Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a very nice product I think. I noticed this weekend that my cars were beading nice and then I would wash them with this Cherry wash stuff I bought at the local store when I ran out of Griot`s and the beading was gone. It seemed to me that it stripped the wax along with cleaning. So I went and got some NXT car wash and gave that a shot. The solution is very slick and nice to use. It cleaned very well and left the cars sparkling afterward. I noticed that even washing it in the warm sun I got no water marks as usaul. Well after reading that NXT is designed to not leave waterspots from hard water I knew it was doing what it said it was supposed to.

Just thought I would share my thoughts on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. Did you notice that it still beaded well afterwards? Most cheaper carwashes tend to decrease the beading effect due to a shampoo residue remaining on the car (in my experiences). Could also have something to do with my water as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MattZ28

Good review. Did you notice that it still beaded well afterwards? Most cheaper carwashes tend to decrease the beading effect due to a shampoo residue remaining on the car (in my experiences). Could also have something to do with my water as well.

Yes, it for sure was beading after NXT car wash. I think that Cherry stuff might be the reason that my girls car was not staying nice looking. It was just stripping off all the wax I am guessing. I went over her car with this Midnight Express for dark cars and tried a little panel and it still was beading. I will let you know after I wash it again in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks. I probably should have re-worded that....let me give you an example. When I wash with Zaino Z7 or Eagle One WET, it still beads, but the beads are large and not tight at all. When I wash with Pinnacle shampoo, the beads are tight and looks like I had just applied a wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not too impressed with it yet, not quite the lubricity I expected. Maybe I didn`t use enough of the product in the bucket?

I`m going to give it another try tonight and use more wash.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by COB Ryan

I`m not too impressed with it yet, not quick the lubricity I expected. Maybe I didn`t use enough of the product in the bucket?

I`m going to give it another try tonight and use more wash.

Is there another locally available/similarly priced wash you find slicker?

I`m having a hell of a time finding this stuff (at retail price) in 2 states. If I get it I sure don`t want to be disappointed with it
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using the NXT wash on and off since march, I find that you have to use a little more soap then with some normal car washes, I find it does a pretty good job beading water, but most importantly I really haven`t noticed much wash induced marring the paint seems to stay lubricated pretty well when your washing.. it`s good wash for the money I think. No complaints yet

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good results using NXT Tech Wash. Good suds and lubricity, no scratching and there are a lot fewer water spots. Wash mitts flow easily across the paint and even stubborn dirt, bugs and brake dust are removed easily. Good value as well with 64 oz. for $6.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been happy with NXT wash too, I just have a hard time finding it. My Meguiars distributor carries it but I have to drive to Dallas to get it then. Target, Walmart, Pep Boys and Autozone are good about keeping the wax and protectant in stock but not the wash. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart never has the wash here, nor does target.. the only place I can find it in is Kmart and I can`t stand that place. Plus they charge way over retail

Post Thanks / Like
    pepboys only carries it here in northern california
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`ve been happy with NXT wash too, I just have a hard time finding it. My Meguiars distributor carries it but I have to drive to Dallas to get it then. Target, Walmart, Pep Boys and Autozone are good about keeping the wax and protectant in stock but not the wash. :nixweiss

Ah ha! So it is a nationwide thing. I`ve also noticed its absence in FL :down Not a good thing for Megs I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, the wash is a PIA to find...I had looked in many locations and stumbled across it about 6 weeks ago in a Walmart I don`t typically frequent. It was $6 for .5 gallons...that`s a lot of washing. The stuff is decent but I`d place it in line with many of Meguiar`s seemingly endless array of car washes. It`s a good value but the hi-end products leave a brighter, more apparent gloss.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Still fun to at least try out. I just let the folks over on MOL know about this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    The NXT is actually probably my favorite car wash. I love the lubricity and the cleaning ability. It smells great and is easy to get, for me at least, here in northeast Kansas.

I have used Zaino car wash, Pinnacle, Sonus, Gold Class, 1Z Perls, but I always come back to the NXT. Maybe it`s because I use NXT wax on my car. Either way, I love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information