Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading the hype on 4* UPP I was hoping that this would be a product that I could use instead of using a sealant followed by a topper and I could combine both of them into 1 step with this sealant that is supposed to have the look of a caranuba. Also I`m looking for something that I can buy in bulk that also fits into the category of easy t use.

For the most part this product fits the bill. I used 4* UPP on two different black vehicles this weekend. After all if something is going to claim the look of a caranuba then why not try it on a black car to see for sure.

Before I begin...don`t shoot me...I don`t have pictures of car #1. 2003 BMW 530I. I detailed this car about 3 months ago using Zaino and it still beaded quite nicely upon washing. This was a quick detail before the car was to be turned in on a lease and the owner didn`t even want anything further on the exterior BUT since I had the UPP I figured that I`d try it out. Results over the Zaino were stunning. It slightly muted the mirror like shine of the Zaino and left a shiny surface that had more depth than with the Zaino alone. The combo was really nice on this BMW. Of course it was late when I finished so I`d like to see the car again in the sun to be 100% positive that I like the look but from what I can tell I liked it alot. As far as using the product...it`s very thin, smells very strong, but spreads easily. I did find myself using more and more as I went but that was more me being sloppy to hurry in case it was a pain to remove. To my suprise UPP is EXTREMELY easy to remove. I let the product sit while I dressed the tires and wheel wells after applying then went on to remove it and it came right off with no streaking or the like.

Ok...so onto vehicle #2. this one in more light for me to make a better interpretation. 2005 Cadillac Escillade EXT that was 7 days old. Again black. Washed down the vehicle and clayed it (had quite a bit of crap int he paint for a new car. Suprisingly the dealer did a VERY nice job of prepping the car or maybe didn`t prep it at all as the surface of the paint was flawless so I went straight to the UPP. To my suprise I found that the UPP did little at all for the appearance of the paint with nothing else on there. Over the Zaino on the first car it was great BUT I kid you not I couldn`t tell a difference after using the UPP on the new truck as compared to how it looked when I got done drying it. Yes when you feel the paint you can definetly tell the difference as UPP has got to be the slickest feeling product ever BUT I was slightly disappointed with the muted look of the product with nothing else underneith.

That`s just my take...i still think that this is probably the most user friendly sealant that I`ve used. I`m just going to have to try to use it on a few more cars before I can decide if I like the end looks of the product or not. Maybe if I layer UPP it will become more eye catching to me...but this isn`t an option on customer cars when I`m out and about.

I`ll throw a few layers on my black Audi this week and see if I change my mind

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting review Andy! Thanks for taking the time to share.

I was planning to try the same myself, UPP over Zaino to see if it looked OK and to test if durability was impaired in any way. I don`t see myself giving up the durability of Zaino (except maybe for Klasse) but I`m open to experiment with toppers, including UPP.

Do you have any good carnuba wax to test side by side with the UPP? I`m interested just how close to a good quality carnuba, UPP gets and then how the two compare on durability.

Thanks again for the write up!
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have known that through experience that there`s nothing that can really do-it-all, though AIO is one of my favorite products. I guess I never thought of comparing UPP to any toppers because it`s marketed as a sealant that`s supposed to have the durability of a Zaino or Klasse SG with the deep looks of a Caranuba...and well it really does seem to take on those characteristics but the look on the Escillade wasn`t really wet...just deep...I feel a caranuba would have been wetter appearing with the same depth.

I do have S100, Soveran and #16 at home...or maybe I can just layer UPP over Zaino to get the reslts that I want from now on...but then I`m still doing 2 steps so I might as well just use a caranuba topper instead of UPP?..

I will give the product this though...it`s the easiest to use sealant that I have over Zaino, SG, EX-P which could still make it a goto product...say AIO then UPP would probably be an excellent combo and both are super simple to use...no worries of streaking at all.

I`m still not going to throw in the towel until I`ve used it on a few more cars...the Black Audi and my mom`s Red VW beetle conv. will get to see this product this week then I"ll report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re looking for the potential of UPP instead of the hype as you put it, then you should go back and use AIO as your base for it, or at the very least the UPC. That is how most of us have had the success with the product. On the 2nd car you said you went straight to UPP. Retry it the other way, and get back to us with a 2nd review...

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do...I went straight to UPP on the Escillade because it was 7 days old and after clay there was no need for anything else on the surface in my opinion. I guess my whole purpose for using the product in the first place was that on vehicles that need very little work I was hoping that this could help me combine my sealant and topper steps into 1...I should have known better...I`m sure that used as other products I`ll be just as satisfied with the results....heck a sealant with this deep of an appearance should look absolutly shimmering wet under Soveran Paste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a couple shots of the truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 4* UPP on my silver 4Runner this past weekend and I loved it. It went on so smooth, came of so easy, and left the surface super slick.

Great product......

:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AudiOn19s,

Nice pics of the Escalade. I also have to give 4* UPP :up

1. Ease of use (on/off)

2. Super Slick

3. Nice shine

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    How would you guys compare it to SG in terms of protection? Not necessarily durability (tough to beat SG) but in its ability to help against dust, marring, etc...
    Tanguy Perinne
    1997 ProCharged Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I used UPP for the firs time this weekend and I can say that finally, FINALLY after two years of experimenting I have found what I love, AIO and UPP. I see no point in owning any of the other products now as I will use UPP exclusively with Klasse AIO. Its amazing, never felt a car so slick, Im almost, almost looking forward to the rain so I can see how it rolls off. UPP better than Zaino and cheaper. Has my vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DetailGirl

I used UPP for the firs time this weekend and I can say that finally, FINALLY after two years of experimenting I have found what I love, AIO and UPP. I see no point in owning any of the other products now as I will use UPP exclusively with Klasse AIO. Its amazing, never felt a car so slick, Im almost, almost looking forward to the rain so I can see how it rolls off. UPP better than Zaino and cheaper. Has my vote!

What exactly was it about UPP that makes you think it is better than Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rob Tomlin

What exactly was it about UPP that makes you think it is better than Zaino?
    Goes on easier. Comes off easier. Produces slicker feel and perfect combination of a wet carnuba and a glass gloss Zaino. IMO Zaino does not start to look good until the 3rd + coat. I achieved these results with one application of UPP. I have never felt anything so slick before.

In a way its sad because I have nothing to do now detailing wise. Im going to have to work on other peoples cars lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, and excellent pics!

I`m also a fan of UPP. As a matter of fact, the entire UPP system works extremely well together. If I`m not mistaken, the UAW (wash), and the UGE (gloss enhancer) also have a bit of the same polymer in them as the UPP. Therefore, like Zaino, using the entire system together may have some added benefits.

I also like the UPC (paint cleaner) in place of AIO on some colors, as it tends to give a clearer, brighter finish than UPP over AIO.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP is really awesome for light and metallic colors. Definitely redo the prep for UPP, it still is a sealant. I`m sure if you layer and prep correctly it can last awhile, but many conditions vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DetailGirl

Goes on easier. Comes off easier. Produces slicker feel and perfect combination of a wet carnuba and a glass gloss Zaino. IMO Zaino does not start to look good until the 3rd + coat. I achieved these results with one application of UPP. I have never felt anything so slick before.

In a way its sad because I have nothing to do now detailing wise. Im going to have to work on other peoples cars lol.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am a long time Zaino user and have been extremely happy with it, so when I see a post like yours it obviously gets me curious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information