friendly polishes I have ever used. Of the Meg`s polishes I have used I think PP is less agressive than DACP (can`t compare it to Ultra because I have not used it) but much more user friendly in that it doesn`t require another polishing phase and MP is more effective than Swirl Remover 2.0 (along with being super easy to use). Personally I don`t think you can go wrong with the 1Z polishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    bet993: Nice photos and write-up. I agree 1ZMPW is more effective than Meg`s #9 at removing swirls. Glad to hear you had good results with 1Z. I find it hard to do a durability test on LSP (my product of choice being Glanz Wax0 though, I`m constantly using a QD spray (Lackfinish or Meg`s) to touch-up fingerprints, dust and bug guts plus I always use Perls shampoo. But hey, if this all works together to give me extended life on the protection then I can`t complain. It even does a good job on "non-Autopian" cared for cars, very hardy when it comes to auto wash detergents.

Accumulator: Can`t believe you haven`t tried GW :shocked , PM if you want a sample.

Bottom line: it`s easy and looks great and you can get superb durability.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can do is say, "DITTO!" 1Z is definitely my brand of choice when it comes to polishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Macgirl- Thanks for the offer of a GW sample, I might take you up on it sometime. For the time being though, I`m sticking with the current regimens/LSPs, which are, IMO, pretty much *perfect* for how I`m handling the applications.

Q: Anybody have a take on how GW compares as far as durability and "self cleaning in the rain" compared to #16 and Collinite?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information