Thread: Trade Secret

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trade Secret

I have currrently been using Trade Secret (over klasse AIO/wolfgang prewax/poorboys ssr2.5) for the final shine on a multitude of different color cars. The results have been great on everything from white to black and back but I was wondering what carnauba everyone else feels produces the best possible depth and shine over the widest range of colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question as each different carnauba has its own unique characteristics. I dunno....if I had to pick out one that just amazed me with a great look, I would have to say Liquid Souveran (on my red truck). It really stunned me how good it looked. I haven`t tried the paste version, and don`t know if I will, but I can give a to the LS.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Secret

I`ve found that the best `multi purpose` wax for me has been S100/P21S. I suppose that just about any wax will look good on a car compared to what it looked like with nothing at all. Most of my clients aren`t looking for the absolute best product for their car. They just want it to look better than when they brought it to me. S100 is easy for me to get locally and it is inexpensive.

Post Thanks / Like

i can give you my top few carnuba LSP but IMHO I doubt you will see a big difference
    SOUVERN
    TS
    LS

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a fan of Trade Secret too, but after reading some threads, I think I`ll pop for some o` Dat Pinnacle Souveran. $70.00 OUCH!

Post Thanks / Like

I was 2 for 2 taking home trophys at a car show with mulitiple coats of TS, so take that for what it`s worth. The only other pure waxes I have are all 3 Collinites, great for this time of year but not what you`re looking for. I have Natty`s on the way so I`ll be able to comment on that this weekend. I`m getting some LS next year for my Mustang and higher end cars, way to expensive to use on every car I detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried TS last weekend on my Velocity Red (paint has gold flakes in it) RX-8 with great results! Made the paint wetter looking and deeper.

I applied it over 4 coats of Z2.

Application and removal couldn`t have been easier!

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shotime
    I was 2 for 2 taking home trophys at a car show with mulitiple coats of TS, so take that for what it`s worth. The only other pure waxes I have are all 3 Collinites, great for this time of year but not what you`re looking for. I have Natty`s on the way so I`ll be able to comment on that this weekend. I`m getting some LS next year for my Mustang and higher end cars, way to expensive to use on every car I detail.
    I think how a carnauba like Collinite looks depends on the color.

I have 3 layers of FMJ & 3 layers of Collinite #476s on my Satin Silver (metallic) Accord Coupe and the paint is glossy & wet, the metallic sparkles.

The surface was prepped for applying winter durability products so aside from #476s being a bit tougher to apply & remove (as opposed to LS, Natty`s, TS, s100, etc....) I can`t imagine it looking much better.

Darker colors = different results but on metallic silver it looks great.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Thread Information